Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2021 LIFETIME OFFERS! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2021 LIFETIME OFFERS!

Comments

• @MikePT said:
    Then LA coming, in a few months, if all goes well, it's still quite expensive.

Don't do this unless you exceed a load level that it makes sense. I say this being on LA, even.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @TimboJones said:

@MikePT said:

Don't do this unless you exceed a load level that it makes sense. I say this being on LA, even.

Don't listen to Timbo. In fact you should buy the fastest Ryzen and overclock it with liquid cooling. Cut back on what you feed your family if you have to. Sell your car and hitchhike to work and increase the RAM as well!

• @randomq said:

@TimboJones said:

@MikePT said:

Don't listen to Timbo. In fact you should buy the fastest Ryzen and overclock it with liquid cooling. Cut back on what you feed your family if you have to. Sell your car and hitchhike to work and increase the RAM as well!

You left out "sell your baby". Frees up time and money.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@TimboJones said:

@MikePT said:

Agreed. It'll take time 👌

@randomq said:

@TimboJones said:

@MikePT said:

I'll even sell my dog!!!

@TimboJones said:

@randomq said:

@TimboJones said:

@MikePT said:

You left out "sell your baby". Frees up time and money.

That I can't do. ❤️

• @MikePT said:

I'll even sell my dog!!!

Poor Charlie!

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Hi do you have looking glass or test ip for LA and DE ?

@jcarlo9 said:
    Hi do you have looking glass or test ip for LA and DE ?

We do not.

• @MikePT said:

@jcarlo9 said:

We do not.

Which location is good for Asia ?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • This is love at first sight <3

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • I feel confused and would like to ask this, even if i should already know the answer.
    I'm interested by LA location but i want to serve Canada ; latency is about 70ms. Hosting a WordPress, what will be the impact on SEO? Is free Cloudflare a good way to reduce SEO impact? What other CDN are good, low price or free as alternative to Cloudflare?

Does it makes sense to go with LA to serve Canada with a 70ms latency?

Thank you :).

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @o_be_one said: Does it makes sense to go with LA to serve Canada with a 70ms latency?

Yes.
    Unless you are running a gaming site or something critical on time, you don't need to worry.
    Jusr host your site and clouflare it

Thanked by 2o_be_one MikePT
  • o_be_oneo_be_one Member
    edited February 2021

Weird i can't choose location for LET25GB, i would like LA but there is no location selector like for other LT packages. Also i can't see any mention about location if there is no selector because Out Of Stock from one location.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @o_be_one said:
    I feel confused and would like to ask this, even if i should already know the answer.
    I'm interested by LA location but i want to serve Canada ; latency is about 70ms. Hosting a WordPress, what will be the impact on SEO? Is free Cloudflare a good way to reduce SEO impact? What other CDN are good, low price or free as alternative to Cloudflare?

You're aware Canada stretches wider east-west Coast than US, right? Who/where in Canada you trying to serve? You're better off hosting on east coast or central, more likely.

• @TimboJones said: Who/where in Canada you trying to serve?

Quebec, i often take NYC hosting location as it's really close with little latency. I'm aware LA is a bit far providing ~70ms and i was expecting to help SEO even with such a latency using CloudFlare or, if i need more power, BunnyCDN. What do you think?

Thanked by 1MikePT
    edited February 2021

@o_be_one said:
    Weird i can't choose location for LET25GB, i would like LA but there is no location selector like for other LT packages. Also i can't see any mention about location if there is no selector because Out Of Stock from one location.

Order it and open a ticket. I need to renew the module that assigns the locations. Nice find!

@o_be_one said:

@TimboJones said: Who/where in Canada you trying to serve?

Quebec, i often take NYC hosting location as it's really close with little latency. I'm aware LA is a bit far providing ~70ms and i was expecting to help SEO even with such a latency using CloudFlare or, if i need more power, BunnyCDN. What do you think?

You can ping wde1.wndp.pt or wla1.wndp.pt, see which location fits best! I would say LA certainly.

Thanked by 1o_be_one

@TimboJones said:

@o_be_one said:
    I feel confused and would like to ask this, even if i should already know the answer.

You're aware Canada stretches wider east-west Coast than US, right? Who/where in Canada you trying to serve? You're better off hosting on east coast or central, more likely.

Thank you for your help Timbo ❤️

@jcarlo9 said:

@MikePT said:

@jcarlo9 said:

We do not.

Which location is good for Asia ?

LA!

@Ympker said:
    This is love at first sight <3

Nice screenshot. I love Ryzens 😁😍

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • I also love raisins!

Thanked by 2MikePT Ympker
  • @angstrom said:
    I also love raisins!

I too love racists!

• Are you the same @Nekki from Parler? I loved your Capitol selfies BTW! <3

Thanked by 1mrTom
  • o_be_oneo_be_one Member
    edited February 2021

@MikePT said:

@o_be_one said:

You can ping wde1.wndp.pt or wla1.wndp.pt, see which location fits best! I would say LA certainly.

Definitively LA yes ^^. I've 80 ms with LA. Will definitively need a CDN to help but not sure it will be THE solution ; whatever it's ok i'm not production ready yet.

I often read about DE stability, what about LA? Is it stable like DE or a bit less? What are your last 6 months SLA?

Btw is LA also on Ryzen?

Thanks for the information regarding the bug, then i might open a ticket.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @o_be_one said:

@MikePT said:

@o_be_one said:

Definitively LA yes ^^. I've 80 ms with LA. Will definitively need a CDN to help but not sure it will be THE solution ; whatever it's ok i'm not production ready yet.

I often read about DE stability, what about LA? Is it stable like DE or a bit less? What are your last 6 months SLA?

Btw is LA also on Ryzen?

Ping isn't important for website hosting. Maybe there's some marginal benefits for SEO if you had lower ping and geolocated in canada. Using cloudflare/cdn would not help with SEO, however.

LA is still on e3 xeons but I think mike said it's going to be upgraded in the future.

Thanked by 3MikePT o_be_one ariq01

@o_be_one said:

@MikePT said:

@o_be_one said:

Btw is LA also on Ryzen?

Hey,

Both locations have been working superb, to be honest.

We haven't had any major issues for a very long time. We do receive alerts any time there's an issue, powered by Nixstats! :D

Thanked by 1o_be_one

@smallbibi said: Ping isn't important for website hosting. Maybe there's some marginal benefits for SEO if you had lower ping and geolocated in canada. Using cloudflare/cdn would not help with SEO, however.

LA is still on e3 xeons but I think mike said it's going to be upgraded in the future.

Yep, as long as the Ryzen's pricing is reduced for LA, or something similar.

LA is an expensive location, but we will eventually upgrade it of course.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
    edited February 2021

Howdy,

The Server Location selector has been fixed.

There's still stock for:

Reseller 25 GB @ 40€ LIFETIME - https://myw.pt/manager/cart.php?a=add&pid=297

Reseller 50 GB @ 80€ LIFETIME - https://myw.pt/manager/cart.php?a=add&pid=194

Reseller 100 GB @ 160€ LIFETIME - https://myw.pt/manager/cart.php?a=add&pid=195

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • @randomq said:
    Are you the same @Nekki from Parler? I loved your Capitol selfies BTW! <3

Hi,

Yes is me, but you have confused Grindr with Parler.

Thanked by 3o_be_one randomq kkrajk

@Nekki said:

@randomq said:
    Are you the same @Nekki from Parler? I loved your Capitol selfies BTW! <3

Hi,

Yes is me, but you have confused Grindr with Parler.

I hope all is well with you & the fam :)