Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2021 LIFETIME OFFERS! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2021 LIFETIME OFFERS!

Comments

• Time to start providing monthly/annual offers and be done with the lifetimes. Not too high but circa $6 p.a (5/10 GB) Shared & 20 p.a (15 GB) would keep bringing money in, in regular intervals

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • _MS__MS_ Member
    edited January 2021

@kkrajk said:
    Time to start providing monthly/annual offers and be done with the lifetimes. Not too high but circa $6 p.a (5/10 GB) Shared & 20 p.a (15 GB) would keep bringing money in, in regular intervals

Agree. @MikePT did post only non-Lifetime plans for some time, and those were great value plans. But, now we're back to lifetimes. There should never have been Reseller lifetimes.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @kkrajk said:
    Time to start providing monthly/annual offers and be done with the lifetimes. Not too high but circa $6 p.a (5/10 GB) Shared & 20 p.a (15 GB) would keep bringing money in, in regular intervals

Money is coming in from his main business afaik.

Thanked by 2kkrajk MikePT
  • pullangcubopullangcubo Member
    edited January 2021

@chocolateshirt said:

@MikePT said:

@sahjanivishal said:

@chocolateshirt said:
    Hi mate @MikePT, is it possible to whitelabel the DNS Server?

Yes I believe it is possible, you can have nameservers as ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com with reseller account.

@chocolateshirt said:

Yes, just point to our DNS server's IP's.

@smallbibi said:

@chocolateshirt said: Hi mate @MikePT, is it possible to whitelabel the DNS Server?

I believe all you have to do is set A records on your own domain to the nameserver IPs and you can "whitelabel" nameservers on all reseller hosting? There's probably other things you have to point to make everything work, like the panel and email etc. I think you can just look at the records on the panel and copy it properly. I may be wrong because I don't play with reseller hosting. (I did however upgrade to a 100 GB lifetime reseller and am very tempted to get another 25 GB. But admittedly after idling one entire year, my account has only a few MB of usage... of the default files)

Yeah that's what people to do whitelabel, our DNS servers aren't using our domain though, but another domain, most clients just create their own by creating the necessary A Records, some create the Glue Records too.

I added A and AAAA record to point to your dns1 and dns2 IP address, but porkbun won't let me change into my whitelabel dns, it only accept yours, mixing it with yours also unavailable.

Have you created the nameservers' glue records already?

https://kb.porkbun.com/article/112-how-to-host-your-own-nameservers-with-glue-records

• @pullangcubo said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@MikePT said:

@sahjanivishal said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Yes I believe it is possible, you can have nameservers as ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com with reseller account.

@chocolateshirt said:

@smallbibi said:

@chocolateshirt said: Hi mate @MikePT, is it possible to whitelabel the DNS Server?

I believe all you have to do is set A records on your own domain to the nameserver IPs and you can "whitelabel" nameservers on all reseller hosting? There's probably other things you have to point to make everything work, like the panel and email etc. I think you can just look at the records on the panel and copy it properly. I may be wrong because I don't play with reseller hosting. (I did however upgrade to a 100 GB lifetime reseller and am very tempted to get another 25 GB. But admittedly after idling one entire year, my account has only a few MB of usage... of the default files)

Yeah that's what people to do whitelabel, our DNS servers aren't using our domain though, but another domain, most clients just create their own by creating the necessary A Records, some create the Glue Records too.

I added A and AAAA record to point to your dns1 and dns2 IP address, but porkbun won't let me change into my whitelabel dns, it only accept yours, mixing it with yours also unavailable.

Have you created the nameservers' glue records already?

https://kb.porkbun.com/article/112-how-to-host-your-own-nameservers-with-glue-records

Thank you for respond, but I will not use the ns of each domain. I planned to use a whitelabel dns for all my domain.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @chocolateshirt
    (I might be missing something but) Indeed, have you already registered the glue records for the domain you plan to used as whitelabel nameservers?

• @pullangcubo said:
    @chocolateshirt
    (I might be missing something but) Indeed, have you already registered the glue records for the domain you plan to used as whitelabel nameservers?

Thank you, I will check it as it located on different registrar.

Thanked by 2pullangcubo MikePT
  • @Ympker said: Money is coming in from his main business afaik.

what's his main business?

Thanked by 2MikePT jonatha
  • @JasonM said:

@Ympker said: Money is coming in from his main business afaik.

DevOps iirc @MikePT

Thanked by 2MikePT JasonM
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@JasonM said:

@MikePT said: No, that'll be done at a later time

You'll be adding Ryzen in EU location? right?

wde1 will be migrated to Ryzen, all current clients.

@chocolateshirt said:

@MikePT said:

@sahjanivishal said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@smallbibi said:

What if you setup Glue Records?

@Ympker said:

@MikePT said:

@Ympker said:

@MikePT said:

@theuniverses said:
    I ordered one a month ago and the service is rock solid. Just decided to grab a 2nd one in the other location. Awesome stuff @MikePT !

Thank you for the kind words mate!

We just ordered a Ryzen 3900,4x1.92TB NVMe.

News soon.

We still have stock guys.

Some good stuff :D Will we be upgraded? :P

Yeah will be migrated to this server! But no upgrades in terms of disk space haha. It's already pretty darn good!

Nice :D Haha nah, just meant upgraded as in moved to the new Ryzen :D

Ah, of course mate!!! :D

MS said:

@kkrajk said:

Agree. @MikePT did post only non-Lifetime plans for some time, and those were great value plans. But, now we're back to lifetimes. There should never have been Reseller lifetimes.

@kkrajk said:

With the Ryzen move, this will stop :), servers are paid for anyway, but Ryzen will open a new market with differentiated offers, increased CloudLinux limits, IO,etc.

@JasonM said:

@Ympker said:

@JasonM said:

DevOps iirc @MikePT

Yep!

https://myw.pt/whitelabelsupport is our core business :)

Thanked by 3Ympker _MS_ kkrajk
  • @MikePT

Any ETA for when this will happen ?

Can't wait :smile:

thanks for this nice surprise !

Thanked by 1MikePT

@PandoGulf said:

@MikePT

Any ETA for when this will happen ?

Can't wait :smile:

thanks for this nice surprise !

Need to have it provisioned yet 😊

• @MikePT

When set force redirect from non-www to www to the main domain in DirectAdmin panel, all subdomains are all force redirected to www.subdomain.

Is it a bug?

Thanked by 1MikePT

@kairee said:
    @MikePT

When set force redirect from non-www to www to the main domain in DirectAdmin panel, all subdomains are all force redirected to www.subdomain.

Is it a bug?

Open a ticket, we don't really respond here to support issues! 😁

• Hey I just wanted to thank Mike for everything he does. We love you!!

Thanked by 2lovelyserver MikePT

@buzzyLET said:
    Hey I just wanted to thank Mike for everything he does. We love you!!

It's a pleasure to help you mate!

• @MikePT by chance any ideas of what the new plan limits / resources / pricing will be? Tempted to purchase already but having read that I'm really waiting for those juicy details.

Thanked by 2JasonM MikePT
    edited January 2021

@NickPerk said:
    @MikePT by chance any ideas of what the new plan limits / resources / pricing will be? Tempted to purchase already but having read that I'm really waiting for those juicy details.

Won't be lifetimes for sure as we've upgraded the hw (though cost difference is around 30 EUR), but it'll be very decent offers, haven't made up my mind yet, will do in a few days, after I migrate all our clients in wde1 to the new Ryzen NVMe!

Do you have any suggestion for the new plans though?

These will be called Business Hosting! :)

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • tridinebandimtridinebandim Member
    edited January 2021

we host your bussines, you do the job! (maybe "rest")

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @mikept - any reason this isnt in shared hosting offers? Also, why are you allowed to post above the price limits?

• @Unbelievable said:
    @mikept - any reason this isnt in shared hosting offers? Also, why are you allowed to post above the price limits?

He needs one offer that meets the requirements which is the $10 plan

Then again those lifetime plans when calculated to say a 25 year term meets that too! I just picked 25 years bcuz who knows...

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited January 2021

@Unbelievable said:
    @mikept - any reason this isnt in shared hosting offers? Also, why are you allowed to post above the price limits?

Which limits are you referring to? It's more useful to point out which price and then the rule. I'm familiar with $7/mo for VPS and $84/mo for dedicated, but I don't recall seeing rules on lifetime offers (and likely ignored shared rules). If I did see such a rule, I'd argue it was unnecessary and stupid. So now I'll look for it.

Edit: from the rules:

VPS pricing rules apply, with the exception of: max $48 per billing period.

So the key part is "billing period" and not monthly or annually. So I do see rules needing to be adjusted to account for lifetimes, or at least except reseller or something (e.g. max 3-5 x yearly price).

Thanked by 1MikePT

@TimboJones said:

@Unbelievable said:

Which limits are you referring to? It's more useful to point out which price and then the rule. I'm familiar with $7/mo for VPS and $84/mo for dedicated, but I don't recall seeing rules on lifetime offers (and likely ignored shared rules). If I did see such a rule, I'd argue it was unnecessary and stupid. So now I'll look for it.

Edit: from the rules:

VPS pricing rules apply, with the exception of: max $48 per billing period.

So the key part is "billing period" and not monthly or annually. So I do see rules needing to be adjusted to account for lifetimes, or at least except reseller or something (e.g. max 3-5 x yearly price).

Happy to discuss the rules guys. Of course we want to respect those!

• 5GB Plan Please.

• lpnlpn Member

@Panit said:
    5GB Plan Please.

I would be interested in 5 GB too. Or 10.

Thanked by 1Panit
  • 10gb plan would be nice

• @lpn said:

@Panit said:
    5GB Plan Please.

I would be interested in 5 GB too. Or 10.

You can stack your order.

• warihwarih Member
    edited January 2021

For 5 or 10 GB maybe should order a reseller plan

• lovelyserverlovelyserver Member
    edited January 2021

@warih 25 GB reseller plan for 40 USD is a perfect option

Thanked by 1PandoGulf