Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Justhost scammed me for 6€
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Justhost scammed me for 6€

CharlieCCharlieC Member
edited January 2021 in Reviews

Hi,

today I want to tell you about my experience with justhost.

Recently I tried to upload 6 EUR into my Justhost account and after the payment their website invoice system gave me an error.

I waited for the transaction to be confirmed by Bitcoin network, once it was fully confirmed I tried to open live chat and explain them the situation.

They barely replied me and told me to send them an email, I did but they just ignored it.

Later, one of their agent just activated me a 1$ vps for no reason, because probably he didn't understand basic english..

I had also opened a ticket but nothing, they ignored it until they replied with a useless message and marked it as solved.

Proof of what I'm saying:

And by the way the question they asked in this ticket as reply was already asked on live chat, I had replied multiple times already that I can't find the numbers in their bad-translated site. They don't care and just copy paste replies.

BTC transaction
https://blockchair.com/bitcoin/transaction/86ad5fdb9bfcd9bb8a56825ca94b47171f710edce88c96be59e3d9a05d4cc91d

@antonpa

Not sure if someone else experienced the same thing, but I lost 6€..

Edit: I'm starting to think that the agent who activated 1$ vps on my account has deleted the 6€ add-funds invoice for no reason as well.

Thanked by 1JasonM

Comments

• I usually add a google translated version of the issue when I deal with non-English speaking hosts.

I reverse translate it back to English to ensure the translation is decent enough or I try and use a different way to frame it and repeat the process till the reverse translated version is understandable.

It's a bit of an extra effort, but goes a long way and the person viewing your ticket will be thankful :smile:

• @deank what to do?💉 + 💊?

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited January 2021

Sue the host and get it over with.

No need to post it here. We don't care.

Thanked by 1default
  • @CharlieC send them this message:

Добрый вечер!

Приноши свои извинения, но я оплатил счёт, который возможно был удален.

Могли бы Вы проверить и добавить средства оплаченные мною через btc?

Спасибо!

Thanked by 2Daniel15 William
  • @alexvolk said:
    @CharlieC send them this message:

> Добрый вечер!
    > 
    > Приноши свои извинения, но я оплатил счёт, который возможно был удален.
    > 
    > Могли бы Вы проверить и добавить средства оплаченные мною через btc?
    > 
    > Спасибо!
    > 

I will try thanks

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@alexvolk said:
    @CharlieC send them this message:

> Добрый вечер!
    > 
    > Приноши свои извинения, но я оплатил счёт, который возможно был удален.
    > 
    > Могли бы Вы проверить и добавить средства оплаченные мною через btc?
    > 
    > Спасибо!
    > 

нет

• Нет, сука! 😂

• Scam is a strong word.
    I'm sure @antonpa would've sorted this out for you if you've just messaged him instead of creating this thread.

Thanked by 1pluush
  • Бивис, он сказал "Приноши" :D

• @raynor said:
    Бивис, он сказал "Приноши" :D

Wow! Mistyped, it should be "Приноси" or "Приношу" 🤣

• тнє єη∂ ιѕ ηιgн

• @imok said:
    тнє єη∂ ιѕ ηιgн

The end is cyrillic.

• If you can't even read invoice numbers from their panel, why the fuck are you still a customer? They don't want useless customers, either.

Your original ticket lacks details and then when specifically responded asking for clarification from multiple unpaid invoices, you can't. I'm sure the support agent is cursing you for being unnecessarily difficult.

Chats are not going to have a record tied to your account, so assuming they need to be knowledgeable of some chat that isn't even referenced in the ticket is beyond idiotic.

Given that you didn't include your detailed email message here they specifically asked you to send to clarify your issue, I can only conclude you're more than 50% of the problem.

Thanked by 1scorcher9
  • There is a In Soviet Russia joke somewhere in there

• marvelmarvel Member
    edited January 2021

I bet they flew off to the Bahamas with your €6.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • Children, be very careful. From this lesson we all learn that €6 can sometimes cause PMS.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@default said:
    Children, be very careful. From this lesson we all learn that €6 can sometimes cause PMS.

It’s LET, even free services can cause PMS 😂

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@CharlieC

Uhm, they clearly asked you which of multiple unpaid invoices, it seems, you asserted to have paid. No evil there, just a normal and relevant question.

Also note that 2 or more exclamation marks usually do not express urgency or importance but rather that the person doing that is an idiot or acutely egocentric or both (No insult intended).

(I'm absolutely not a fand of justhost and was very disappointed with their VPS but for the sake of fairness I can and want to confirm that they do have english-speaking and professional support staff and that they did not in any way try to scam me)