Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ ๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‰ NEW YEARS 2021 - DEALS MEGATHREAD ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽŠ - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‰ NEW YEARS 2021 - DEALS MEGATHREAD ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽŠ

Comments

• really i am not so happy now ... i do this kind of crazy offers for the LET spirit , for the date spirit ... but seen this... i am not so content right now ... Any way i will deliver it but need some future plans about such offers ...

• Haha, it's like an arms race. BF2021 will be 100% bots! :) But at least it is encouraging people to learn to code?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited December 2020

@FAT32 said: Honestly that might not affect anything, I know some people in certain community hold 1 account per service... and given that cociu is very lenient about account stuff...

If this is the chinese community, then yeah, they apparently sell accounts with their emails.

Admittedly, I managed to snag 2 of those legendary deals when there was a stock of 10 during christmas. I don't mind if there's a special deal policy, but it would be nice if I am allowed to try to buy just for fun :smile:

@cociu Can I recommend you only give him the 6 month service and not 3 years? Since he is not talking about his win here or complaining about billing period, clearly he used a bot

• Anyway it's great offer to start 2021. Happy New Year!

@cociu said:
    really i am not so happy now ... i do this kind of crazy offers for the LET spirit , for the date spirit ... but seen this... i am not so content right now ... Any way i will deliver it but need some future plans about such offers ...

• Probably better to run a lottery. Use something like the florida lottery numbers (https://flalottery.com/winningNumbers) . Have people pick six numbers. Whoever gets the most right- wins. In event of tie, person with total closest to the total of all 6 numbers wins. That way - everyone enters and has equal chance. If everyone is so concerned about equal chances.

• @cociu said:
    really i am not so happy now ... i do this kind of crazy offers for the LET spirit , for the date spirit ... but seen this... i am not so content right now ... Any way i will deliver it but need some future plans about such offers ...

Maybe raffle it next time? Users that want the service need to write a comment / fill a form and then some gets taken. If the choosen user doesn't want it anymore the next user gets choosen.

• Now indeed I feel better for not getting those crazy deals, maybe it's not because I'm too slow...

Thanked by 1malwa3e
  • derekyangderekyang Member
    edited December 2020

Good News! Thanks

@anyNode said: Yep! DirectAdmin licenses are included in this promo, just ticket after ordering to request a license.

Thanked by 1anyNode
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@randomq said:
    Haha, it's like an arms race. BF2021 will be 100% bots! :) But at least it is encouraging people to learn to code?

Well technically I know how to build bots, it won't even take me long, but I just feel like playing fair... If this is what we are competing for, then maybe can count me out, thanks to people who ruin the fun :)

Oh btw I know a few that mentioned publicly they have bots to automate the ordering. I just want to say thanks for ruining the fun.

• Cociu's Crazy Deal just for bot only... hope we can successfully purchased the crazy deal by "manually" in this year :D

• @smallbibi said: If this is the chinese community, then yeah, they apparently sell accounts with their emails.

do you know what i do with this account in case i descuber ? block them , i never accept service transfer (verry exceptional case) and never accepted to change the email to the account (also verry exceptional case) so who is buy have many risck .

• OVH Singapore please!

@cociu said:
    never accepted to change the email to the account

Do you know they sell the email account as well? In rare case they even sell the whole domain.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@FAT32 said: Oh btw I know a few that mentioned publicly they have bots to automate the ordering. I just want to say thanks for ruining the fun.

Selfish bunch right there.

• @cociu said:

@smallbibi said: If this is the chinese community, then yeah, they apparently sell accounts with their emails.

do you know what i do with this account in case i descuber ? block them , i never accept service transfer (verry exceptional case) and never accepted to change the email to the account (also verry exceptional case) so who is buy have many risck .

What I mean is they sell the account + email. So no need to change email. I have seen it happen but I don't know if it is common, I don't really visit the chinese forum

• Dedis/ VDS for Game servers Please

• I'm still pissed that the guy who won it hasn't replied here.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • Get the order manually has much more fun than get it by bot.

@FAT32 said: ruining the fun

• @smallbibi said: What I mean is they sell the account + email. So no need to change email. I have seen it happen but I don't know if it is common, I don't really visit the chinese forum

>

yes i have understand what you mean . but who is buy such account must to be idiot ... in case i know the account was recently buyed even with the email definetly this account will freeze. For exemple we note in the tikets to be another peson ... so we have ask for details and we have got some of them and the account is blocked and no money back . MOre what guarantee you have if the initial customer was pay with paypal and is face chargabck ? i will block the account ... so same situation.

• Hey @cociu
    Is it possible to add extra storage to the nvme line VPS? And what is the CPU usage AUP?

• Is it possible to add extra storage to the nvme line VPS? And what is the CPU usage AUP?

maybe ... we will see in the future.

• ook .,.. preparing another good deal guys !

Thanked by 2sepei xpanda
  • F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

• @FAT32 said:

@randomq said:
    Haha, it's like an arms race. BF2021 will be 100% bots! :) But at least it is encouraging people to learn to code?

Well technically I know how to build bots, it won't even take me long, but I just feel like playing fair... If this is what we are competing for, then maybe can count me out, thanks to people who ruin the fun :)

Oh btw I know a few that mentioned publicly they have bots to automate the ordering. I just want to say thanks for ruining the fun.

I think the order flow should be like @CloudCone, deposit 1st to continue add to cart -> and then provision vps/dedi.

Anyway guys, let's not focus on the negative part, it is 2021 and we should focus on the positive parts!

Karma will happen, maybe they saved โ‚ฌ400/m on the dedicated server, but they loss the opportunity to earn / loss that same amount of money in one way or the another in other places in life without realising.

@providers - Here are some solutions to reduce the possibilities of bots

• Post a comment that ask LET member to do something (eg. Post a GIF of New Year), first N win the deal
    • Lottery based, N lucky winner can win the deal
  • @FAT32 said:
    Anyway guys, let's not focus on the negative part, it is 2021 and we should focus on the positive parts!

Karma will happen, maybe they saved โ‚ฌ400/m on the dedicated server, but they loss the opportunity to earn / loss that same amount of money in one way or the another in other places in life without realising.

@providers - Here are some solutions to reduce the possibilities of bots

• Post a comment that ask LET member to do something (eg. Post a GIF of New Year), first N win the deal
    • Lottery based, N lucky winner can win the deal

This is the way to do it and thank you for your service ;)

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • After BF, Christmas and now New Year deals, i feel so tired right now, Perhaps it's good time to rest and watch the flash deal shows :)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

So remember people, we have bots and we have people guessing pids :)

Thanked by 1sepei
  • @smallbibi said:

@cociu said:

@smallbibi said: If this is the chinese community, then yeah, they apparently sell accounts with their emails.

What I mean is they sell the account + email. So no need to change email. I have seen it happen but I don't know if it is common, I don't really visit the chinese forum

You're right

• No more domain name ;)

@FAT32 said: Post a comment that ask LET member to do something (eg. Post a GIF of New Year), first N win the deal

Thanked by 1FAT32