Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best certification pathway
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best certification pathway

I have zero interest in leaving my current employer but I thought of getting myself certified just to learn something in a structured manner and then to have something to show for it.

I deal only with Linux servers. Which would be the best for me?

1) RHCSA and the RHCE
2) Linux Foundation Institute certificates upton Linux Engineer
3) Comptia Server+, Linux+ and Cloud+ (I like this)

Many thanks :)

Thanked by 1dominame

Comments

• @gwnd1989 I would suggest starting with the Cloud+ if you're looking into a certification that Consumer/Commercial sector employers are concerned about.
    Since most of the commercial sector employers are moving to bigger public clouds (either in a small or a large way), this would definitely boost up your resume when they are looking through their stacks of resumes on hand to fill up a position.

Comptia Server+ and Linux+ are in the lines of the Government sector where they do own their own data centers, a fleet of mobile devices, and workstations, which are mostly running a flavor of Linux. Those employers would be more interested in seeing such certification as part of your resume while they are shortlisting candidates for interviews.

Moving away from the employer's perspective, (2) and (3) Cloud+ would definitely be something that will pave the way for a stronger foundation as well.

Just my 2 cents being in this industry.

• Thanks for posting this, @gwnd1989 and for your very helpful reply, @vairav. I'm too old to be thinking about getting new certs but it makes an excellent pointer for me as a potential employer fairly soon.

Thanked by 1gwnd1989
  • Thank you.

• I'm glad that my answer helped @dominame and @gwnd1989

Thanked by 2gwnd1989 dominame