Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM Slabs arrive in Luxembourg! Ryzen! Free Snapshots! Free routed /48, & IP load balancing oh my! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM Slabs arrive in Luxembourg! Ryzen! Free Snapshots! Free routed /48, & IP load balancing oh my!

Comments

• @l2o88j said:

@ravenchad said:
    anyone already got it? can post yabs. thanks :)

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    # Yet-Another-Bench-Script #
    # v2020-12-29 #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Thu 31 Dec 2020 12:29:14 AM EST

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor : AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    CPU cores : 1 @ 3792.870 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM : 981.2 MiB
    Swap : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk : 270.6 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k (IOPS) | 64k (IOPS)
    ------ | --- ---- | ---- ----
    Read | 27.45 MB/s (6.8k) | 83.14 MB/s (1.2k)
    Write | 27.48 MB/s (6.8k) | 83.58 MB/s (1.3k)
    Total | 54.94 MB/s (13.7k) | 166.73 MB/s (2.6k)
    | |
    Block Size | 512k (IOPS) | 1m (IOPS)
    ------ | --- ---- | ---- ----
    Read | 266.10 MB/s (519) | 273.01 MB/s (266)
    Write | 280.24 MB/s (547) | 291.19 MB/s (284)
    Total | 546.34 MB/s (1.0k) | 564.20 MB/s (550)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 1.12 Gbits/sec | 624 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 1.12 Gbits/sec | 868 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | 1.11 Gbits/sec | 623 Mbits/sec
    Biznet | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G) | 547 Mbits/sec | 238 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 725 Mbits/sec | 263 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 1.02 Gbits/sec | 220 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 628 Mbits/sec | 272 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom | Sao Paulo, BR (2G) | busy | busy

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 733
    Multi Core | 687
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/5621595

thanks, I believed this one has the slab 250GB?

• @ravenchad said:

yeah

• Man LV sold out real quick

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@veren said:
    Man LV sold out real quick

Check back next year

(BuyVM restocks on 1st & 7th of the month)

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@veren said:
    Man LV sold out real quick

I put up another node a couple hours ago so Karen will have some stock in a few hours :)

Francisco

• @l2o88j said:

@ravenchad said:

yeah

From the I-O bench, I reckon this was also run against the Slab and not the NVMe?

• @sgheghele said:

@l2o88j said:

@ravenchad said:

yeah

From the I-O bench, I reckon this was also run against the Slab and not the NVMe?

Definitely

• Hey @Francisco
    when i trying to buy there is an error occured saying you have banned from buying.opened a ticket but ticket was closed from your end.please check

when i trying to buy there is an error occured saying you have banned from buying.opened a ticket but ticket was closed from your end.please check

Got a ticket ID?

@sgheghele said: From the I-O bench, I reckon this was also run against the Slab and not the NVMe?

Seems a bit off, should hit 1GB/sec or so. See if direct-io is nicer?

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

Got a ticket ID?

Yeah #880637

• Please accept my order...
    Always get fraud check.

Invoice #421967

@Lutung said:
    Please accept my order...
    Always get fraud check.

Invoice #421967

Please open a ticket with billing and Karen will check it out :)

Francisco

• @Francisco you absolute legend I have been waiting for lux slabs.

• @Francisco said:

@Lutung said:
    Please accept my order...
    Always get fraud check.

Invoice #421967

Please open a ticket with billing and Karen will check it out :)

Francisco

Tiket #285525

• Sweet! I no longer have to micromanage the measly 10GB I have :D

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • JonesJones Member
    edited December 2020

I've fixed the problem

@lurch said:
    @Francisco you absolute legend I have been waiting for lux slabs.

Yeah we've been blueballig people for the past couple years about slabs in LU. At one point they weren't even going to happen.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Yeah we've been blueballig people for the past couple years about slabs in LU.

Made me lol. What a way to say it :D

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Sanjue007Sanjue007 Member
    edited December 2020

@Francisco hoping to enjoy with a slab and a slice. Please check my ticket

• I have been using your server, and the performance and network have performed well. .

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Hopefully you will soon have some stock in LU. Had a slice there a few months back. Thought, i'll buy it again in a few months when i'm in need. But oh well, looks like everything is out of stock at the moment. Great product though.

• fixed Deutsche Telekom peering issues ?

@taylorgates said:
    fixed Deutsche Telekom peering issues ?

We will see how GTT is to them, I have no idea.

Hopefully better than Cogent :)

Francisco

• Hey @Francisco I got a mail that if services aren't paid by 5th you will completely delete the data? What if we get covid and stay in the hospital for 10 days? What if my internet is down? I feel this policy has not been thought out.

We wanted to first and foremost thank you for your patronage. We would not be where we are today without your support.

We want to take this time to advise you of a few changes concerning your recurring invoices that will take effect in July 2021.

All invoices are due on the 1st of the month with suspensions now being processed on the 4th of the month if left unpaid. Terminations will take effect on the 6th of the month if payment is not made.

Be aware that if your services are suspended and you pay any unpaid invoices, no data loss will occur and services will be reactivated as soon as payment is made and acknowledged.

If your services are terminated, there is no chance of reactivation as services would be terminated and all data will be automatically wiped.

We hope that this notice helps you in managing your services and to avoid any detrimental processes.

Respectfully;

Frantech Solutions
    Monday, 5th April 2021

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

Pay the invoice early? Pretty sure any invoices are issued earlier than the 1st of the month.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited April 2021

@partymonger said: Hey @Francisco I got a mail that if services aren't paid by 5th you will completely delete the data? What if we get covid and stay in the hospital for 10 days? What if my internet is down? I feel this policy has not been thought out.

That's why on critical services, you either enable automatic payment or prepay for longer periods and renew early enough. Fran's grace period is more than most of providers have: most of them will suspend the service immediately after the due time and some of them totally erase it a couple of days after.
    While it is not very graceful period of waiting for payment, it is not the shorter one.

• @partymonger said:
    Hey @Francisco I got a mail that if services aren't paid by 5th you will completely delete the data? What if we get covid and stay in the hospital for 10 days? What if my internet is down? I feel this policy has not been thought out.

We wanted to first and foremost thank you for your patronage. We would not be where we are today without your support.

We want to take this time to advise you of a few changes concerning your recurring invoices that will take effect in July 2021.

All invoices are due on the 1st of the month with suspensions now being processed on the 4th of the month if left unpaid. Terminations will take effect on the 6th of the month if payment is not made.

Be aware that if your services are suspended and you pay any unpaid invoices, no data loss will occur and services will be reactivated as soon as payment is made and acknowledged.

If your services are terminated, there is no chance of reactivation as services would be terminated and all data will be automatically wiped.

We hope that this notice helps you in managing your services and to avoid any detrimental processes.

Respectfully;

Frantech Solutions
    Monday, 5th April 2021

pay in advance
    pay a year
    PayPal subscribe
    stay home

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited April 2021

give password to your couple so he/she can pay and see your history browser xD

• partymongerpartymonger Member
    edited April 2021

@jvnadr said:

@partymonger said: Hey @Francisco I got a mail that if services aren't paid by 5th you will completely delete the data? What if we get covid and stay in the hospital for 10 days? What if my internet is down? I feel this policy has not been thought out.

That's why on critical services, you either enable automatic payment or prepay for longer periods and renew early enough. Fran's grace period is more than most of providers have: most of them will suspend the service immediately after the due time and some of them totally erase it a couple of days after.
    While it is not very graceful period of waiting for payment, it is not the shorter one.

I have no problem with suspension of service. Suspend if its 1 second too late. Its deletion of data that I have a problem with. Take a deposit for keeping data for 1 yr if you need to. But how does just deleting data make any sense? Theres a 100 reasons why someone would be unable to pay. Especially here in India where govt makes arbitrary rules over night. Do I have to shift countries to use a BuyVM vps without risk now?

• partymongerpartymonger Member
    edited April 2021

@jvnadr said:
    Fran's grace period is more than most of providers have: most of them will suspend the service immediately after the due time and some of them totally erase it a couple of days after.

I'm sure there will be plenty of scammers that will make even crappy providers look good. That doesn't mean their crappy policies are justified. Plenty of other providers at same price are far more flexible and understanding. I don't see why you'd want to compete with bottom tier providers and their crappy policies.

Also don't see why consumers would justify such a thing?