Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Cloud Outage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Cloud Outage

varunchopravarunchopra Member
edited December 2020 in Outages

All of my nodes on Hetzner are inaccessible right now (8 nodes), and the control panel isn't loading either.

They've updated the status to fixed but it isn't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyone else affected by this? My app is built to failover if it fails, not if my cloud provider fails. This sucks.

On https://console.hetzner.cloud/

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Apache Server at accounts.hetzner.com Port 443

https://www.hetzner-status.com/

Comments

• 8 servers in a single availability zone for production?

• Not seeing any issues with the few I have here. Are you on local SSD storage or CEPH?

• The panel work now.
    I have a CPX11 on Nuremberg.
    I didn't have any downtime.

• I have one cloud server with them in HEL: no downtime. Do you have all your machines in one location/DC?

• man's put his failover in the same location at the same host 💀💀 im literally deceased

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@tetech said:
    8 servers in a single availability zone for production?

On the same node if the status page is to be believed:

Due to a current error, the cloud node (13610) and the cloud servers on it are not accessible.

• @smizz said:
    I have one cloud server with them in HEL: no downtime. Do you have all your machines in one location/DC?

Yes, nbg.

@SirFoxy said:
    man's put his failover in the same location at the same host 💀💀 im literally deceased

I don't think you understand what "literally" means.

That said, this is a hobby project, not an enterprise app.

@Harambe said:

@tetech said:

Due to a current error, the cloud node (13610) and the cloud servers on it are not accessible.

Not sure what node they're on but they've been off for hours now. The status page doesn't seem to represent these outages accurately.

The control panel is up now so I can mitigate this. Unfortunately, the cost of failover to another cloud provider is just too high for this and it's tough to say if this won't happen again in all the regions.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited December 2020

@varunchopra said:

@smizz said:
    I have one cloud server with them in HEL: no downtime. Do you have all your machines in one location/DC?

Yes, nbg.

@SirFoxy said:
    man's put his failover in the same location at the same host 💀💀 im literally deceased

I don't think you understand what "literally" means.

That said, this is a hobby project, not an enterprise app.

@Harambe said:

@tetech said:

Not sure what node they're on but they've been off for hours now. The status page doesn't seem to represent these outages accurately.

The control panel is up now so I can mitigate this. Unfortunately, the cost of failover to another cloud provider is just too high for this and it's tough to say if this won't happen again in all the regions.

hello this is the ghost of sirfoxy it is an emergency my failover that is on the same server is not failing over hetzner owes me 9 million shekels immediately