Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Some Suggestions for Business and also Hetzner
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Some Suggestions for Business and also Hetzner

Hello Buddies ,
Actually I have an Hetzner Dedicated Server ( Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-1650 v2 64GB RAM and 4TB Enterprise HDD ) With cPanel , CloudLinux , LiteSpeed.
But as my business expanding so cPanels are also increasing , currently I have 1500+ cPanels on my server and almost 1tb used.
Average load of my dedicated server is 7-8-9 and some times 10-12 and there are only 6cores and 8 threads on my dedicated server.
So server is working little bit slow and when backup is running then load goes almost 12-15 and when cron runs ( many clients added crons like every 5 minute mostly are whmcs cron ) then load goes 12-15-20
I think in some days I have to upgrade server the issue is I done a mistake that I sold hosting in very cheap price in starting and as a result there are too much websites hosted on my server and now I am not getting enough profit to upgrade server and also cPanel Price is continuously increasing.

I am thinking to divide my server, means I am thinking to buy some VPS From Hetzner and migrate some cPanels to that vps and some cPanels to another vps and then I will divide all 1500+ cPanels into various VPS.

is it a good idea? if anyone has some different ideas please tell me.

Comments

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited December 2020

a single 4TB HDD with 1500 cPanel clients?

What the actual fuck.. Please tell me your hosting company name so I can avoid it.

Upgrade to SSDs and setup a RAID for starters.. You are limited by disk IO and thats why its slow.

Thanked by 1Chocoweb
  • NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

If you migrate to multiple vps, you will need many cpanel licenses and the cost would be greater. I would suggest to migrate to a more powerful server such as the new brand AMDs with NVMes disks. Also you can increase the prices a bit even if you lose some clients.

• Migrating to multiple VPS would be more expensive, server upgrade is definitely due and go to SSDs at least. Increase prices in line with cPanels increases as well to keep your licensing costs covered.

Where Hetzners concerned especially you should be able to get newer hardware on a similar budget to what you currently spend.

• Hi Piyush, assuming most of them are static websites and gets very less traffic,

best thing is you go to AX41 or AX41 line with directadmin

or use buyvm with block storage and i am sure they can do the migration/transfer to DA for you.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

@piyushmaheswari20 said:
    Actually I have an Hetzner Dedicated Server ( Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-1650 v2 64GB RAM and 4TB Enterprise HDD )

When did you purchase your server?

• @NetDynamics24 said:

@piyushmaheswari20 said:
    Actually I have an Hetzner Dedicated Server ( Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-1650 v2 64GB RAM and 4TB Enterprise HDD )

When did you purchase your server?

1 October
    Before 1 October I was running on another 4core 8threads 4tb HDD dedicated server