Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Fortaleza, Brazil VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Fortaleza, Brazil VPS

As Fortaleza in Brazil is soon getting a fibre optic cable running from Portugal I am interested in a VPS there. I found some options googling, but the pricepoint is on another magnitude compared to EU/US. If anyone knows any good options for basic 0,5GB-1GB VPS with small storage, recommendations would be appreciated. Maximum pricepoint is around 15$/month. Good connectivity between US and rest of SA would be cool, but I guess you cannot expect too much. EllaLink connectivity in 2021 would be superb, and would allow for extra budget of course.

Is anyone else surprised there isn't already a AWS/Azure/Google (Hetzner?) datacenter in Fortaleza? 2021 would have cables running between 4 continents..

Comments

  • https://www.locaweb.com.br is perhaps the cheapest in Brazil I guess? But you would need to be able to read/write Portuguese and have RG/CPF before they can accept you as a customer?

    Looking for cure for my desire in collecting idling boxes in exotic locations.

    Don't know what SWAT4 is? check https://swat4-hosting.party out :)

  • @swat4 said:
    https://www.locaweb.com.br is perhaps the cheapest in Brazil I guess? But you would need to be able to read/write Portuguese and have RG/CPF before they can accept you as a customer?

    I came across them, but I cannot seem to find any verification that you can actually get the pricing they advertise on their website in Fortaleza. Do you know of any sources that state otherwise? Thanks!

  • @rkan said:

    I came across them, but I cannot seem to find any verification that you can actually get the pricing they advertise on their website in Fortaleza. Do you know of any sources that state otherwise? Thanks!

    https://www.locaweb.com.br/contratar-vps-locaweb/?plan=2&platform=linux&memory=1&vcpus=2&disk=4&transf=2&direct=1&period=1

    29.9 Brazilian currency for 2CPU , 1GB ram - (under 6 USD / month). Not bad I guess?

    I have not used them as I couldn't find a solution regarding the RG/CPF requirement - otherwise I would have added it to my collection box

    On a side note, would you insist on hosting in Brazil? Or somewhere that is not so near but still has good connection speed?

    Looking for cure for my desire in collecting idling boxes in exotic locations.

    Don't know what SWAT4 is? check https://swat4-hosting.party out :)

  • @swat4 said:

    @rkan said:

    I came across them, but I cannot seem to find any verification that you can actually get the pricing they advertise on their website in Fortaleza. Do you know of any sources that state otherwise? Thanks!

    https://www.locaweb.com.br/contratar-vps-locaweb/?plan=2&platform=linux&memory=1&vcpus=2&disk=4&transf=2&direct=1&period=1

    29.9 Brazilian currency for 2CPU , 1GB ram - (under 6 USD / month). Not bad I guess?

    I have not used them as I couldn't find a solution regarding the RG/CPF requirement - otherwise I would have added it to my collection box

    On a side note, would you insist on hosting in Brazil? Or somewhere that is not so near but still has good connection speed?

    As I explained in my OP, I am interested in the good connectivity Fortaleza will soon have between 4 continents... Also I found their pricing alright, but again, I don't see any mention of Fortaleza as a location. I found some mentions of them having a DC in Sao Paolo, from where you can get AWS/Azure/GCP anyway. RG/CPF requirement doesn't look like a major issue.

  • Not easy to find one, but I think I just did: https://www.speedcloud.com.br/contato

    Our servers are located in Fortaleza-CE, in our colocation. Click here to learn more

    Still, need the RG/CPF, but with this pricing I might just get one. Basically you just need a Brazilian consulate to help :smile:

  • truwebtruweb Member
    edited December 2020

    Hello, I am from Brazil.
    I'm going to look for you a DC in Fortaleza.
    DC in Sao Paulo are more popular.
    I work in a DC, but I'm not eligible to make offers (yet).
    I do not recommend Locaweb, unstable service.

    I recommend RamNode ~ BuyShared
    I DON'T RECOMMEND VPS Slim

  • @rkan said:
    Not easy to find one, but I think I just did: https://www.speedcloud.com.br/contato

    Our servers are located in Fortaleza-CE, in our colocation. Click here to learn more

    Still, need the RG/CPF, but with this pricing I might just get one. Basically you just need a Brazilian consulate to help :smile:

    :) Good to know you have found a vps that you like. Any review or benchmark?

    Looking for cure for my desire in collecting idling boxes in exotic locations.

    Don't know what SWAT4 is? check https://swat4-hosting.party out :)

  • @truweb said:
    Hello, I am from Brazil.
    I'm going to look for you a DC in Fortaleza.
    DC in Sao Paulo are more popular.
    I work in a DC, but I'm not eligible to make offers (yet).
    I do not recommend Locaweb, unstable service.

    :# Let's get a provider tag

    Looking for cure for my desire in collecting idling boxes in exotic locations.

    Don't know what SWAT4 is? check https://swat4-hosting.party out :)

Sign In or Register to comment.