Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gullo's Hosting & LittleVZ | Christmas 2020! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gullo's Hosting & LittleVZ | Christmas 2020!

Comments

• oldkingoldking Member
    edited December 2020

@Cam said:

@oldking said:

@Cam said:

@lynxfox said:

@Doragon said:

@Cam said:
    LittleVZ 256MB Ram, 5GB Disk, 250GB Bandwith - UK, VA, or SGP $6/year
    5 Available

Snagged one. Thank you so much!

I missed the deal.nat for sgp?

I don’t have nat in Singapore

is there any 1gb lvz deal, have been waiting for a long time

Probably not.

Sadly, I have bought two 512mb, but can't handle my work, just a little more ram would be nice, wish there could be some 1gb presents

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@oldking said:
    Sadly, I have bought two 512mb, but can't handle my work, just a little more ram would be nice, wish there could be some 1gb presents

You need to optimize the program. That's the challenge of low end VPS.

I bought two 128MB. I tried to deploy 3 services (separately), and managed to get two working.
    npm doesn't work. I have to run npm elsewhere and rsync the node_modules folder. The program (LevelDB) could start, but it's very slow and unusable.
    pipenv doesn't work. I have to redo the scripts to use venv. After that, the program (QUIC to UDP gateway) works, but it's using 25~35% CPU when active and I don't know if I would get a warning.
    Go compiler doesn't work. I have to compile the program in GitHub Actions. The binary (network probe) works great.

I think a bit of swap should make these tiny boxes more usable, especially during installation. If there's swap, pipenv and Go compiler would both work unchanged.

• oldkingoldking Member
    edited December 2020

@yoursunny said:

@oldking said:

I bought two 128MB. I tried to deploy 3 services (separately), and managed to get two working.
    npm doesn't work. I have to run npm elsewhere and rsync the node_modules folder. The program (LevelDB) could start, but it's very slow and unusable.
    pipenv doesn't work. I have to redo the scripts to use venv. After that, the program (QUIC to UDP gateway) works, but it's using 25~35% CPU when active and I don't know if I would get a warning.
    Go compiler doesn't work. I have to compile the program in GitHub Actions. The binary (network probe) works great.

I think a bit of swap should make these tiny boxes more usable, especially during installation. If there's swap, pipenv and Go compiler would both work unchanged.

Actually, just a little bit more ram would be great and stable, 512mb with no swap is enough for many services, unfortunately, not for me. The CPU is not the most important thing which I care about. The tricky thing is that I would rather have a larger ram server than optimize the program, optimizing the program would be a huge undertaking, lol

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@oldking said:

@yoursunny said:

@oldking said:

The tricky thing is that I would rather have a larger ram server than optimize the program, optimizing the program would be a huge undertaking, lol

If you know the program inside out, you can optimize / rewrite it in a few weeks.
    Throwing hardware at an inefficient program is not good.

• @yoursunny said:

@oldking said:

@yoursunny said:

@oldking said:

The tricky thing is that I would rather have a larger ram server than optimize the program, optimizing the program would be a huge undertaking, lol

If you know the program inside out, you can optimize / rewrite it in a few weeks.

It's a choice between time and money, finally, time is money

• @yoursunny said:
    npm doesn't work. I have to run npm elsewhere and rsync the node_modules folder

you could have lifecycle script (in package.json) to bundle everything (your code with all node_modules js files) during build process on dev machine and deploy only this single file to 128MB VPS

this way you don't need to use npm on VPS at all

for bundling you could use (webpack, parcel, rollup etc.)

during this building/bundling you can even minimize this output file (compress by removing blank chars, replace vars with shorter names etc.) or even do tree shaking (bundle only used code from libraries instead their whole files)

you could even add shebang line to this output js file and have single .sh executable file with your app

this way, 128MB is plenty for modern node.js :D

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @oldking said:

@yoursunny said:

@oldking said:

@yoursunny said:

@oldking said:

It's a choice between time and money, finally, time is money

Interesting dichotomy

Correlating time and money, and present the choice in LE forum.
    I

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • @Andrews said:

@yoursunny said:
    npm doesn't work. I have to run npm elsewhere and rsync the node_modules folder

you could have lifecycle script (in package.json) to bundle everything (your code with all node_modules js files) during build process on dev machine and deploy only this single file to 128MB VPS

this way you don't need to use npm on VPS at all

for bundling you could use (webpack, parcel, rollup etc.)

during this building/bundling you can even minimize this output file (compress by removing blank chars, replace vars with shorter names etc.) or even do tree shaking (bundle only used code from libraries instead their whole files)

you could even add shebang line to this output js file and have single .sh executable file with your app

this way, 128MB is plenty for modern node.js :D

Yes using something like gitlab ci/cd or github actions, we can run npm install or composer install and just deploy all finished files

• GanonkGanonk Member
    edited December 2020

@Cam said:

Probably not.

how about flashdeal of LVZ 512 ?

• @Ganonk said:

No need flash deal actually :p just read through the first post again and realized there was an offer with an independent IPv4. Didn't expect it was something that would be available. Grabbed one immediately - Singapore.

Well... I have too many kvm boxes already and honestly... NAT or OpenVZ are definitely not I really need... but what I respect and like about this provider is that he really lives up to LowEnd spirit - Offering something like $1 / $2 / $3 / $5 / $8 per year. And uptime is so far very nice.

BF is the first time I saw his offer - and now it is my second time. And whenever people call for a promo code, he always responds to them positively.

The yearly cost is like a cup of coffee but it might mean a lot to the provider. I trust we all want him to continue offering so let's show some support :)

@Cam

I hope you don't mind if I ask a question - this box has an independent IPv4 but why GB5 was not allowing me to get the score?

Capture

Thanked by 3FAT32 Cam azeem
  • CamCam Member, Patron Provider

@swat4 said:

@Ganonk said:

No need flash deal actually :p just read through the first post again and realized there was an offer with an independent IPv4. Didn't expect it was something that would be available. Grabbed one immediately - Singapore.

Well... I have too many kvm boxes already and honestly... NAT or OpenVZ are definitely not I really need... but what I respect and like about this provider is that he really lives up to LowEnd spirit - Offering something like $1 / $2 / $3 / $5 / $8 per year. And uptime is so far very nice.

BF is the first time I saw his offer - and now it is my second time. And whenever people call for a promo code, he always responds to them positively.

The yearly cost is like a cup of coffee but it might mean a lot to the provider. I trust we all want him to continue offering so let's show some support :)

@Cam

I hope you don't mind if I ask a question - this box has an independent IPv4 but why GB5 was not allowing me to get the score?

Capture

Thanks for the kind and inspirational message!

As for GB, I'm not too sure actually. Maybe the script is prioritizing IPv6 in some way?

@Ganonk said:

@Cam said:

Probably not.

LVZ 512MB Any location! - $7/year
    10 Available

https://hosting.gullo.me/order/config/index/little-vz/?group_id=32&pricing_id=323&coupon=ZBF20-512MB-7D-LVZ

PS!

All promo's end tonight! Midnight EST.

• dTQzBen8dTQzBen8 Member
    edited December 2020

@Cam said:

@Ganonk said:

@Cam said:

Probably not.

10 Available

https://hosting.gullo.me/order/config/index/little-vz/?group_id=32&pricing_id=323&coupon=ZBF20-512MB-7D-LVZ

PS!

So this one looks OOS now(can't select location and other things) but I can still click in and add it to cart. Does it still valid?

EDIT: OK it's back again

@dTQzBen8 said:

@Cam said:

@Ganonk said:

@Cam said:

Probably not.

10 Available

PS!

So this one looks OOS now(can't select location and other things) but I can still click in and add it to cart. Does it still valid?

Ooops, Forgot to update the product stock. Try now.

Thanked by 2dTQzBen8 benj0x
  • @Cam said:

@dTQzBen8 said:

@Cam said:

@Ganonk said:

@Cam said:

Probably not.

10 Available

PS!

Ooops, Forgot to update the product stock. Try now.

Thanks! Got one. Any chance encoring NAT-512MB-6D?

• Is it sold out?

• It's over before it starts :D

@waynechris said:
    Is it sold out?

@jardanlau said:
    It's over before it starts :D

Just added 20 more :)

• @Cam said:

@waynechris said:
    Is it sold out?

@jardanlau said:

l love you,
    Is it 500G traffic?

@waynechris said:

@Cam said:

@waynechris said:
    Is it sold out?

@jardanlau said:

l love you,
    Is it 500G traffic?

Yep :)

• Is it possible to get an rDNS record on the assigned dedicated IPv4s?

@benj0x said:
    Is it possible to get an rDNS record on the assigned dedicated IPv4s?

If you can justify it, open a ticket

• @Cam said:

@benj0x said:
    Is it possible to get an rDNS record on the assigned dedicated IPv4s?

If you can justify it, open a ticket

Yay! Thank you very much.

• @Cam said:

@Ganonk said:

@Cam said:

Probably not.

10 Available

PS!

Here's the benchmark:

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-12-07                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Sat Dec 26 21:14:46 GMT 2020

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v6 @ 3.80GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 1058.544 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 512.0 MiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 9.7 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 824.00 KB/s    (206) | 9.54 MB/s      (149)
    Write      | 855.00 KB/s    (213) | 10.02 MB/s     (156)
    Total      | 1.67 MB/s      (419) | 19.57 MB/s     (305)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 23.30 MB/s      (45) | 25.84 MB/s      (25)
    Write      | 24.84 MB/s      (48) | 28.00 MB/s      (27)
    Total      | 48.14 MB/s      (93) | 53.84 MB/s      (52)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 468 Mbits/sec   | 901 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 474 Mbits/sec   | 890 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 450 Mbits/sec   | 891 Mbits/sec  
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 372 Mbits/sec   | 36.1 Mbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 493 Mbits/sec   | 940 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 481 Mbits/sec   | 912 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 479 Mbits/sec   | 915 Mbits/sec  
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 422 Mbits/sec   | 152 Mbits/sec  

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 464 Mbits/sec   | 887 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 466 Mbits/sec   | 883 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 448 Mbits/sec   | 876 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 479 Mbits/sec   | 927 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 467 Mbits/sec   | 894 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench releases can only be downloaded over IPv4. FTP the Geekbench files and run manually.

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • GanonkGanonk Member
    edited December 2020

@Cam said:
    10 Available

PS!

@add_iT grab it fast , Sirr :blush:

Thanked by 1nyamenk
  • possible newyear-dolla-nat flash sale?

• @Cam is doing great. I got his service once. Well, I don't want any idle vps anymore :'(

• Am I late?
    I am really interested in LVZ in SGP, 512MB Ram, 10GB HDD, 500GB Bandwith - $8/year.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@tonyapac said:
    Am I late?

Take a guess :)

Thanked by 2Cam Ganonk
  • Yes, we are late. Maybe @Cam will extend to 12/31? :)

Thanked by 1Ganonk