Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone used hostcircle Colocation?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone used hostcircle Colocation?

NedTGNedTG Member
edited December 2020 in Help

Hello!

Found them advertising online - Reached out to sales and got this quote.

1RU space
20TB bandwidth on 1 x 1G port
1 x network drop for IPMI
/29 IP block

in SY for 99 USD monthly and 99 USD setup

Quite cheap for Sydney considering the next closest is ColoAU at 320.00/Month

I've send a ticket asking for clarification on the price and if they provide any form of DDoS protection but I'll wait to hear back.

What could the possible drawbacks of this service be? I assume Remote Hands or anything requiring them to touch your server would be charged pretty highly.

Any input would be great!

Comments

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

-Get pricing on their remote hands, if its hourly or per task.
    -Also I don't see it listing the power, ensure it has enough power to power your server.
    -See what their policy is on DDoS attacks if they have protection or null routing.
    If they were to null route the IP, how long would it be nulled for?
    -If you need additional IP's what is the cost of them?
    -This is kind of under remote hands, but do they provide free rack and stack or charge for racking of the server.

Hope this input helps. Would love to know what they say as I need to put a few shared machines in AU myself.

Thanked by 2benj0x ferri
  • @Ian_Dot_Tech said:
    -Get pricing on their remote hands, if its hourly or per task.
    -This is kind of under remote hands, but do they provide free rack and stack or charge for racking of the server.

Hope this input helps. Would love to know what they say as I need to put a few shared machines in AU myself.

Helps a ton - I asked about remote hands before posting, They confirmed that the $99 setup is for rack and stack, In their words

“ The setup cost will cover the rack and stack and additional remote hands cost are billed USD 175 per hour.”

Actually not badly priced.

Will submit another question with the other pojnts your raised, Cheers!

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Providers sometimes are willing to bill remote hands in increments, vs the full hour. So you could possibly ask that. Unless you don't mind paying $175 for every request. Also, any free remote hands included? Worth asking, never know when you might just need a physical reboot, screen readout, or external device attachment, etc. In addition is remote hands onsite 24x7?

Also, not that you need it today - but what is the cost for additional bandwidth? What are overages billed at?

Is there a term attached to this? If so, what is the annual escalation?

Good luck on the colo journey, it's always fun :)

Thanked by 1ferri