Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone tried hestiacp? and are you still using VestaCP?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

anyone tried hestiacp? and are you still using VestaCP?

I heard that HestiaCP is a new fork of VestaCP. Has anyone tried it? Any reviews?
What about its security. I had VestaCP servers which used to get hacked a lot. But we did a lot of tweaks later to prevent it from getting hacked. What are your thoughts about both now?

Comments

• Using it right now, love the built-in file manager, firewall, apps isolation. It's secure & highly maintained by developer.

Thanked by 1doughnet
  • edited December 2020

Vestacp is dead..

Thanked by 1doughnet
  • Two questions, two answers: in order

Yes

No

• Have a look myVesta.

Thanked by 2doughnet Matt247
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

any one could let me know if it supports ipv6

• athensguyathensguy Member
    edited December 2020

HestiaCP is much better than VestaCP and comes with many enhancements and security. I used it for production almost more than a year with no issues. All sites on node are running WordPress and Joomla.

• MoofieMoofie Member
    edited December 2020

I would definitely be using HestiaCP more often if they supported CentOS

• I used virtualmin/wbmin for a long time and someone here recommended Keyhelp and I never looked back to webmin.

I'll try HestiaCP , but how is it compared to keyhelp and webmin ?

Thanked by 1GreenPeace
  • Hestiacp is very actively developed and maintained. I have tried it a few times(Not in recent past) and works smoothly.

• Slowly moving away from PHP.

• actually for me, the best is cyberpanel

• I try KeyHelp, never look back., very happy... if you look at the VestaCP forum, developers are MIA.

• @Tony40 said:
    I try KeyHelp, never look back., very happy... if you look at the VestaCP forum, developers are MIA.

Does it support LEMP web server ? or only LAMP?

• @webmasteroffers said:

@Tony40 said:
    I try KeyHelp, never look back., very happy... if you look at the VestaCP forum, developers are MIA.

LAMP - Debian and Ubuntu with lots of features.

• @Tony40 said:

@webmasteroffers said:

@Tony40 said:

LAMP - Debian and Ubuntu with lots of features.

But LAMP performance is not as good as LEMP or Litespeed

• first server use hestiacp
    second server use aapanel

• VestaCP has multiple "Security" issues published last month 3 new one got published...

https://www.vulnerability-lab.com/get_content.php?id=2239
    https://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/49219
    https://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/49220

The first one would allow to load certain data via get command and the other two could be an minor risk with session hacking...

Both MyVesta and HestiaCP released an patch for it (Where the have been affected and should be save)

VestaCP hasn't released a new version since last year....

Hestia supports both Apache (Event mode) + PHP-FPM + Nginx (as proxy) or Nginx + PHP-FPM or Apache (Prefork) + Mod PHP + (Nginx as proxy)

However Apache (Event mode) + PHP-FPM + Nginx (as proxy) or Nginx + PHP-FPM are advised.

IPv6 Support is in progress however it takes a lot of time and there issn't a real company backing it as some other control panels (and it is open source / free)

Thanked by 1niceboy
  • @PandoGulf said:
    I used virtualmin/wbmin for a long time and someone here recommended Keyhelp and I never looked back to webmin.

I'll try HestiaCP , but how is it compared to keyhelp and webmin ?

Update: I tried HestiaCP and didn't like it.

I'm sticking with Keyhelp ...

• cPanel for 10 years, Plesk for 8 years and now moving to a new server plus the debacle with CentOS, tried Cyberpanel (3 months), aaPanel, CWP, ISPConfig, WebMin (with and without VirtualMin). HestiaCP with Ubuntu (scrubbed) then HestiaCP with Debian 10.7 and I love it.

Building a new Magento 2.4.1 server using LEMP (custom install on HestiaCP using their install switches) and without adding Varnish or Redis, we're seeing TTFB equal to LiteSpeed.

Just my 2c :)

• [Magento - horrible, plain horrible Adobe bloatware. Written by people with the same mentally as Photoshop developers. Total disregard for disc space, CPU resources and security.]

• @hide1hide said:
    Have a look myVesta.

Wow, myVesta have extra layer of protection with the nginx rate limitting, Hestiacp haven't implement this yet.