Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best >$2 USD VPS in Russia, Ukraine & CIS states?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best >$2 USD VPS in Russia, Ukraine & CIS states?

I'm looking for alternative >$2 USD / >150 RUB VPS services in Russia, Ukraine and the former Soviet Union that don't force 10MB/s IO on you, constantly kill running applications/swap your applications or have high amounts of CPU steal. I'd love some recommendations if anyone has any since there's quite a diversity of Russian VPS providers, but

What I've tried so far: RuVDS and Boodet.online are downright terrible (and JustHost isn't far from that title). GCore (and historically, TakeWYN) have been fine.

Comments

• Yes, Gcore might be the best on your list but seems the cheapest is $3.7 / month :/

Thanked by 1Bertie
  • StradaleStradale Member
    edited December 2020

Vdsina edit: nevermind they don’t offer the plan I have active anymore

Thanked by 1Bertie
  • AmirGTAmirGT Member
    edited December 2020

Maybe check HostVDS and ihor

Thanked by 1Bertie
  • @swat4 said: Yes, Gcore might be the best on your list but seems the cheapest is $3.7 / month :/

Still appreciate it! It's nice to know of alternatives, even if they're a bit pricier.

Asking for a >$2 USD VPS has mostly led to a string of bad host choices, so worst case scenario, I'll be a bit less wishful.

• @Bertie said:

Still appreciate it! It's nice to know of alternatives, even if they're a bit pricier.

Asking for a >$2 USD VPS has mostly led to a string of bad host choices, so worst case scenario, I'll be a bit less wishful.

:# Unexpectedly, I found something that you might like:

• @swat4 said: :# Unexpectedly, I found something that you might like:

Their servers priced in Russian rubles are even cheaper, but for whatever reason I can't seem to access the Ruble offerings :(

• @Bertie said:

Their servers priced in Russian rubles are even cheaper, but for whatever reason I can't seem to access the Ruble offerings :(

Well.. I actually don't need any vps in Russia.. but you have aroused my curiosity :'(

and RUB is indeed valid.... waiting for provision.. let's see how it goes :#

Thanked by 1Bertie
  • BertieBertie Member
    edited December 2020

@swat4 said: and RUB is indeed valid.... waiting for provision.. let's see how it goes :#

How did you do it? Claim your country was Russia?

EDIT: Oh yikes, I can order it from the front page.

• swat4swat4 Member
    edited December 2020

@Bertie said:

EDIT: Oh yikes, I can order it from the front page.

:D Did you end up getting one? Now setting up - fast provision - port speed is on par with its description

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Bertie

If you can wait a bit, I have an upcoming review that might be interesting for you, some super-cheap russian providers one of whose VPS can even keep up with Veesp/VStoike.
    (Sorry, but I think it makes no sense to publish anything except offers during the BF/CM/pre-Xmas insanity period).

Thanked by 2kalimov622 Bertie
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

I'm looking for alternative >$2 USD / >150 RUB VPS services

Just so you know, this means you're looking for MORE than $2 and more than 150 RUB prices, less would be <. And I'm confused for what you meant, if ordering the 1 EURO VPS then probably indeed "less".

Thanked by 1Bertie
  • @rm_ said: Just so you know, this means you're looking for MORE than $2 and more than 150 RUB prices, less would be <. And I'm confused for what you meant, if ordering the 1 EURO VPS then probably indeed "less".

Whoops. Too late to edit now. Thanks for letting me know I'm bad at math. :(

• @HostNamaste have VPS in Moscow but it's a bit higher than the price you wanted ($2.99/month). https://www.hostnamaste.com/openvz-vps.php

Thanked by 1hostnamaste
  • @Bertie said:
    I'm looking for alternative >$2 USD / >150 RUB VPS services in Russia, Ukraine and the former Soviet Union that don't force 10MB/s IO on you, constantly kill running applications/swap your applications or have high amounts of CPU steal. I'd love some recommendations if anyone has any since there's quite a diversity of Russian VPS providers, but

What I've tried so far: RuVDS and Boodet.online are downright terrible (and JustHost isn't far from that title). GCore (and historically, TakeWYN) have been fine.

@Bertie said:

Poiskvps.ru

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

@Daniel15 said:
    @HostNamaste have VPS in Moscow but it's a bit higher than the price you wanted ($2.99/month). https://www.hostnamaste.com/openvz-vps.php

Thank you for the mention and recommendation Daniel, highly appreciate it.

Yes, the monthly pricing is slightly higher according to OP's requirements. However, we can offer $2/mon with the yearly billing.

Thanked by 1Daniel15