Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8GB ram, 2-4 CPU VPS with OVH Anti DDoS Protection for game server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

8GB ram, 2-4 CPU VPS with OVH Anti DDoS Protection for game server

Hi, in the past I used a ovh dedicated game server and worked well.
Now, since I don't need many server resources and since I'm on a low budget, I'm looking for a VPS with good performance and good ddos protection from OVH network (it works well for my use case and I don't want to experiment other solutions now).

I don't have a specific budget, can range from 20$ to 40$ month if performance is good.
I need 6-8GB ram, 2-4 cores, 30gb ssd space. Preferably OVH pro ddos protection with customizable rules.

Comments

• @MikeA ExtraVM probably be a good option he dose KVM with OVH game ddos protection.

Not sure want the pricing is like.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • Preferred locations?

And the game servers are open to everyone or restricted to a certain community?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I generally don't do discounts on my services on OVH, due to their costs now days with newer hardware, but if you're wanting something with OVH's game firewall and the ability to manage the network firewall rules on your end then you can look at my plans (link in signature.)

• @swat4 said:
    Preferred locations?

And the game servers are open to everyone or restricted to a certain community?

Europe. Game is open to everyone.

• @MikeA said:
    I generally don't do discounts on my services on OVH, due to their costs now days with newer hardware, but if you're wanting something with OVH's game firewall and the ability to manage the network firewall rules on your end then you can look at my plans (link in signature.)

Thanks Mike. I like your service and used it in the past, but it is a bit pricey xD
    It is possible to ask for a custom plan?
    For example your 48$ plan... I don't need all that storage and bandwidth. 2 core and 8gb ram with 30gb space would be great. Probably I'll try to downsize my game server a bit and make it fit in the 6gb ram plan

• @Cappuccino said:

Um.... @seriesn has very good server in UK but Open-to-All game servers might be against their ToS....

Maybe you may also wait for @Francisco to finish the implementation of Ryzen server in Luxembourg and select the DDoS Filtering add-on.

Both providers are solid in Europe.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @swat4 said:

@Cappuccino said:

Um.... @seriesn has very good server in UK but Open-to-All game servers might be against their ToS....

Maybe you may also wait for @Francisco to finish the implementation of Ryzen server in Luxembourg and select the DDoS Filtering add-on.

Both providers are solid in Europe.

Thanks for the mention boss <3. Sadly we aren't the right company for public gameserver :(

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Cappuccino said:

@MikeA said:

Thanks Mike. I like your service and used it in the past, but it is a bit pricey xD
    It is possible to ask for a custom plan?
    For example your 48$ plan... I don't need all that storage and bandwidth. 2 core and 8gb ram with 30gb space would be great. Probably I'll try to downsize my game server a bit and make it fit in the 6gb ram plan

I don't do custom plans or discounts on OVH services, since OVH isn't flexible in pricing and due to the servers I use with them being all new Ryzen servers.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@swat4 said: Maybe you may also wait for @Francisco to finish the implementation of Ryzen server in Luxembourg and select the DDoS Filtering add-on.

Thanks!

Will have Ryzen stock in LU this week.

Francisco