Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS under 5$ / year in order to run a VPN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS under 5$ / year in order to run a VPN

Hello,
Is there any offer under 5$/y for a minimal VPS ?
I just need to run a VPN on it.
If possible, I'd like to have an option where I can ask to change the IP address (with additional fee, each time, I guess).

Thanks

Comments

• Probably a NAT VPS if you just need to use it for VPN, even 256MB RAM is enough. Search in this forum and you'll find some deals.

About the second thing, just go for anything that offers /64 IPv6 and you have billions of IP to work with.

• ico7livico7liv Member
    edited December 2020

Thanks a lot, Im looking for this
    1st offer I saw is 3.50usd (https://hosting.gullo.me/order/main/packages/nat-vps/?group_id=5)
    2nd offer, 3eur (https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=13)

As far as I understand, it's a shared IPV4

I need to build VPN with dedicated IP (my own IP).
    Are they coming with dedicated IPs(v6) ?

What does mean /80 or /64 for IPV6 ? how many IP adress will I get ? all dedicated ?

Is it possible to build a VPN which can use each of these IP address ? in the same time ?

• @Cam can help you for sure (gullo)!

• @ico7liv said:
    Thanks a lot, Im looking for this
    1st offer I saw is 3.50usd (https://hosting.gullo.me/order/main/packages/nat-vps/?group_id=5)
    2nd offer, 3eur (https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=13)

As far as I understand, it's a shared IPV4

I need to build VPN with dedicated IP (my own IP).
    Are they coming with dedicated IPs(v6) ?

What does mean /80 or /64 for IPV6 ? how many IP adress will I get ? all dedicated ?

Is it possible to build a VPN which can use each of these IP address ? in the same time ?

NAT VPS means the public IPv4 is shared, that's the whole point of NAT. If you need dedicated IPv4, then you would need to pay more than $5/y, because that won't pay for the renting fee of the IP itself.

You still have a public IPv4 regardless, and whether it's enough or not is entirely depending on your use case. For example if only for VPN then it doesn't matter, but do your own due diligence.

IPv6 is dedicated. In fact NAT is only created to solve the problem of IPv4 running out, so it doesn't exist for IPv6.

/64 or /80 is the network submask, check wiki for more details. But basically an IPv6 address has 128 bits, /64 means the first 64 bits are "fixed", and the rest is for you, thus you have 2^(128-64) different addresses to work with. Generally when a VPS is created you have 1 IPv6 only, but you can add more in the panel. Also all addresses should route to that VPS anyway.

Last question is hard to answer. Theoretically yes, practically I guess you can only use 1 IPv6 address for outbound request (and/or the shared IPv4 too), but honestly I don't know enough about VPN technology.

In short, NAT and IPv6 are slightly more complicated. But again, your requirements also seem more complicated than for normal VPN usage

Thanked by 1ferri
  • @yoursunny As I was typing the response above, I was wondering if it's possible to have a cronjob that rotate the IPv6 address daily or something ? In paper it should work yeah ?

• Hello @ninja1337
    Thanks so much for your detailed answer ! Sounds clear for me now :)

Actualy, as far as I understand, I will able to log to my admin panel, disable the IPv4, and enable an IPv6. I run my OpenVPN, and it should use this IPv6.
    Later, if I need to change the IP, I just log to my admin panel and change the IPv6 to another IPv6. And I can switch from one to another, get back to the first IPv6 later, etc, by this way.
    Is it right ?

• You can change IPv6 to anything that is assigned to you, sure. Whether this achieves much depends on your use case. If you are looking to avoid some type of block and are worried about the IP address being added to a block list, then after this happens a few times your whole subnet will probably get blocked. If it is privacy (like creating multiple accounts) then this is also an easy pattern to detect.

Thanked by 2yoursunny Daniel15
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ninja1337 said:
    @yoursunny As I was typing the response above, I was wondering if it's possible to have a cronjob that rotate the IPv6 address daily or something ? In paper it should work yeah ?

In OpenVZ 7 with venet device, every IP address used in the container must be configured on the host node. SolusVM API for customers doesn't support changing IP address assignment. Thus, you can only rotate IP address among those you have manually assigned to your container.

I don't know whether OpenVZ 7 or SolusVM has a limit on how many IPv6 addresses can be assigned to a container, but typing 180 address in SolusVM would be tedious.

@tetech said:
    You can change IPv6 to anything that is assigned to you, sure. Whether this achieves much depends on your use case. If you are looking to avoid some type of block and are worried about the IP address being added to a block list, then after this happens a few times your whole subnet will probably get blocked. If it is privacy (like creating multiple accounts) then this is also an easy pattern to detect.

If you are doing naughty things, expect the whole /64 to be blocked.

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

You can have a look at our plans too https://my.webhorizon.in/order/main/index/nat

PM me for a custom pricing below $5/yr

You get a /112 IPv6 subnet, that's about 65k IPs...the IPv4 is shared

• How much do you plan to use it? For low use I have setup personal vpn on Vultr and saved as snapshot. Create new instance when need and delete after use. Get new ip each time and 5 cents/hour for use. No cost for snapshot. Good for low use

Thanked by 1the_doctor