Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Webdock.io Christmas & New Year 2020 promo, 15EUR / ~18USD coupon code for new customers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Webdock.io Christmas & New Year 2020 promo, 15EUR / ~18USD coupon code for new customers

Webdock_ioWebdock_io Member, Host Rep

XMAS20NEWYEAR21

Apply this coupon to any new customer account at Webdock.io and get a 15 Euro credit.

The coupon is valid from the 15th of December 2020 until January 5th 2021 and can only be applied once you have added a credit card to your account. If left unused, the credit expires June 1st 2021.

Webdock.io is headquartered in Denmark and has servers located in Helsinki (Finland) and Dallas (Texas).

Super optimized Perfect Servers with great out-of-the-box LAMP and LEMP stacks available. You get free SSL certificates, lots of free backups, free transactional with Postmark and email forwarding.

We actively monitor your server and notify you in case of a hack. Great 24/7 customer service. Awesome value for money. Prices are all inclusive, no additional charges or hidden fees. Read more and sign up at https://webdock.io/en

Thanked by 3RecD derekyang user123

Comments

• Grabbed thanks! Just hope that you could optimize the routing in Helsinki, which goes to Germany sometimes even if the destination is just inside Finland/Sweden/Norway.

• Didn't accept my card :/

• RecDRecD Member
    edited December 2020

Do you mean 1Gbps unlimited with only €4 seriously?
    Edit: wow that's so great!

• waynechriswaynechris Member
    edited December 2020

I have already obtained credit in previous events, and I have to say that this is a very generous merchant!

• No Paypal

• derekyangderekyang Member
    edited December 2020

Really interesting setup

• Webdock_ioWebdock_io Member, Host Rep

@isunbejo said:
    No Paypal

Yeah we are working on that ... :( Hopefully soon!

@RecD said:
    Do you mean 1Gbps unlimited with only €4 seriously?
    Edit: wow that's so great!

It's all explained in detail here:

https://webdock.io/en/docs/webdock/billing-pricing#what-we-mean-by-legitimate-and-above-board-purposes-w/regards-to-bandwidth-overage

@Chocoweb said:
    Grabbed thanks! Just hope that you could optimize the routing in Helsinki, which goes to Germany sometimes even if the destination is just inside Finland/Sweden/Norway.

We will look into this ...

@ststranger169 said:
    Didn't accept my card :/

Sorry to hear it! Please be in touch with Support and we can then check exactly what reason Stripe gave for the rejection. Stripe can be a bit overzealous on the anti-fraud checks sometimes :)

• they are really good, thought because of the setup (they are LXD containers, but iirc their docker works), the hdd is really low.
    but the service and performance is top top notch.
    attached the yabs i made 2 months ago.

webdock-Dallas
    webdock-Helsinki

@forces said:
    they are really good, thought because of the setup (they are LXD containers, but iirc their docker works), the hdd is really low.
    but the service and performance is top top notch.
    attached the yabs i made 2 months ago.

Thanks for posting this! Be aware that the fio tests are inaccurate on our smaller profiles, and our disk speeds are in fact much faster than shown, please see: https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script/issues/13

Thanked by 1_Nic
  • kalipuskalipus Member
    edited December 2020

thanks

• @Chocoweb said:
    Grabbed thanks! Just hope that you could optimize the routing in Helsinki, which goes to Germany sometimes even if the destination is just inside Finland/Sweden/Norway.

Finally found the problem: their server don't have direct access to any Tier-1 transit (Telia & Lumen/CenturyLink/Level3) in Helsinki provided by Hetzner, but only IXs.
    So all routes require a Tier-1 carrier will go to Germany then back to Helsinki via the Hetzner backbone