Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small KVM VPS in Germany
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Small KVM VPS in Germany

Hello,

I just got an email from BudgetNode that I have to renew my VPS for next year, but their client area and website or down since a few days and there's no update on their twitter since 2017. So I guess it's time to move my VPS somewhere else and I wanted to move it to Europe anyway :-)

I'm mainly using this for web development (and thinks like SSH tunnels to make apps during development availabe on a public IP). So I'm more interested in location / connectivity to Germany than raw power or bandwidth. Possibility to install a custom OS is required (Probably RHEL 8 Developer Subscription, with the recent CentOS news...).

Here are my requirements:

• VZ Type: KVM
  • Number of Cores: Any
  • RAM: 1GB+
  • Disk Space: 15GB+
  • Disk Type: SSD

• Bandwidth: 1TB+ (does not really matter, less may be ok)

• Port Speed: 1 Gbps
  • DDoS Protection: Not required.
  • Number of IPv4: 1
  • IPv6: Preferably, but not necessary

• Budget: $24/year
  • Billing period:Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly

I guess if Germany is not possible at that price, Racknerds 1.2 GB KVM VPS Amsterdam seems to be a very good option right now.

Thank you

Comments

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

We appreciate you having an eye on our services. There are options out there always, so if we don't win your business I totally understand.

If by chance we work with you, that'd be amazing :) I'm confident you'd be happy with the service level we provide. If ever you need anything, I can always personally help as well [email protected]

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2020

We did 1 core/1gb ECC RAM/15gb NVMe SSD/2tb bandwidth in Frankfurt for £21/yearly (ex-VAT) for black friday. Slightly over your budget but close - the offers aren't visible anymore but we have some space left so could open one up if you were open to a slightly higher budget.

Custom ISO installs are fine, noVNC Access is provided, etc.

• Tricky to get under 24 usd for 1GB ram in Germany. I use Hetzner and sometimes Netcup a ton, but they are more like 3 euros a month for 2gb when factoring in VAT. I usually spin them up and down quite quickly though, so the per month cost is quite low.

Some other options hovering near your budget (don't know the quality of the service, or about virt type):

• Strato 1vCore, 1GB Ram, 30GB SSD, 100Mbps = 2 euro / month for 12 months
    • vServer 1vCore, 1GB Ram, 10GB HDD, 1TB traffic for 1.5 euro a month, but is out of stock.

Netherlands:

• HostSailer 2vCore, 1GB Ram, 30GB HDD (assuming not SSD), 1TB Bandwidth @ 1gbps for 2 euro a month
    • Softshellweb 1vCore, 1GB Ram, 20GB SSD, 2TB @ 1gbps for 20 euro a year
    • Alwyzon 1vCore, 1GB Ram, 10GB SSD, 5TB @ 1gbps for 1.8 euro a month

Again, don't have a clue about the quality of the above, I basically only use Hetzner these days since their provisioning is so fast.

• Thanks for all the answers. There indeed where some interesting black friday deals, I should have looked here earlier :-)

@dustinc Thanks, I'm not completely decided between Hetzner or your offer yet, but anyway it's certainly a very good deal :-)

@Mr_Tom
    Thank you, that looks like a nice offer. Nevertheless I think I'll either go with a slightly higher price and Hetzner or with RackNerd.

@elflord
    24 USD was what I paid for the BudgetNode VPS, but a little higher price probably would be fine as well. I didn't know Hetzner offers small packages, the smallest VPS might actually be an option. I'll have to think about it a little.

Thanked by 1dustinc