Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stackstorage - the free ride is over
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stackstorage - the free ride is over

netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran
Your free STACK account is about to expire. Start downloading your data now to keep it from being deleted, cancel your account immediately (and lose your data) or upgrade to a paid STACK with a 50% discount for the first 12 months. Did you already upgrade? Then your data will be retained, even if you are still queued.

1.25 euro for 250GB. Is it worth it? Any alternative?

Comments

• @netomx said:

Your free STACK account is about to expire. Start downloading your data now to keep it from being deleted, cancel your account immediately (and lose your data) or upgrade to a paid STACK with a 50% discount for the first 12 months. Did you already upgrade? Then your data will be retained, even if you are still queued.

who is provider?

• @mhosting_in said:

@netomx said:

who is provider?

It's TransIP's STACK storage service:

https://transip.nl/stack/

• @netomx said:

Per year? Sure =)

Per month? I wouldn't, since that would be 5EUR/TB/month. But, maybe you place a higher value on it.

• @user123 said: Per year? Sure

their site states: 250 GB € 1,25 * p.m.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Any alternative? With WebDAV?

• I use IceDrive, they support WebDAV. Not sure of their monthly fees, I got a lifetime deal for it. It's been solid for the last several months that I've been using it.

• @netomx said:
    Any alternative? With WebDAV?

you can try allsync.com whose 50gb is 0.98 eur/year with webdav enabled.

• @spun said:
    I use IceDrive, they support WebDAV. Not sure of their monthly fees, I got a lifetime deal for it. It's been solid for the last several months that I've been using it.

I heard they have shutdown webdav feature.

• spunspun Member
    edited December 2020

It's working for me. I didn't hear anything about it. The info is kind of skimp on how to use WebDav on their site.

This is how I use it with UpdraftPlus feel free to try it:
    webdavs://
    Host: webdav.icedrive.io
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: ------
    Path: FolderName or Folder1/Folder2

Edit: Just looked in their support pages it says it's only available on paid plans.

• @spun said:
    It's working for me. I didn't hear anything about it. The info is kind of skimp on how to use WebDav on their site.

This is how I use it with UpdraftPlus feel free to try it:
    webdavs://
    Host: webdav.icedrive.io
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: ------
    Path: FolderName or Folder1/Folder2

Edit: Just looked in their support pages it says it's only available on paid plans.

• Wow, I was about to get IceDrive with their Black Friday offer and the only reason was that it ALSO supported WebDav. So that I could backup to it where their apps don’t work or simply suck. I also didn’t like that they count all bandwidth (up, down, share).

Fortunately @hosthatch came to the rescue with their juicy storage boxes and I went with them.

• Shit. That sucks because I bought it because of the WebDAV. I guess I'll be looking for recommendations also if they don't support FTP or WebDAV.

I don't see it on their website either and I never got an email.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@sgheghele said:
    Wow, I was about to get IceDrive with their Black Friday offer and the only reason was that it ALSO supported WebDav. So that I could backup to it where their apps don’t work or simply suck. I also didn’t like that they count all bandwidth (up, down, share).

Fortunately @hosthatch came to the rescue with their juicy storage boxes and I went with them.

Wow, nice offer. Too bad i got late

• I emailed IceDrive about this and they said that they were originally going to phase out WebDAV but they are no longer doing it because it's a fairly popular option.