Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LUX Slices in Stock @ BUYVM - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LUX Slices in Stock @ BUYVM

123457»

Comments

• @jahrinc said:
    @Francisco Any news on slabs good sir?

We are hoping it could be ready on this year..

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@chocolateshirt said: We are hoping it could be ready on this year..

Lets aim for Monday :)

As of now the nodes are running badblocks. They've been running for 2 days now and I figure by Sunday i'll be happy to provision it.

The infiniband network is already online and everything is alive. I just have basic software installation to do, that'll take an hour or so.

So close!

Francisco

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • edited December 2020

@Francisco said:

@chocolateshirt said: We are hoping it could be ready on this year..

Lets aim for Monday :)

So close!

Francisco

Thank you for the christmas gift, Fran.. Very superb & prem..

• @Nihim said:
    anyone knows if upgrading/downgrading a slice is a thing? I read something in the FAQ (not sure if it included slices or is old) but the panel doesn't offer upgrading/downgrading the slice type (1024->2048 etc)

Upgrades are definitely doable, but you need to do it in WHMCS (not in Stallion).

Not sure if downgrades are doable, as it could cause issues in some cases (mainly if you're using more space than what's provided in the lower plan).

@Daniel15 said: Not sure if downgrades are doable, as it could cause issues in some cases (mainly if you're using more space than what's provided in the lower plan).

Downgrading isn't possible since shrinking volumes is questionable at best.

Francisco

• nfnnfn Veteran
    edited December 2020

@Francisco do or will you have Offloaded SQL in Lux?

@nfn said: @Francisco do you have Offloaded SQL in Lux?

Nope. Not sure if we will.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@nfn said: @Francisco do you have Offloaded SQL in Lux?

Nope. Not sure if we will.

Francisco

How much max size we can use with offloaded sql?

• jtigjtig Member

Are we ever going to see better peering and connectivity for the Luxembourg location any time soon? Soon as in within 3ish months. It's been said it's coming "soon" for a year and "just waiting for quotes to come in" for a few months now.
    I read "LU-CIX" in a couple of weeks back in December 2020 in this thread but I guess nothing happened so far?
    I really like the Luxembourg KVM but the connectivity and peering is frankly really bad. :(

Thanked by 10xbkt
    edited March 2021

@jtig said:
    Are we ever going to see better peering and connectivity for the Luxembourg location any time soon? Soon as in within 3ish months. It's been said it's coming "soon" for a year and "just waiting for quotes to come in" for a few months now.
    I read "LU-CIX" in a couple of weeks back in December 2020 in this thread but I guess nothing happened so far?
    I really like the Luxembourg KVM but the connectivity and peering is frankly really bad. :(

Things have been all over the place.

I finally have an offer to get me connected to LUX1 so I can get to whatever providers I want. So that's sorted, that was a big road block.

I've got a standing offer from GTT, who are in LUX1, but they aren't in Teleport 7 or Fiberhub meaning I gotta transport it from elsewhere. I really really want to keep the blend the same everywhere so our anycast/bgp offerings are predictable.

I've been waiting on HE to come back with a counter offer as well. Supposedly a handful of their sales team is out sick (rona?) so the rest of the team is backlogged.

One idea we were floated was we move our HE ports from Vegas->LUX, and then get Zayo in NY & LV. I reached out to Zayo but they're insisting they can't go below $2k/m per 10gig flat...even though I have a copy of the offers they made to multiple other customers where they're more like $800/m per 10gig.

I'm working as fast as I can to get this sorted in the next fews weeks given we have hardware arriving in LUX any day now. NY's crate finally arrived, just waiting on my tech to get over there and rack it all :)

I don't want to get onto LU-CIX until Transit is sorted though. I don't want to commit to a full 10gig on there and it ends up we're using a couple hundred mbit or less because we decided to get HE transit instead.

Francisco

Thanked by 1jtig
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Francisco said: I don't want to get onto LU-CIX until Transit is sorted though. I don't want to commit to a full 10gig on there and it ends up we're using a couple hundred mbit or less because we decided to get HE transit instead.

Couldn't you peer with HE via LU-CIX and kill two birds with one stone?

@brueggus said: Couldn't you peer with HE via LU-CIX and kill two birds with one stone?

Yep, but what do I take for another transit provider? GTT is an option as mentioned but I really wanted things to be balanced in all DC's. Besides GTT is going reneg on the offer we got if I'm taking 1/3rd the commit of the original quote.

I reached out to Lumen but they're a mess over here.

Francisco

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Francisco said: Yep, but what do I take for another transit provider?

Yeah, okay. I thought you wanted to stay with Cogent.

@brueggus said:

@Francisco said: Yep, but what do I take for another transit provider?

Yeah, okay. I thought you wanted to stay with Cogent.

We will but we want someone else too :)

Francisco

• jtigjtig Member

Welp that was a speedy answer. Sounds like it is a bit of a mess indeed. I hope you can get it sorted out and have some good news to share soon. I assume it will be even more important with all the additional nodes in Luxembourg.
    Thanks for the explanation and transparency.

• you could start to use cogent's new global peer exchange https://globalpeerexchange.com

edited March 2021

@xx00xx said:
    you could start to use cogent's new global peer exchange https://globalpeerexchange.com

Doesn't help when Cogent has a maintenance :)

@jtig said:
    Welp that was a speedy answer. Sounds like it is a bit of a mess indeed. I hope you can get it sorted out and have some good news to share soon. I assume it will be even more important with all the additional nodes in Luxembourg.
    Thanks for the explanation and transparency.

For sure :)

We're going to have to hold a good chunk of stock back until we get more bandwidth, that's why i'm rushing to get something figured out.

Francisco

Thanked by 1xx00xx