Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
LUX Slices in Stock @ BUYVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

LUX Slices in Stock @ BUYVM

They are finally back in stock!

https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices/

Thanked by 3Pixels Daniel15 raynor

Come chat at codetalk.club
1nf.me | I live in London, UK

Comments

• cc @Pixels

I know you were looking for one of these boxes :)

• oh! are they Ryzen yet?

• @JasonM said:
    oh! are they Ryzen yet?

They will soon be automatically be migrated to ryzen. I think @Francisco said possibly this week. The pallet has arrived and needs to clear customs.

Thanked by 1Daniel15

• @evanwalters said:
    cc @Pixels

I know you were looking for one of these boxes :)

Hahaha thank you for letting me know. I was keeping an eye on it and I grabbed one as soon as they were up!

Thanked by 1evanwalters
  • This usually happens on the 1st and 7th.

Thanked by 1evanwalters

DP | Domain Names for Sale: r*.ninja / vm*.net / virt*.com / node*.org / *gigabit.net / *vpn.net

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

@thedp said:
    This usually happens on the 1st and 7th.

Yep :) LU doesn't get a lot though, what's there will probably last the day.

Once the Ryzen's + slabs show up I expect it to burn down quick.

Francisco

BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • @Francisco said:

@thedp said:
    This usually happens on the 1st and 7th.

Yep :) LU doesn't get a lot though, what's there will probably last the day.

Once the Ryzen's + slabs show up I expect it to burn down quick.

Francisco

What's the deployment ETA like for LU?

DP | Domain Names for Sale: r*.ninja / vm*.net / virt*.com / node*.org / *gigabit.net / *vpn.net

@thedp said: What's the deployment ETA like for LU?

The crate arrived in LU last night so I'm assuming it's just waiting on customs at this point.

There's supposedly a 5 day quarantine period but i'm hoping they're willing to count the days it was in transit + the days it sat in the DC against that, meaning we can start racking ASAP.

Francisco

Thanked by 2evanwalters thedp
    BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • @Francisco said:

@thedp said: What's the deployment ETA like for LU?

The crate arrived in LU last night so I'm assuming it's just waiting on customs at this point.

There's supposedly a 5 day quarantine period but i'm hoping they're willing to count the days it was in transit + the days it sat in the DC against that, meaning we can start racking ASAP.

Francisco

Good stuff.

Hope all goes well!

Thanked by 1evanwalters

• @Francisco said: Once the Ryzen's + slabs show up I expect it to burn down quick.

Whats the ETA for LUX slabs?

@evanwalters said: Whats the ETA for LUX slabs?

3 - 4 days once everyone is Ryzen'd, probably a lot less than that.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

Francisco

Dear gods, yes!! finally! Existing customers will get an email for the slabs?

Also remind me can you scale down slabs if needed or you will have to get a new one and move data over?

@Nihim said: Dear gods, yes!! finally! Existing customers will get an email for the slabs?

Also remind me can you scale down slabs if needed or you will have to get a new one and move data over?

Yep, we'll send an email and break open the keg for the drinkers in the family.

Slabs can only be grown, not shrunk. These are actual disk volumes, not NFS/S3/FUSE based.

Francisco

• NihimNihim Member
    edited December 2020

delete me pls - double post

• @Francisco said:

Yep, we'll send an email and break open the keg for the drinkers in the family.

Slabs can only be grown, not shrunk. These are actual disk volumes, not NFS/S3/FUSE based.

Francisco

ya was checking the site to remember how slabs are setup and I saw scaling was mentioned in the FAQ - sowwy. I remember there is a big nvme cache of TBs in front but the main storage I don't remember what it is.

• @Francisco I had to get Karen to switch my email becuase I forgot about the paypal email discrepancy but now I can't access the billing panel. I try to reset my password but It presents me with the question did fran lie?.

so - did you lie?

@evanwalters said:
    @Francisco I had to get Karen to switch my email becuase I forgot about the paypal email discrepancy but now I can't access the billing panel. I try to reset my password but It presents me with the question did fran lie?.

so - did you lie?

Did you try using the new email? instead of your old? :P

Francisco

Thanked by 1evanwalters
  • Ha - turns out you did lie. Password reset now :)

• @Francisco said:

@evanwalters said:
    @Francisco I had to get Karen to switch my email becuase I forgot about the paypal email discrepancy but now I can't access the billing panel. I try to reset my password but It presents me with the question did fran lie?.

so - did you lie?

Did you try using the new email? instead of your old? :P

Francisco

I did use the new email but it said the account details were incorrect

edited December 2020

@evanwalters said: I did use the new email but it said the account details were incorrect

PM me your mail and i'll check it out.

Disregard, you're good it seems!

Francisco

Thanked by 1evanwalters
  • I took one :-) waiting for this one since a lot of time

Thanked by 1evanwalters
  • @Francisco said:

Francisco

Absolutely can't wait to get me some slab goodness.

Thanked by 1evanwalters

@lurch said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Absolutely can't wait to get me some slab goodness.

Same. As I've said, slabs in LU were basically a company meme for the past while.

Francisco

Thanked by 1evanwalters
  • Out of stock

• @adriena said:
    Out of stock

• Just dropped one slice in Lux, expect it ready for grabs tomorrow :p

Providing less than /64 means "we are clueless about IPv6". My geekbench results. I haz BuyVM, HostHatch, OneProv, ServaRica, Veesp.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Provider

lol :P

• dfroedfroe Member, Provider

Slices being Ryzen'ized, Slabs arriving in Europe, significantly improved network, routed IPv6 subnets and probably a chance of getting rid of the 6in4 HE tunnel someday.
    Good things are happening, keep up the great work, Fran!

Thanked by 1nullnothere

it-df.net: IT-Service David Froehlich | Individual network and hosting solutions | AS39083 | RIPE LIR services (IPv4, IPv6, ASN)

@dfroe said: Slices being Ryzen'ized, Slabs arriving in Europe, significantly improved network, routed IPv6 subnets and probably a chance of getting rid of the 6in4 HE tunnel someday.

Absolutely on dropping the HE tunnel ;) I'm just trying to decide if I get the IX or some HE bandwidth (the bandwidth would be good).

I'm awaiting an email back from HE on all of that.

Routed subnets went live this week, and ECMP IP load balancing went live last night!

Francisco

Thanked by 2dfroe nullnothere

@Francisco said: I'm just trying to decide if I get the IX or some HE bandwidth (the bandwidth would be good).

IX's are always a good idea; especially if you can make them accessible as a partner/reseller to your customers, entering the market of prem LowEnd IXP VMs. :smiley:

However, I guess there won't be much benefit of connecting to LU-CIX as most of your traffic probably isn't directed to networks by local LU carriers.

Since you probably need some additional transit besides Cogent anyways, I think I'd go for some solid HE bandwidth creating a balanced upstream mix. But of course this is just one personal opinion. :smile:

it-df.net: IT-Service David Froehlich | Individual network and hosting solutions | AS39083 | RIPE LIR services (IPv4, IPv6, ASN)

@dfroe said: Since you probably need some additional transit besides Cogent anyways, I think I'd go for some solid HE bandwidth creating a balanced upstream mix. But of course this is just one personal opinion.

I agree completely.

I could try to peer with the main ISP in LU on the IX, but that's about it. To be honest I think just having HE gives a good chance of having a pretty direct connection to them anyway.

2020 has been the year of improving the entire product line as a whole. Next year will be a focus on marketing and growth, god willing.

Francisco

P.S. @Francisco: As I just noticed an empty link (href=#) in Stallion named "BGP communities": Consider adding some goodies like Don't Announce and Prepend 1-3 for Cogent/HE, to make your BGP-capable Slices as enjoyable as possible. :smiley:
    However, I guess that you most likely already have this on your roadmap. :smile:

Thanked by 1evanwalters

• @dfroe said:
    However, I guess there won't be much benefit of connecting to LU-CIX as most of your traffic probably isn't directed to networks by local LU carriers.

NL-IX is also available in Luxembourg I guess, as it’s pan European, might be a good addition.

@dfroe said:
    P.S. @Francisco: As I just noticed an empty link (href=#) in Stallion named "BGP communities": Consider adding some goodies like Don't Announce and Prepend 1-3 for Cogent/HE, to make your BGP-capable Slices as enjoyable as possible. :smiley:
    However, I guess that you most likely already have this on your roadmap. :smile:

Those do exist, I'll work on a modal tonight :)

But:

53667,0,1 = learned from transit
    53667,0,2 = learned from peer
    53667,0,3 = learned from client

Examples:

53667,1,174 = learned from cogent transit
    53667,1,6939 = learned from HE transit

53667,2,8100 = learned from Quadranet peer

53667,3,20150 = learned from AnyNode client

Prepends/No Exports:

53667,10x,y = x = prepend 1,2,3(or 9 dont) and y = ASN

Francisco

Thanked by 2dfroe evanwalters

@Francisco said: Those do exist

Great! :sunglasses:
    But may... I kindly ask for some backward compatibility for routing gear not supporting extended communities?
    I don't know how many upstreams you intend to add, but maybe something like 53667:1yy (learned from y) and 53667:1yyx (prepend x to y) might work as well.
    Just in case you haven't finished your thoughts yet. :)

Thanked by 1evanwalters

edited December 2020

@dfroe said: Great!
    But may... I kindly ask for some backward compatibility for routing gear not supporting >extended communities?
    I don't know how many upstreams you intend to add, but maybe something like 53667:1yy (learned from y) and 53667:1yyx (prepend x to y) might work as well.
    Just in case you haven't finished your thoughts yet.

We went with large communities since we'll have people with longer 4 byte ASN's and such. I'll think about finding a way to tag for 'normal' communities :) If you got some ideas let me know and I can probably make BIRD do it.

Francisco

Thanked by 1evanwalters

@Francisco I see your point. Well, but on the other hand (universal) extended communities and (legacy) communities shouldn't exclude each other. So you could keep your existing BIRD config and simply add 53667:1yy and 53667:1yyx tags for your main upstreams.

Maybe something like:

learned from
    53667:174 = Cogent transit
    53667:169 = HE transit
    53667:181 = Quadranet peer

prepend n={1,2,3} or no_announce(n=0) to
    53667:174n = Cogent transit
    53667:169n = HE transit
    53667:181n = Quadranet peer

or in other words:

53667:1xx = learned from xx
    53667:1xxn = prepend n={1,2,3} or no_announce(n=0) to xx

xx:
    74 = Cogent transit
    69 = HE transit
    81 = Quadranet peer

Thanked by 1evanwalters

@dfroe I'll think on it :) We could always just limit the legacy comm's for transit/major peering agreements.

The modal's now in place :) I've removed the text and swapped it over to a button that pops a modal with the information.

Francisco

Thanked by 1evanwalters

Congrats, looks pretty nice, and makes Stallion even more unique and lovely. :smiley:
    I like self-made panels and Stallion's user experience which is always a clean and fresh surprise to work with.

Thanked by 1evanwalters

• I'm still hoping for Miami in 2020 :-)

• @Francisco said: Routed subnets went live this week

What can we do with this? I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to this stuff.

Thanked by 1evanwalters

@Daniel15 said:

@Francisco said: Routed subnets went live this week

What can we do with this? I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to this stuff.

You could make it so your dockers get their own /64 of IPv6 IP's.

Or maybe you're running a VPN and want each user to get their own /64 of IPV6 instead of just NAT.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Daniel15 evanwalters
  • Looks like I'm gonna wait for the LUX slices to drop again then :'(

@vairav said: Looks like I'm gonna wait for the LUX slices to drop again then

Pallets in the airport. Was some confusion/delays over who was handling customs. That was resolved yesterday so I'm hoping to see it arrive for Monday :) I'm also hoping LuxConnect will let us count the time it was in the airport towards the quarantine time.

Francisco

• Thank you for keeping us up to date @Francisco Really appreciate you doing that.
    Hoping to be your customer real soon!

• @Francisco
    Slabs in Lux? How about Singapore?

edited December 2020

@vairav said: Thank you for keeping us up to date @Francisco Really appreciate you doing that.
    Hoping to be your customer real soon!

I hope you'll be my customer too ;)

Anthony & I figure it'll take 3 - 4 days to get everyone migrated, hopefully a lot sooner if the 10gbit network is turned up from the start.

@cazrz said: @Francisco
    Slabs in Lux? How about Singapore?

Slabs are on the pallet :) I figure we'll have them live within a week of slices + 10gbit network being rolled out. Most likely a lot sooner than that.

Singapore has some draconian censorship laws in place that makes it a no for us.

Right now we're considering a UK launch (be it we buy another brand and merge it into the family), and or somewhere like Japan. Japan seems to be freedom of speech laws similar to that of the States with the only issue most likely being porn censorship.

I'm open to suggestions and feedback :)

Francisco

• Japan should be fine too.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • UK would be cool. Virgin Media does not support IPv6 so it would be cool to have a slice in London to Wireguard to.

Thanked by 2Francisco benj0x