Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• it is a mess
    there are numerous flash sales happened during the past week
    no one, no one is as fubar as this
    telling us that the WHOLE world is rushing to buy your service isnt really a convincing excuse for the mess
    it sounds really arrogant, especially this

@VirMach said: All set, and you know what I'm putting the same sale that took us down at $20.07* for $8.88, that's how much more confident I am in this server. Now it's famous last words.

• Come on @VirMach . Leave this shitty BF-CM . Prepare well and bring your deals with Santa Clause on 25th!

• @SirFoxy said: need to understand they're a bottom of the barrel provider

• @SirFoxy said: ppl commenting negative things about virmach need to understand they're a bottom of the barrel provider, the prices are cheap, it's mostly automated, and you can expect a mid to lower tier experience. in short it's good for the price but don't expect too much and it's fine.

people would expect any bottom provider at least can make their client area accessible
    most bottom providers are having issue to have their vps stay up and stable, but really good at maintaining their website, which is the main money collecting avenue for any vendor

• @forces said:

@SirFoxy said: ppl commenting negative things about virmach need to understand they're a bottom of the barrel provider, the prices are cheap, it's mostly automated, and you can expect a mid to lower tier experience. in short it's good for the price but don't expect too much and it's fine.

people would expect any bottom provider at least can make their client area accessible
    most bottom providers are having issue to have their vps stay up and stable, but really good at maintaining their website, which is the main money collecting avenue for any vendor

i can recall like 9 providers that went down during an offer posting, namely spartanhost. but the service itself is fine. you have to be less critical, the client area is entirely separate from your vps anyways.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @SirFoxy said: i can recall like 9 providers that went down during an offer posting, namely spartanhost. but the service itself is fine. you have to be less critical, the client area is entirely separate from your vps anyways.

>
    have they went down for 2 hours?
    on and off, to be less critical, but off way more than on

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited December 2020

@forces said:

@SirFoxy said: i can recall like 9 providers that went down during an offer posting, namely spartanhost. but the service itself is fine. you have to be less critical, the client area is entirely separate from your vps anyways.

>

¯_(ツ)_/¯ don't buy it if you think they're not reliable dunno what to tell you

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • I would love to buy but can't because iv been waiting for virmach to respond to my email over 2FA device lost and account recovery for over a month now.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Looks good, so far we spotted roughly 2500+ members in Telegram channels.
    I would call that a big botnet.

• @jugganuts said: virmach to respond to my email over 2FA device lost and account recovery for over a month now.

Jesus!

• @SirFoxy said: ¯(ツ)/¯ don't buy it if you think they're not reliable dunno what to tell you

unfortunately learning from many others in the forum, they are Used to be realiable?
    go look up, i am not the only one who have the doubt.
    the thing is, this is my first service with them, and all good things i heard from the people on LET aside, all i see right now is their incompetency has known no bound, arrogantly.

All i said is based on what actually happened, and what actually said the virmach. sorry if i am critical toward your favorite provider. But please read, almost all are having the same doubts. i am admiring the faith you have in virmach.

• @forces said:

@SirFoxy said: ¯(ツ)/¯ don't buy it if you think they're not reliable dunno what to tell you

unfortunately learning from many others in the forum, they are Used to be realiable?
    go look up, i am not the only one who have the doubt.
    the thing is, this is my first service with them, and all good things i heard from the people on LET aside, all i see right now is their incompetency has known no bound, arrogantly.

All i said is based on what actually happened, and what actually said the virmach. sorry if i am critical toward your favorite provider. But please read, almost all are having the same doubts. i am admiring the faith you have in virmach.

i don't even use virmach i'm just being neutral

anyhoo @VirMach some deals in the almighty buffalo would be cool for some decent US + across the pond latency

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@EHRA said: Jesus!

>

Sorry, he's not around for another 25 days.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Sorry, he's not around for another 25 days.

Francisco

come to teach a thing or two about not having flash sale and yet the whole world still keep asking for your slab stock?

• @Francisco said:

@EHRA said: Jesus!

Sorry, he's not around for another 25 days.

Francisco

Santa...?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@forces said:

@Francisco said: Sorry, he's not around for another 25 days.

Francisco

come to teach a thing or two about not having flash sale and yet the whole world still keep asking for your slab stock?

Not here, keep that to my threads please. I'm very much against shilling for myself in others sales threads.

I'm just poking fun at the jesus comment, nothing more.

Francisco

Thanked by 2user123 ninja1337
  • @Francisco said: I'm just poking fun at the jesus comment, nothing more.

Francisco

well, iirc he did come two months ago, and i dont think we are expecting him this month, no?

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Seems i'm a bit late, but heck?

• you are right on time! the deals change every 2-3 hours

• and its been 3 hours, my service still not getting provision
    dont bother

@armandorg said: Seems i'm a bit late, but heck?

>

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited December 2020

8 yearly servers (VPS) from 2019 black friday, never an issue,
    i also have a monthly, naver an issus, may get one more monthly, Thank You VirMach.

==============

$97.27/yr - 1 GIGABIT

4 vCore
    12288MB RAM
    110GB SSD
    SEATTLE, WA
    12000GB Bandwidth
    1 IP

==============

$25.83/yr - 1 GIGABIT

4x vCPU
    2560MB RAM
    20GB SSD
    DALLAS, TX
    1500GB Bandwidth
    1 IP

==============
    $26.31/yr - 1 GIGABIT

4 vCore
    2816MB RAM
    20GB SSD
    SEATTLE, WA
    2000GB Bandwidth
    1 IP

==============

$25.22/yr - 1 GIGABIT

1 vCore
    1024MB RAM
    25GB SSD
    ATLANTA, GA
    1000GB Bandwidth
    1 IP

==============

$14.15/yr - 1 GIGABIT
    1 vCore
    2944MB RAM
    10GB SSD
    LOS ANGELES, CA
    3000GB Bandwidth
    1 IP

==============

$14.72/yr - 1 GIGABIT
    1 vCore
    2560MB RAM
    15GB SSD
    BUFFALO, NY
    2500GB Bandwidth
    1 IP

==============

$7.00/yr - 1 GIGABIT

1 vCore
    512MB RAM
    15GB SSD
    Atlanta, GA
    1000GB Bandwidth
    1 IP

==============

$5.00/yr

1 vCore
    2048MB RAM
    30GB SSD
    Los Angeles, CA
    400GB Bandwidth
    1 IP

==============

Thanked by 2VirMach Ganonk
  • @forces said:
    and its been 3 hours, my service still not getting provision
    dont bother

A whole 3 hours? Whatever will you do? There's a warning right at the top of the sale that says sometimes provisioning will take longer, and the billing server is currently on fire. Check back tonight, or in the morning, or go pay AWS prices if you expect AWS service.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@webmaster24 said: @VirMach It's ok, I was refreshing for one hour but could never have billing move over.

Btw, I've also been trying to add funds for future deals, can't add funds either...
    "https://billing.virmach.com/clientarea.php?action=addfunds"
    Cloudflare shows: error 524, host error.

What happened this year?
    I’ve been a customer and have picked up a few services over the last few years.
    The $8.88 deal was really good and I really wanted to pick it up. But it’s either some server issue or the aggressive cloudflare which rained on my intentions.

I’m not shitting on you, but genuinely curious.

Also, is the 8.88 deal happening again?

We're working on it. The server's not overloaded but something in the configuration is causing unexpectedly high TTFB.

@forces said: i had purchase 8.88 promo and paid, already 1.5hr and i did not see any service provided..

also, CF 524 is shown too often when i F5...
    i must say, as a new client, i am a wee bit uncomfortable having not even guarantee to enter client area and monitor if my service is provision.

Please provide your order ID and I can cancel the order and refund you since you are uncomfortable and the provisioning is taking too long for you.

@larmarat said: Is this normal for Virmach? I thought they were a good provider by how much some people go on about them around here. But everything in this thread seems a mess.

@forces said:
    it is a mess
    there are numerous flash sales happened during the past week
    no one, no one is as fubar as this
    telling us that the WHOLE world is rushing to buy your service isnt really a convincing excuse for the mess
    it sounds really arrogant, especially this

@VirMach said: All set, and you know what I'm putting the same sale that took us down at $20.07* for $8.88, that's how much more confident I am in this server. Now it's famous last words.

You're confusing arrogance with tongue-in-cheek sarcasm. In any case, I really do not want you to be forced into being part of this mess so my offer to refund you still stands should you wish to consider it.

@forces said:

@SirFoxy said: ppl commenting negative things about virmach need to understand they're a bottom of the barrel provider, the prices are cheap, it's mostly automated, and you can expect a mid to lower tier experience. in short it's good for the price but don't expect too much and it's fine.

@forces said: >

Did any of these other providers post an offer @ under $10 a year for 2GB~ RAM, with 2 cores and 45GB RAID 10 SSD, in Los Angeles, on a page that everyone is constantly refreshing, with 10,000 unique visitors every couple hours? We've received 50,000 requests in the last 30 minutes and made last-minute upgrades and we're looking to improve the situation.

@jugganuts said: I would love to buy but can't because iv been waiting for virmach to respond to my email over 2FA device lost and account recovery for over a month now.

@EHRA said:

@jugganuts said: virmach to respond to my email over 2FA device lost and account recovery for over a month now.

Jesus!

We have hundreds of these requests throughout the months and it's a lot of information that has to be verified to ensure account security. We can't spend a significant amount of time on these requests so they are attended to as we have spare time. Each request may take 15 to 30 minutes to process.

Other than that, it's 2FA, and customers are provided a backup code. If they lost it, they can consider themselves permanently locked out of their account. Of course, we can assist them as if they are an external party (so if a customer wants their card removed and provides proof of ownership we can remove that from any account which would effectively achieve being able to cancel a service, for example.)

Since we do not force 2FA onto people, we expect those who use it want maximum security and we cannot undermine it by doing quick resets without verifying every single piece of information, and we simply did not expect that high of a number of people to lose their 2FA after setting it up of their own free will, while also not taking it seriously enough to store their backup code in a secure location. We would not offer an option to enable 2FA if we knew these people would not write down their backup code or lose it.

@armandorg said: Seems i'm a bit late, but heck?

It means in the background the JSON that has the details isn't loading properly. We're working on it.

@forces said: and its been 3 hours, my service still not getting provision
    dont bother

If you would like quicker provisioning, please do not purchase a flash offer.

• ZA_capetownZA_capetown Member
    edited December 2020

FashionablyLate - But worth the wait...

Coming SOON™

• Virmach billing is unavailable, permanent errors: no database connection, cloudflare checking browser screen. There are no login, no payments, no account management! What's up?!
    Cyber Monday has been broken!

• @pbx said:
    This is so strange last years there was a shit ton of traffic and you had no problem handling it

In what universe do you live in, because it's not with the rest of us? You know the previous year is still documented on this very site, right?

Thanked by 1pbx
  • Virmach billing server is on fire!!! I can't even login to my clientarea :'(

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@netguy said: Virmach billing is unavailable, permanent errors: no database connection, cloudflare checking browser screen. There are no login, no payments, no account management! What's up?!

Cyber Monday has been broken!

Which database connection error are you receiving? These should not be happening anymore. Cloudflare checking browser is mostly lifted as well, which pages do you see it on?

• @VirMach said:

Any possibility of more Windows server this year? :)

• @VirMach said:

Which database connection error are you receiving?

I can't login - the page https://billing.virmach.com/clientarea.php isn't loading.
    Those errors I explaned above have existed during last 2 days - today and yestarday.
    DB: "Critical Error Could not connect to the database".