Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• @ZA_capetown said:
    @yoursunny - and there you went and broke it again? :neutral:
    :smiley:

Well, this is amazing. Billing system went back up and unsurprisingly, the "brief period of time" had passed and the invoice is again cancelled. Tried to add funds with PayPal and... you guessed it, 524!

/me bows to the Cloudflare lords

• ZA_capetownZA_capetown Member
    edited December 2020

Last year we got a custom/manual 502 flash deal added, I'm sure this time there will be a 524 one added! :smiley:

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@lowendboi said:

Well, this is amazing. Billing system went back up and unsurprisingly, the "brief period of time" had passed and the invoice is again cancelled. Tried to add funds with PayPal and... you guessed it, 524!

I paid $8.88.

/me bows to the Cloudflare lords

You should push-up to the Cloudflare and WHMCS lords.

@ZA_capetown said:
    Last year we got a custom/manual 502 flash deal added, I'm sure this time there will be a 524 one added! :smiley:

Virtualization KVM
    2 vCPU
    524 MB RAM
    54 GB SSD
    $5 /year
    Quantity 24

Anyway, if the $8.88 delivers as expected, I'm outta here because I run out of hostnames. I name my boxes vps0-vps9 and there's no more spot left until end of month.

Thanked by 1lowendboi
  • @VirMach I've been trying to renew my VPS due to today but the billing panel is down and now I'm banned for 1 hour "You're browsing our site too quickly, which resembles bot behavior. Please return in 1 hour. We apologize for the inconvenience."..
    How am I supposed to pay?

• Hi @VirMach ,

I was supposed to order single VPS.

However, I ordered 4 redundant VPS because I refreshed page when I got an error "Critical, Failed to connected to database". As well as some of them are auto-billed.

Please let me keep single one which I already paid. And cancel and refund others VPS which I not required.

ps: I opened a ticket #686243 yesterday.

Thanks and best regards.

• @Murata_Chink_Best if you happen to have $8.88/yr promo, let me have one.

• Oh wow, until now the billing panel still down :smiley:
    I think you should do something @VirMach

• @Murata_Chink_Best said:
    Hi @VirMach ,

I was supposed to order single VPS.

However, I ordered 4 redundant VPS because I refreshed page when I got an error "Critical, Failed to connected to database". As well as some of them are auto-billed.

Please let me keep single one which I already paid. And cancel and refund others VPS which I not required.

ps: I opened a ticket #686243 yesterday.

Thanks and best regards.

@Murata_Chink_Best Hello, if you have a redundant 8.88 vps, can you push one to me? I had been waiting for this a long time since their website crash down :)

Thx!!!

• @Murata_Chink_Best are these part of the $8.88/yr servers?

• cheez, I miss 2018 sales

• @DanSummer @DeninCA No, just regular 7$/year

• @DianTama said: until now the billing panel still down

Nope, was up for quite a few hours.

• Just paid invoice to renew last year's deal. Only 4 hours had left in expiry.

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@DianTama said: until now the billing panel still down

Nope, was up for quite a few hours.

oh wow,
    I think its only me who unlucky xD

• Reminds me when NCIX (now bankrupt Canadian computer chain that was #1 for years before Amazon) would crash hard on BF and boxing day. We're all like, "just take another server out from the back, FFS!" We could see from server numbers they'd add tens of servers and still crash.

• @TimboJones said:
    Reminds me when NCIX (now bankrupt Canadian computer chain that was #1 for years before Amazon) would crash hard on BF and boxing day. We're all like, "just take another server out from the back, FFS!" We could see from server numbers they'd add tens of servers and still crash.

Huh, I never thought about them for BF. I guess I missed my chance at that by a few years :P. I do miss their prices, though... sigh

Thanked by 1godslayer
  • ZA_capetownZA_capetown Member
    edited December 2020

Reminds me when NCIX (now bankrupt Canadian computer chain that was #1

I only know about NCIX because of Linus Tech Tips. :smiley:

Thanked by 2dTQzBen8 Daniel15
  • @TimboJones said:
    Reminds me when NCIX (now bankrupt Canadian computer chain that was #1 for years before Amazon) would crash hard on BF and boxing day. We're all like, "just take another server out from the back, FFS!" We could see from server numbers they'd add tens of servers and still crash.

Any Americans remember Woot and trying to buy their Bags of Crap? That was another thing that Amazon ruined.

• $10.91/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    640MB RAM
    1 vCORE
    10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    650GB BANDWIDTH
    DALLAS, TX LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Finally! It's rotating!

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

We're back, I think we made some meaningful improvements this time (hopefully.) Sorry for the lack of updates in the meantime, we've really been trying to catch up on tickets and dealing with an outage/fixes.

• @dTQzBen8 said:
    $10.91/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    640MB RAM
    1 vCORE
    10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    650GB BANDWIDTH
    DALLAS, TX LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Finally! It's rotating!

Yey, let's rock !!!! :smiley:

Thanked by 1dTQzBen8
  • Was able to load some credit in my account, let's go!

• @VirMach said:
    We're back, I think we made some meaningful improvements this time (hopefully.) Sorry for the lack of updates in the meantime, we've really been trying to catch up on tickets and dealing with an outage/fixes.

hopefully ?

great :D

• waiting for $8.88/yr epic deal coming up.

• It was just working.... and now 524: Timeout... rip Virmach. :(

Thanked by 1DianTama
  • @Edmond said:
    It was just working.... and now 524: Timeout... rip Virmach. :(

Yep... we like these deals too much. This WHMCS software sounds like something a middle school kid put together for a science project or something. Nobody actually pays for this crap, right? (j/k)

Thanked by 1Edmond

@char_dure said:

@VirMach said:

hopefully ?

great :D

There's only so much we can do in the situation and we've really exhausted everything at this point outside of WHMCS improving their code.

It's hard to portray it, but we're running 3x more efficiently than before maintenance and the settings are supposed to improve from here as the same visitors keep coming back.

@Edmond said: It was just working.... and now 524: Timeout... rip Virmach.

Depends on the page. Some of them will be much harder to load than others.

524 at this point just means it timed out because Cloudflare caps it at 100 seconds, and I do know some processes such as payments at this time may take longer since it introduces even more variables and it's already kind of slower than many other pages by default. All you'd need to do is just let it time out if it does, and the process will still complete on our end in many if not all cases. You just won't see the response back.

• Trying to access any product detail page returns 524 timeout as well, I guess it's one of those pages that is harder to load than others. :neutral:

Okay I'm falling asleep, let's do something exciting.

You have 30 minutes to vote.
    https://strawpoll.com/419ao3e2c

Thanked by 1user123

@ddhhz said: Trying to access any product detail page returns 524 timeout as well, I guess it's one of those pages that is harder to load than others.

Strange, I can't replicate that. Can you private message me the specific link/service and it's after 100 seconds of loading?