Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Management Software?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Management Software?

Does anyone know of a good software to manage multiple vps? Looking for like an dashboard style that can let me update packages, reboot and monitor them.

Comments

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited November 2020

I'm assuming by manage multiple VPS you mean as a client and not as a hosting provider; and also assuming what you want is something you can deploy on a single machine and manage other servers.

Then my answer would be Cockpit (although it is a bit barebones at the moment), Ansible is a great tool as well.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

My buddy is using tmux to type the same command into four machines simultaneously. This is suitable if you get the boxes at the same time and want to do exactly same operations for once.

More serious usage needs Ansible. It's based on "expected state". For example, you can define "nginx-light should exist, and apache2 should not exist", and then Ansible would execute necessary installation or uninstallation commands to make it happen.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2020

@Reaperofpower said:
    Does anyone know of a good software to manage multiple vps? Looking for like an dashboard style that can let me update packages, reboot and monitor them.

For 5 servers this is Free :smile:

https://setupserver.io/

But honestly, I'd recommend you to setup something like ..

OS + centminmod / configserver ( for VPS functions )
    Monitor it via NodeQuery

EE is also an interesting project : https://easyengine.io/

( Please excuse me if i misunderstood your requirement )

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

OP bought too much during BF LOL