Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crissic - Pretty bad service and support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crissic - Pretty bad service and support

NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

So I previously recommended those guys here and over "the other" board, but I need to refrain from my words:

TL;DR:
Me: IPv6 down for several days, IPv4 a hit or miss sometimes, can you take a look?
Crissic: We're not presently showing any issues, but IPv6 isn't a guarantee, have you tried IPv4?
Me: You advertise native IPv6, so give me IPv6 connectivity. I have problems with IPv4 too from time to time.
Crissic: We offer IPv6 as-is, it is not guaranteed. Okay, maybe IPv6 isn't working, but we haven't had report of other issuses! Have you tried turning it off and on?
Me: My assigned IPv6 addresses are NOT routed. Please, give me a refund.
Crissic: Okay, the subnet previously assigned to the node isn't routed at the moment. But here you have a new one! Anyway, IPv6 isn't something we can guarantee.
Me: Your upstream got HE, nLayer, Telia, Atrato, RETN... seriously? And why I got new addresses on a new subnet? The previous was working days ago! Seriously, I want a refund if as YOU said you can't guarantee the advertised service.
Crissic: Oh, I miss-spoke about that, two times. We can guarantee that now, no refund for you.

Ticket proof:
http://cl.ly/image/2v3R3X2B3J27

I got other minor problem with them too, but I am bored about it to extend more. Yeah, I got IPv6 for now, but I don't want to be with a provider like that anymore.

Thanked by 1nonuby

Comments

• Let the drama begin.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • I'm having a problem with disk io. Installing nginx took 30minutes. And load raising to 2.

Sent a ticket but no reply, so I just closed it.

The only wat to attract their attention is to run litecoin mining, and it just suspended immediately.

• ups, there something have to be consider. if they cant gurantee their service so why they sell out with advert

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    The only wat to attract their attention is to run litecoin mining, and it just suspended immediately.

Not the best way to act, that doesn't help anyone.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited November 2013

-Looks like they've fixed the problems. :) -

Edit: Also, you might want to blank out your name on that image.

@CastleServers said:
    Edit: Also, you might want to blank out your name on that image.

Thanks for advising, but not really, I am ok with identifying myself :)

• If I recall correctly they just had a fairly large sale... The reality is whenever a company has a large sale support goes downhill for a few days to a week or so. It looks like they handled it in a fairly professional manner.

Granted there are some things they could have handled better, but most companies have small flaws like that. I'd say wait a few weeks, request something else and see how it goes... if it's a non-stop wall of irritation then sure I'd say switch to someone else. It's easy for providers to make mistakes while they have 200+ tickets pouring in every hour.

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • wow, odd to hear ive had nothing but good results in getting tickets resolved by them. they stoped responding to you?

• Hmm.. they had some decent sales going on, was going to try them out cause they gave out like 2 IP's.. but maybe I will pass.

• JerryHouJerryHou Member
    edited November 2013

"our infrastructure has recently improved dramatically"

Was it trying to say "significantly"?

• @BlueVM said:
    If I recall correctly they just had a fairly large sale... The reality is whenever a company has a large sale support goes downhill for a few days to a week or so. It looks like they handled it in a fairly professional manner.

Granted there are some things they could have handled better, but most companies have small flaws like that. I'd say wait a few weeks, request something else and see how it goes... if it's a non-stop wall of irritation then sure I'd say switch to someone else. It's easy for providers to make mistakes while they have 200+ tickets pouring in every hour.

Now I understand why I didn't get any useful help from bluevm level 1 support in 4 days after my purchase. Like the Chinese community says bluevm is good if you can leave your new purchase there for a few months till they fix glitches, then you good to go. xD I'm glad I only waited for 4days.

@BlueVM said:
    If I recall correctly they just had a fairly large sale... The reality is whenever a company has a large sale support goes downhill for a few days to a week or so. It looks like they handled it in a fairly professional manner.

Granted there are things they could have handled better, but most companies have small flaws like that. I'd say wait a few weeks, request something else and see how it goes... if it's a non-stop wall of irritation then sure I'd say switch to someone else. It's easy for providers to make mistakes while they have 200+ tickets pouring in every hour.

I had been with them for two months. I don't think it is professional to have the IPv6 network down for four days on the node (I am making an assumption here) and not noticing. Or just saying you aren't aware of a problem and suggesting the customer to just use IPv4 when you advertise native IPv6 as a selling point.

I wasn't happy either when I got assigned new addresses without prior notice or explanation (especially when they own their subnets).

• @kyaky - I presume the issues you were experiencing have been resolved?

--
    Not intending to hijack the thread...

• @BlueVM said:
    kyaky - I presume the issues you were experiencing have been resolved?

--
    Not intending to hijack the thread...

Solved a few weeks ago. Thanks . I'm just saying leb is a better place to get things solved quick and nice. If I knew u were helping here, i wouldn't open any ticket xD

• @Nyr said:

I'll go ahead and apologize for my handling of this ticket, today has been a really busy day and I've been flustered with some other issues so I was quickly responding to the ticket rather than trying to make sure that the situation was handled appropriately and professionally.

The issue with your specific subnet is entirely on our setup side of things. Long story short 2602:ffea::/36 is our subnet, we currently have bound 2602:ffea:a::/48 for Crissic VPS, 2602:ffea:b::/48 and 2602:ffea:c::/48 are for other clients with their own hardware under our network. For some reason 2602:ffea:c:: had 2-3 IP's in the system, which had been assigned to your specific container as it assigns randomly, and we didn't catch that the 2602:ffea:c:: was incorrectly in the system with a handful of IPs.

Now this hasn't been an issue for weeks simply because we had 1 big vLan for everything -- we've recently done some internal infrastructure upgrades to keep each client's IPv4 and IPv6 in it's own private vLan, to prevent potential cross-binding issues and to keep things appropriately segregated as we expand more into Dedicated and Colocation services.

The reason this specific issue wasn't "detected" is because it ultimately only impacted your specific container, and we hadn't realized the mistake until your ticket was opened today. Again I handled the ticket entirely incorrectly, and for that I do apologize.

The comments regarding IPv6 connectivity guarantees was entirely innaccurate and miss-placed. We have been known for fast response times and professional service, and I entirely dropped the ball with your ticket.

We do not typically offer refunds on services beyond our 10-day refund window, but I am willing to offer a pro-rated refund for the remaining period on your account. At no point in time did I state that we wouldn't offer a refund, I was simply aiming at resolving the specific issue rather than going the route of a refund.

Thanked by 2talsit Jade_G
  • Crissic handled the situation very well. I don't imagine many providers would offer a pro-rated refund after the initial refund window over IPV6 being unavailable for X days.

• nonubynonuby Member
    edited November 2013

@BlueVM said:

Wow strange definition of professional, and what "wait a few weeks" ?

Why is it that is usually competing hosting companies themselves that try to pull down expectations to the cesspit in face of clear "issues" with a competitor?

If the scenario you present is a known given like you suggest, "sale = shit service for everyone new and old" why do hosts follow this route? Why do customers tolerate it?

If IPv6 is hit and miss [on your part - not referring to worldwide adoption] then don't advertise it, simple, equally I dont see how infrastructure dramatically improved in 61minutes.

IPV6 being unavailable for X days.

If someone running services over ipv6 then a few days downtime its hardly a trivial hiccup. Again if you can't offer it then don't advertise it, or put "* alpha, unsupported, liable to vanish for few days, not really on our radar" next to it.

On the plus side, SkyLar's response here is actually acknowledging the issue and accepting the issue, I can't fault that.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • nonuby said: ... If someone running services over ipv6 then a few days downtime its hardly a trivial hiccup. Again if you can't offer it then don't advertise it, or put "* alpha, unsupported, liable to vanish for few days, not really on our radar" next to it. ...

This is what BudgetVM needs to do... I ordered one of their services, was promised IPv6, waited days for IPv6, and finally they told me it wasn't available/was alpha. Don't promote something as a selling feature if you aren't prepared to support it. There is no good reason IPv6 transit should be unavailable for even hours at a time.

• @nonuby - I'm not stating that support will be "shit" as you put it, I'm sating that a little patience during sale times goes a long way. I don't expect customers to wait a few weeks, I expect them to wait a day or two at most when they have an issue they can't solve, but doesn't impact their VPS's uptime.

I expect hosts to acknowledge an issue and work with the customer in a timely manner to resolve issues. One day is in my opinion a completely acceptable amount of time for a customer to wait for a non-emergency resolution during a sale which was the case here. That's the only reason I made my post.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2013

BlueVM said: doesn't impact their VPS's uptime.

So you consider non-functioning network as an issue "not impacting VPS uptime", how interesting.
    And no, "just connect over IPv4" may not be a solution for a multitude of reasons.

Generally, wtf with this attitude of "come on give them a break wait a few days/weeks/months".
    Maybe the provider will "wait" with charging user for the service too, in that case?

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • it impact's the OP's uptime. cant reach his network by ipv6

• nonubynonuby Member
    edited November 2013

@BlueVM said:
    nonuby - I'm not stating that support will be "shit" as you put it, I'm sating that a little patience during sale times goes a long way. I don't expect customers to wait a few weeks, I expect them to wait a day or two at most when they have an issue they can't solve, but doesn't impact their VPS's uptime.

I expect hosts to acknowledge an issue and work with the customer in a timely manner to resolve issues. One day is in my opinion a completely acceptable amount of time for a customer to wait for a non-emergency resolution during a sale which was the case here. That's the only reason I made my post.

If a customer is using ipv6 one day (or one hour) downtime is not acceptable, 'waiting a few days' for a resolution due to a poorly planned sale is neither. Is there an assumption that ipv6 going offline for any period of time is "non-emergency"?, I'm sorry but I'd have to presume otherwise unless the customer explicitly notes it's not important to them. If I dual stack my website and my DNS gives out A and AAAA, then a pair of eyeballs on a ipv6 network gets my ipv6 address and you stop routing it without telling me (or worse downplay the issue) then I'm going to be pretty pissed*.. Look, it's not rocket science, if all your ipv6 implementations are a joke, or you implicitly consider it experimental without realizing the consequences (without blaming worldwide adoption - that's a different issue), then don't advertise ipv6!

* even if some recent browsers fall back to ipv4 after successful dns res http://imgur.com/fEM4f2j a >25second delay you might as well be down.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited November 2013

@rm_ - I consider IPv6 to be an auxiliary service at this point in time no matter who provides it. I'm unaware of any web based services which are only connectable via IPv6. If the user had bought an IPv6 only VPS, absolutely I'd consider it an essential service day one, minute one.

World wide IPv6 adoption is at 2%. I'm probably coming off as a jerk at this point. My intent isn't to offend anyone, but we are talking about $5 a month vps (in a computer related field). Nothing ever works right the first try... give your provider 24 hours to fix an issue when you first buy a VPS, then ask for credit for the delay once they fix it.

• @BlueVM said:
    World wide IPv6 adoption is at 2%. I'm probably coming off as a jerk at this point.

And you're not helping.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

BlueVM said: I consider IPv6 to be an auxiliary service

BlueVM said: we are talking about $5 a month vps

BlueVM said: Nothing ever works right the first try

OK I will keep these points in mind when considering whether or not to use BlueVM services.

• nonubynonuby Member
    edited November 2013

@BlueVM said:
    rm_ - I consider IPv6 to be an auxiliary service at this point in time no matter who provides it. I'm unaware of any web based services which are only connectable via IPv6. If the user had bought an IPv6 only VPS, absolutely I'd consider it an essential service day one, minute one.

World wide IPv6 adoption is at 2%. I'm probably coming off as a jerk at this point. My intent isn't to offend anyone, but we are talking about $5 a month vps (in a computer related field). Nothing ever works right the first try... give your provider 24 hours to fix an issue when you first buy a VPS.

If you've dual stacked, and your DNS hands me a AAAA, then as noted above with presentation I link then you might as well be down for an ipv6 eyeballs. If the attitude to IPv6 is "auxiliary service" then it should be noted as such, $5 a month or not, set realistic expectations for your customers and you won't get these complaints (implicitly assuming ipv6 isnt important puts you in these situations). In summary I think a large part of the problem here is hosts dont understand how customers are using ipv6 and thus make assumptions that it's not important (whilst advertising it on frontpage of course).

Thanked by 1lbft
  • @nonuby said:
    In summary I think a large part of the problem here is hosts dont understand how customers are using ipv6 and thus make assumptions that it's not important (whilst advertising it on frontpage of course).

An advertised feature is an advertised feature. It should be available. The cost is what's set and agreed on mutual. Nothing to do with that.

• @rm_ said:
    OK I will keep these points in mind when considering whether or not to use BlueVM services.

I learned a lot today

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @concerto49 said:

Agreed, I was just trying to possible unravel why some hosts have such a blasé attitude to something they promote as a core feature.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited November 2013

@rm_ - I accept the fact that my views may not be popular, they're just my opinions and I don't use my opinions when making business decisions (or at least I try not to). I apologize if you felt like I was trying to say that I don't feel my customers services are important. I do care about my users, their vps, their projects and their problems... that's pretty much my mission from sun up to sun down, in the middle of the night, whenever... it's all I do.

The biggest thing I've learned to date is that no matter how hard you try, no matter how many steps you take to make sure problems don't happen: Something is always bound to go wrong somewhere down the road.

I'll be the first to admit I don't know what my customers would use IPv6 for, perhaps some of you can help me understand what you would be using it for... To date I've seen it primarily used for IRC and for an alternative webserver connection method.

This discussion has been closed.