Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Petition to break CM thread deals into Regions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Petition to break CM thread deals into Regions

HxxxHxxx Member
edited November 2020 in General

Mr. @jbiloh
I believe it would be more effective and efficient to break down deals thread , the one for CM into different posts/threads . I.E: NA, Europe, Asia.

Less waste of time.

Maybe the community can provide some input about it and support or deny the idea.
For instance a customer like me who doesn't care about any offer out of NA can just look that specific NA thread.

CM segments threads
  1. Should CM thread be divided into regions?51 votes
    1. Agree
      52.94%
    2. Disagree
      47.06%

Comments

• OujiOuji Member
    edited November 2020

So for providers with servers in all three regions, they would need to make three threads and follow all of them at the same time.

I'd just argue that putting a tag in the title with the regions they are offering server might be better and still helpful. Some providers already do that, but not all.

Thanked by 3raynor user123 Andrews
  • Probably just better for the provider to mention their available location(s) in the title as it generally attracts more attention anyway when you have users looking for something location specific

Thanked by 1user123
  • RedSoxRedSox Member
    edited November 2020

Nice idea. As for me, it was hard and took a lot of time to read all the sale posts with VM from regions I was not interested in :/

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

It would be better if each provider had its own BF/CM thread so you know wher eyou are and with each provider giving the locations.

• Not for me; I don't really care about locations, so tracking one thread is at least easier than tracking multiple threads.

• A petition? Is it binding?

You could always suggest, or ask or volunteer to jump on board and help; or if you are really motivated start your own website.

• I personally am just grateful and thankful to have this as a resource.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited November 2020
    Thanked by 1imok
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited November 2020

It's a big World out there..
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=BxHyliIspkA

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@darb said:
    A petition? Is it binding?

You could always suggest, or ask or volunteer to jump on board and help; or if you are really motivated start your own website.

lowendidle.com

• @Hxxx said:
    Mr. @jbiloh
    I believe it would be more effective and efficient to break down deals thread , the one for CM into different posts/threads . I.E: NA, Europe, Asia.

Less waste of time.

Maybe the community can provide some input about it and support or deny the idea.
    For instance a customer like me who doesn't care about any offer out of NA can just look that specific NA thread.

Maybe you should volunteer to do that and help @FAT32 out, since you seem to have way too much time on your hands?

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited November 2020

It can be done easily with an HTML table , datatables.net sorting, filtering and a simple back-end with some basic PHP and MySQL. So you would have a single place for all offers, but that's not what I'm mentioning. Not sure why you would understand something different from what was suggested or put to vote. Doesn't mean it was going or is going to be implemented.

You see, LET is a business, you might think is a community but is far more than that. We don't have the numbers $, but ads are not posted freely on that nice side bar o in the footer. The more visits you receive **the more you can upsell the ads placement. So I'm pretty sure the better they present the content the more **beneficial.

I'm not saying @FAT32 or the others distinguished community member are doing anything wrong. In fact they are doing an amazing job. Kuddos to them. Hopefully the boss can give them some incentive.

But now open your limited mind @K4Y5 and think about the structure of the content. We have one thread full of random comments, gifs, and all kind of things that could be considered spam. And then we have the nice offers FAT32 is posting.

1- It would have been better if all the postings in that thread were from FAT32 or the other members / providers posting offers. No memes or random stuff. Then maybe instead of 1K pages on the paging we could have 3 or 4 nice pages of actual offers. Do you see now?

2- I suggested something and put it to vote to know what the community thinks. Some actually commented good ideas , some mentioned the issues with offers having multiple regions and some suggested good solutions. Those solutions maybe could be considered for the future.

3- In general @K4Y5 you are missing the point, actually the idea was to optimize so that **us **busy viewers that only have a few minutes can scroll easily the offers.

GG

• @Hxxx said:
    It can be done easily with an HTML table , datatables.net sorting, filtering and a simple back-end with some basic PHP and MySQL. So you would have a single place for all offers, but that's not what I'm mentioning. Not sure why you would understand something different from what was suggested or put to vote. Doesn't mean it was going or is going to be implemented.

You see, LET is a business, you might think is a community but is far more than that. We don't have the numbers $, but ads are not posted freely on that nice side bar o in the footer. The more visits you receive **the more you can upsell the ads placement. So I'm pretty sure the better they present the content the more **beneficial.

I'm not saying @FAT32 or the others distinguished community member are doing anything wrong. In fact they are doing an amazing job. Kuddos to them. Hopefully the boss can give them some incentive.

But now open your limited mind @K4Y5 and think about the structure of the content. We have one thread full of random comments, gifs, and all kind of things that could be considered spam. And then we have the nice offers FAT32 is posting.

1- It would have been better if all the postings in that thread were from FAT32 or the other members / providers posting offers. No memes or random stuff. Then maybe instead of 1K pages on the paging we could have 3 or 4 nice pages of actual offers. Do you see now?

2- I suggested something and put it to vote to know what the community thinks. Some actually commented good ideas , some mentioned the issues with offers having multiple regions and some suggested good solutions. Those solutions maybe could be considered for the future.

3- In general @K4Y5 you are missing the point, actually the idea was to optimize so that **us **busy viewers that only have a few minutes can scroll easily the offers.

GG

This is still pretty much a volunteer driven exercise and based on community interaction. Take the GIFs, memes and banter out, and you may as well push an RSS feed with said offers. But then again, that's all my limited mind can think of at this hour.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited November 2020

Ok let me tell you why we do it this way. LET megathread have a tradition to mix the deals, the comments, the GIFs, the interactions together.

This is a fun way to celebrate and also from time to time there's hidden links / easter egg in the GIF. I am trying to make it more organised but in a way try not to lose this tradition.

Of course, it is not hard to build a site, but we don't want to lose the tradition. In fact, I think I kinda screw up this time because not many good providers use the megathread to share some crazy deals (outside of my flash deals)

Thanked by 4Hxxx imok K4Y5 user123
  • @FAT32 said:
    Ok let me tell you why we do it this way. LET megathread have a tradition to mix the deals, the comments, the GIFs, the interactions together.

This is a fun way to celebrate and also from time to time there's hidden links / easter egg in the GIF. I am trying to make it more organised but in a way try not to lose this tradition.

Of course, it is not hard to build a site, but we don't want to lose the tradition. In fact, I think I kinda screw up this time because not many good providers use the megathread to share some crazy deals (outside of my flash deals)

We appreciate you organizing it. It's nice to have both :).

Thanked by 1Hxxx