Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

yet-another-bench-script - "iperf3" show "busy". is it bad?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

yet-another-bench-script - "iperf3" show "busy". is it bad?

jokotanjokotan Member
edited November 2020 in Help

I want to move with my sensitive to performance and network resources from dadi to some vps provider. I'm already have one VPS at this provider. And while I make this difficult decision I start some "Yet-Another-Bench-Script" some times on my existed vps. As a result it show "busy" on send to "online net Paris" and next time on recv "Clouvider". Is it bad sign?

Comments

• No,

that's not bad. It just shows, that someone else is currently using the iperf3 server you're trying to use.

Just try again at a later point, when it's available again.

No worries - it's fine.

Enjoy your service & make sure to share your YABS bench! <3

Thanked by 1jokotan
  • jokotanjokotan Member
    edited November 2020

@benj0x Thank you very much :+1:

Don't want to create another thread. What you (all) can say about my decision to move from dadi to vps (it will be 4x vps infrastructure). And this structure wins by test performance from my dadi by hdd access time and 100 mbits channel vs gigabits, but I'm still not sure...

Worry about such a big move. And vps... it's not dadi... Something can go wrong? :-)

• @jokotan said:
    @benj0x Thank you very much :+1:

Don't want to create another thread. What you (all) can say about my decision to move from dadi to vps (it will be 4x vps infrastructure). And this structure wins by test performance from my dadi by hdd access time and 100 mbits channel vs gigabits, but I'm still not sure...

Worry about such a big move. And vps... it's not dadi... Something can go wrong? :-)

Can be good and bad, all depends on your VPS provider and how well managed it is, not oversold etc - If performance seems good and stable it could even outperform your dedi depending on specs. A VPS can be a lot more flexible as well depending on the provider.

Thanked by 1jokotan