Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• I made the purchase. Thank you very much for the promotion, it exceeded my expectations.

• Hoped to see for me

1 core
    2 GB RAM
    0.5 TB HDD

and for my friend

1 core
    1 GB RAM
    0.5 TB HDD

I'll come back tomorrow maybe Abdullah be so nice to make these offers for people

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • ordered mine already. Making sure I got in before abdulla drops the hammer due to OOS.

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2020

@yolo_me said:
    Damn this is pretty good. @Abdullah is it possible to move servers mid-service? let's say I want to move from chicago to london after 6 months? I'm asking because I don't know which location is optimal for my traffic.

We cannot move locations unfortunately. Please see the looking glasses to test network.

@yolo_me said:
    @Abdullah do you allow if I use it as seedbox for private tracker? Do you also suggest using a server outside USA to be away from uncle sam's reach?

We are not the most torrent-friendly provider nor do we want that reputation. But yes, you can as long as there are no abuse reports. I don't think the location makes a difference.

@thole said: 1TB is for both in+out traffic right?

We always count in+out.

The server will be stopped until 1st of next month, or until you purchase more bandwidth.

@sonic said:
    @Abdullah said: If you decide to get at least one NVMe VM in each of our locations, you will get 30% off your order.

How many locations? 15?

At least all of the currently available ones (if not the pre-order ones). These deals are already very (very) good imo (I don't think anyone did better this BF?) so we cannot just throw out another 30% off for nothing.

@JoeMerit said: @Abdullah does Chicago still have free 40gbit ddos protection?

Yes, although we've stopped marketing it since it adds manual effort for us. But yes.

@pullangcubo said:
    @Abdullah, can you please expound on your policy or fine print regarding CPU usage, especially since the 3-CPU core plan is labeled as 100% dedicated and burstable up to 300% (e.g. is it truly dedicated cores, how long can we burst, do you throttle CPU or just outright stop servers when we exceed allowances, etc.).

To put it simply: you are paying only for your dedicated % of the CPU. Anything on top is complimentary. At least that is how it is when the day comes. There are no hard rules on this - other than the fact that you should not run a service that constantly uses more than your dedicated share of the CPU.

In practice though, we very rarely limit customers since we have balanced out nodes with low overall CPU usage.

To explain the terminology.

We consider 100% to be one core. So, 1/3 of your cores are dedicated. 2/3 are there if you need them sometimes.

We won't shutdown your server, we will only throttle you to the dedicated limit if we really need to.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Abdullah said: Yes, most of the new locations are I believe. We usually add a second (backup) transit once we grow in each location a little bit.

I know they get a lot of hate for having 700 strange VPN companies on their network - but we have nothing but positive experience for many years. We also use different routes in several locations as compared to their "problematic" customers and disable some of the lower quality stuff.

And we can change any routes you want changed that you might not be able to get them to do directly. I know you know your network stuff so please feel free to reach out if I can make anything better for you network-wise.

Thanks for the response, I'll grab a VM. Those deals are just crazy.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited November 2020

@Nyr said:

Thanks for the response, I'll grab a VM. Those deals are just crazy.

+1

blackfriday. finally. thanks!

edit: actually +2 ... at least...

• benj0xbenj0x Member
    edited November 2020

Hi Abdullah,
    are you able to match these 2 sentences from your last 2019 BF sales:

Note2: Servers can be upgraded with chunks after the promotion period at the same pricing, as long as the server was ordered within the promotional period. Depends on availability.

Example: A plan with 4 CPU cores, 12 TB storage, 36 TB bandwidth will cost $29.5 per month. You can calculate your own pricing and add more or less chunks to the original base plan.

I'd really appreciate if you'd do so. That's only stopping me from ordering so far.

and:

Is internal traffic, between servers in the same location, zero-rated?

Thanked by 1limited

For the couple guys who opened emergency tickets for deploying VMs in Hong Kong (which is on pre-order.....)

https://media.makeameme.org/created/pls-no-khfvhy.jpg

Thanked by 3Falzo kalimov622 bdl
  • @Abdullah said:

@pullangcubo said:
    @Abdullah, can you please expound on your policy or fine print regarding CPU usage, especially since the 3-CPU core plan is labeled as 100% dedicated and burstable up to 300% (e.g. is it truly dedicated cores, how long can we burst, do you throttle CPU or just outright stop servers when we exceed allowances, etc.).

To put it simply: you are paying only for your dedicated % of the CPU. Anything on top is complimentary. At least that is how it is when the day comes. There are no hard rules on this - other than the fact that you should not run a service that constantly uses more than your dedicated share of the CPU.

In practice though, we very rarely limit customers since we have balanced out nodes with low overall CPU usage.

We consider 100% to be one core. So, 1/3 of your cores are dedicated. 2/3 are there if you need them sometimes.

We won't shutdown your server, we will only throttle you to the dedicated limit if we really need to.

Thanks for the info! The reason I ask is I'm mulling about using it for a Plex installation, and with your clarification, I do think Plex with transcoding would be a nice use case for this servers, right?

One last question: can we upgrade further in the future for more than 3 CPU cores?

• @Abdullah said:
    For the couple guys who opened emergency tickets for deploying VMs in Hong Kong (which is on pre-order.....)

lol!

• More unbeatable deals -- I can't resist! Thank you @Abdullah!

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • As for me, not a good idea to use Plex with transcoding on a VPS. Only direct play.

• @pullangcubo said: I do think Plex with transcoding would be a nice use case for this servers, right?

Transcoding is CPU intensive.

• Really nice deals. But please help me guys in picking a non-US location based on your experiences. I have already had stable services from HostHatch in AMS & Stockholm so I know they are a safe bet. But apart from these which one will you pick out of: Zurich, Oslo, Vienna, Warsaw & London (based on good network & uptime) ?

• $30 for 8gb ram in Asia?
    You are the king!

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • SnachoSnacho Member
    edited November 2020

These offers are awesome. Thank you. Will get some

edited November 2020

@benj0x said:
    Hi Abdullah,
    are you able to match these 2 sentences from your last 2019 BF sales:

Note2: Servers can be upgraded with chunks after the promotion period at the same pricing, as long as the server was ordered within the promotional period. Depends on availability.

Example: A plan with 4 CPU cores, 12 TB storage, 36 TB bandwidth will cost $29.5 per month. You can calculate your own pricing and add more or less chunks to the original base plan.

I'd really appreciate if you'd do so. That's only stopping me from ordering so far.

and:

Is internal traffic, between servers in the same location, zero-rated?

I think the difference is only monthly > quarterly? It is not really nice to have short-term customers on these storage plans, so we are not doing monthly for now. We're also not German so we don't do the "yearly contract and monthly payment" and send collection after you.

Yes, internal traffic is free.

@bdl said:

An additional 10% discount applies if you order them in at least two (or more) locations. And before you ask, no, it is not possible to do it in the same location/server.

I've got identical services in London and Chicago from prior BF, is the 10% discount applicable to a third service purchased today or do all three have to be new services for discount?

The new service will qualify for the 10% discount.

@pullangcubo said:
    Thanks for the info! The reason I ask is I'm mulling about using it for a Plex installation, and with your clarification, I do think Plex with transcoding would be a nice use case for this servers, right?

One last question: can we upgrade further in the future for more than 3 CPU cores?

If you are planning to run 300% consistent usage on a 100% dedicated plan, it is not going to end well. If you will limit your consistent usage to 100%, it should be fine. If you want to use 300%, you can combine 3 of these servers to get 300% dedicated CPU.

Hope that makes sense.

@akb said:
    Really nice deals. But please help me guys in picking a non-US location based on your experiences. I have already had stable services from HostHatch in AMS & Stockholm so I know they are a safe bet. But apart from these which one will you pick out of: Zurich, Oslo, Vienna, Warsaw & London (based on good network & uptime) ?

Zurich has 353 days, 100% uptime according to my stats. But probably going to jinx it by saying that outloud :)

Problems can happen anywhere at any time to be honest - I wouldn't say one location is better than the other in uptime since that might change the next hour.

Thanked by 3pullangcubo bdl benj0x
  • Hi Abdullah,

the only interesting thing for myself was, if there are being CPU cores added when stacking this add-on things.

Appreciate your deals and what you're doing:

Therefore I ordered!

@benj0x said:
    Hi Abdullah,

the only interesting thing for myself was, if there are being CPU cores added when stacking this add-on things.

Ah yes that is no different than before. CPU cores are added on every 3 chunks.

Thanked by 2benj0x Snacho
  • @pullangcubo said:

@Abdullah said:

@pullangcubo said:

Why not do Plex direct traffic?

• @Abdullah any hint about when you are planning to do the flash sale thingies?

edited November 2020

@Falzo said:
    @Abdullah any hint about when you are planning to do the flash sale thingies?

Likely in the morning of CET. Anything particular of interest?

Those will be with direct order URLs btw - so we can easily control stock/time limits.

Thanked by 2Falzo vyas11
  • We are not the most torrent-friendly provider nor do we want that reputation. But yes, you can as long as there are no abuse reports. I don't think the location makes a difference.

@Abdullah does that mean users are shielded by DMCA complaints? Worst case would be we will have servers terminated right? Just to give you a context I've been using private VPS as seedboxes for 10 years now and never got a DMCA complaint even once. So I'm not really looking to abuse the service. I just need a snappy one.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited November 2020

@Abdullah said:

@Falzo said:
    @Abdullah any hint about when you are planning to do the flash sale thingies?

Likely in the morning of CET. Anything particular of interest?

NYC & London...
    something along the lines of 3vcore, 6GB, 100GB (ssd/cached?)

PS: morning hours CET sounds perfectly fine, will have a nap till then - thanks again for bringing the real deals!

Thanked by 1hosthatch

@yolo_me said:

We are not the most torrent-friendly provider nor do we want that reputation. But yes, you can as long as there are no abuse reports. I don't think the location makes a difference.

@Abdullah does that mean users are shielded by DMCA complaints? Worst case would be we will have servers terminated right? Just to give you a context I've been using private VPS as seedboxes for 10 years now and never got a DMCA complaint even once. So I'm not really looking to abuse the service. I just need a snappy one.

We forward all DMCA/other abuse reports to you and ask you to take care of them within 24h. But we're not really looking to deal with a lot of DMCA complaints on these plans.

Worst case scenario is that we'll ask you to find another provider at some point if you keep getting repeated reports.

• @Abdullah said: 3 CPU core (100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%)

16 GB RAM
    80 GB RAID-10 NVMe
    10 TB bandwidth (1.5 TB in Hong Kong and Sydney)
    $60 per year

check #889431

Thanks

• yfansyfans Member
    edited November 2020

Do you have a discount for storage packages below 1TB? For example, 17 dollars / year, 15 dollars / year @Abdullah

• @Abdullah opened a ticket.

• Grab one, 3CPU, 16GB RAM, 80GB NVMe only 60USD, really crazy deals. B)

• Hi @Abdullah

Can you provide test IP or looking glass for Sydney / Hongkong?

Thanked by 1Ganonk