Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
edited December 2020 in Offers

All deals are sold out. Please do not add any new credit to your account to order any of these promotions, as this will be non-refundable. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi guys

Sorry for the delay in getting these deals out to you. Hope you will like them.

The promotions applies to all of our locations, and we are also introducing multiple new locations for our KVM NVMe servers. Warsaw and Sydney is live starting today. Hong Kong, Milan and Madrid will also be launched in the next couple of weeks. We can take pre-orders for these locations if you are keen, but guaranteed delivery will be December 31st.

Please carefully read the specifications and delivery ETAs before ordering. All payments are final.

Let’s start with the storage VMs. They are based on RAID-50/60 with SSD caching. As many of you already know, these are reliable, high performing storage plans. You won't find any days where you can't pull/push at least a whole gigabit to or from the internet. You can expect consistent, high performance, all year round, but keep in mind that these are for mass storage and not heavy compute. Abuse will be dealt with very efficiently.

Storage deals:
Available in: Chicago, London, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Los Angeles

1x 2.4+ GHz
3 GB RAM
3 TB usable storage
9 TB bandwidth
$84 per year
Add more resources for $30 per year per chunk. Each chunk is 1 GB RAM, 1 TB storage and 3 TB bandwidth. Up to 30 TB storage per VM. This pricing is only for servers created during the promotion. We can do quarterly billing cycle for servers larger than 5 TB.

Existing customers from the past two years' Black Friday deals can upgrade to these plans. Just send in a ticket. We love you.

An additional 10% discount applies if you order them in at least two (or more) locations. And before you ask, no, it is not possible to do it in the same location/server.

You can add or remove chunks and calculate pricing yourself linearly. It will be too complex if I start writing out all the possible configurations :)
This is the most reliable, high performing storage you can find on the market (compared to any Kimsufi deals and such), AND we beat them on price.

If you find a better quality/cost ratio, please let us know. We have hundreds of TBs available to deploy with a minute's notice.

You can likely get two of these in different locations, still come cheaper than most backup services, and have far more reliability/control over your data by replicating it.

1x 2.4+ GHz
1 GB RAM
1 TB usable storage
3 TB bandwidth
$40 per year
Additional 10% discount if you order them in at least two (or more) locations.

NVMe deals:
Available in: Amsterdam, Stockholm, Los Angeles, Zurich, Oslo, Vienna, Warsaw, London, Chicago, New York and Sydney (Hong Kong, Madrid and Milan can be pre-ordered, but delivery will be by December 31st).

1 CPU core (12.5% dedicated, burstable up to 100%)
2 GB RAM
20 GB RAID-10 NVMe
2 TB bandwidth (500 GB in Hong Kong and Sydney)
$15 per year

2 CPU core (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
8 GB RAM 
40 GB RAID-10 NVMe
5 TB bandwidth (1 TB in Hong Kong and Sydney)
$30 per year

3 CPU core (100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%)
16 GB RAM
80 GB RAID-10 NVMe
10 TB bandwidth (1.5 TB in Hong Kong and Sydney)
$60 per year

I know you guys are going to complain about the low bandwidth allotment in Sydney and Hong Kong. If you see someone providing cheaper for the same price, please let me know and we will see what we can do.

All of our nodes have 10 GbE public + 10 GbE private with jumbo frames. So for example - you can use a NVMe + storage server in combination by mounting the disk over the private network. It will be higher performance than most 'block storage' products out there, likely cheaper, and you get more control over your setup.

If you decide to get at least one NVMe VM in each of our locations, you will get 30% off your order. This means ordering 15 VMs in total at least (1 per location)

How to order

To order, please sign up or login at manage.hosthatch.com and deposit the appropriate amount of funds. Then open a ticket with sales mentioning the promotion/location you want. All special orders are manually provisioned on working days only. We require up to 7 working days to provision these so please be patient.

Please note that we will likely have some flash sales, which might be better/worse than these deals, and you might feel bad about missing out on them. We cannot switch you once you have opened a ticket to order something. An open ticket (whether you close it or not later) is considered an active order, and will not be changeable without our discretion. Please understand that flash deals or not - all of these are high-performing servers with incredible value for the price.

Please keep an eye on this thread. We will update as stock in some locations go out. Any orders made after the timestamp of my post saying we are out of stock here will not be provisioned, and your only option will be to change to something else.

All deals are sold out. Please do not add any new credit to your account to order any of these promotions, as this will be non-refundable. Thank you for your understanding.

Comments

• PilzbaumPilzbaum Member
    edited November 2020

Ooooh! Thank you very much for this these incredible offers. They are astonishing especially for such a prem provider!

Thanked by 2hosthatch pbx
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2020

Some more information:

For existing customers:

Thank you for being part of our family. If you see this thread a bit later or after some deals are out of stock, or you miss out a flash deal and that is exactly what you wanted for many years, please send me a PM and I will do my best.

In addition to this, if you choose to keep your old service with us active (ie not replace it with a new server, but add a new server), you will have another 10% off. You can easily abuse this by getting the discount, and then cancelling the old service and we probably won’t notice, but please don’t :)

New stuff:

BGP - we initially decided that we would do this for anyone with over $50/m in account spend with us. However, we will do BGP if you have at least the equivalent of $15/m ($180/year) in account spend with us, for this promotion only.

BGP will be available in all of our locations. Only default route for the moment. IPv4 and IPv6. Looking forward to having some customers run anycast over our 15+ premium locations :)

Since this is largely manual for now, the guaranteed time for BGP setup is 31st December. (PS - we can also announce your IP ranges from our AS)

40G network - at the moment, we use 10+10G on all of our nodes. We've already ordered new uplinks and network kit in most of our locations where we do both NVMe and Storage VMs. So in the near future, you will have even better network performance than you do now. All nodes will have 40+40G. At no extra cost.

Control panel - as most of you know, we run our own front-end control panel (called Falcon). It runs on top and in tandem with SolusVM. We already have several features that use direct connection from Falcon to our nodes and do not use SolusVM for those features since the SolusVM API is not very efficient. However - we've been writing our own back-end control panel from scratch for quite a while since there is only so much we can do trying to go around things that SolusVM does wrong (or in an old fashion). The front-end will remain as it is now, so our change from SolusVM to our control panel (we call it Raven) will not do much for the user interface, but this allows us to offer things like automated BGP sessions, private networks, bandwidth pooling, block storage, firewalls and basically endless other opportunities.

Support - I know this has been the biggest concern of our customers. Take 5 of our last negative reviews and they have something to do with support, not the quality of our servers.
    We've done a lot to improve support in the past year. Some reviews are blown out of proportion, and anyone who has ever had a problem in the past 5 years joins in which makes it look like a pattern.

However I am not blind to the fact that we definitely have problems in this area. To expand on this, we currently have a first-line support team, and unfortunately this leads to a lot of "have you tried rebooting it" sort of responses since the L1 support does not have a lot of system access. As someone who hates calling my ISP's first line support, I know the pain when they tell me to reboot my router, when it will fix nothing. And since most of our unmanaged customers know what they are talking about - it is frustrating to get those responses.

To really fix this and MOSGA (make our support great again), like it was years ago and when I was doing the end-user support, we decided that we will be removing the L1 queue completely, and we will be hiring (and have hired) DevOps/Sysadmins in a 24hr rotation to cover all requests, basic to the most complex ones. These people have higher-level access to our systems, and hence can resolve problems much faster without having to escalate them. So basically L3 support doing L1-L3. This will eliminate most of the "I have escalated this to the senior admin" responses and you will get a first useful response to your ticket instead of having to go rounds with L1 support before the issue can be resolved.

I know I have said many times that we will do better in this area, and only lived up half to the expectations, but this is a real promise that we will do better, and soon. The second thing we are going to create a Slack/Discord server (still debating on which to use, since Discord is more user-friendly, while Slack is what we use already for internal comms) since we have someone always covering the shift 24 hours around the clock, this will give you somewhat live/friendly/informal access to our team and me, and other customers as well. My ears, PMs and email is open for any feedback. I am not sure how other companies handle this other than "community forums" - but those seem to be really old-school and we are looking for something more live/informal to be closer to our customers.

Thank you guys, happy (belated) thanksgiving - and enjoy the deals :)

• 👍🏼

• @Abdullah said: Warsaw

Woah, Poland!

• miumiu Member
    edited November 2020

MASTER provider is back

Thanked by 1bdl
  • Right on!

• Existing customers from the past two years' Black Friday deals can upgrade to these plans. Just send in a ticket. We love you.

That's a nice touch

edited November 2020

These deals will be live until end of Monday in EST - unless they are extended, or are out of stock. We have lower stock in some locations than others (example Stockholm, Amsterdam and LA storage - so those might go out sooner than others)

You can find our looking glasses at hosthatch.com/features

Sorry if I missed any other important info - it took a long time to write this out. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

If you are looking for anything specific in flash deals - let me know :)

Thanked by 2user123 RedSox
  • WOOT YAY

• @Abdullah said: KVM NVMe servers are now available in Warsaw and Sydney. Hong Kong, Milan and Madrid will also be available in the next couple of weeks

This part mentions only 5 locations. But a list of locations for NVMe deal includes other. Can I place an order for NVMe deal in Stockholm for example?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

What's the network in Madrid?

• Ticket created. Nice deals!

• @Abdullah said: 3 CPU core (100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%)

I'm not sure if this was already discussed before, but can you provide the fine print for this? Also, which CPU will come with these servers?

• An additional 10% discount applies if you order them in at least two (or more) locations. And before you ask, no, it is not possible to do it in the same location/server.

I've got identical services in London and Chicago from prior BF, is the 10% discount applicable to a third service purchased today or do all three have to be new services for discount?

• Woahh.. my waiting is over.. Thank you for providing BF this year..

Thanked by 1dosai
  • You have outdone yourself, incredible promotions!

• Insane pricing! Thanks Abdullah!

• @Abdullah said:
    If you are looking for anything specific in flash deals - let me know :)

A small server in LA with a cheap annual payment ($5/year?) and a few TB of bandwidth would be great for personal tunneling use (via VPN and SSH tunnel) :).

• I see no links posted. I login to my hosthatch account and place an order? @Abdullah

• Insane deals, exactly what I needed. Thanks @Abdullah!

• @edoarudo5 said:
    I see no links posted. I login to my hosthatch account and place an order? @Abdullah

There's a section called How to order

To order, please sign up or login at manage.hosthatch.com and deposit the appropriate amount of funds. Then open a ticket with sales mentioning the promotion/location you want. All special orders are manually provisioned on working days only. We require up to 7 working days to provision these so please be patient.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • Whats the network in Milan and Madrid?
    In your NVMe deals there's no 4GB plan.

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited November 2020

@Abdullah said: I know you guys are going to complain about the low bandwidth allotment in Sydney and Hong Kong. If you see someone providing cheaper for the same price, please let me know and we will see what we can do.

IMO 500 GB for these locations is more than generous for the current price.

• Damn this is pretty good. @Abdullah is it possible to move servers mid-service? let's say I want to move from chicago to london after 6 months? I'm asking because I don't know which location is optimal for my traffic.

• goinsj2010goinsj2010 Member
    edited November 2020

Anyone have information about the CPUs? (specifically wondering about NVMe LA)

• any AMD Ryzen or EPYC cpu in those deals

@Snacho said:

@Abdullah said: KVM NVMe servers are now available in Warsaw and Sydney. Hong Kong, Milan and Madrid will also be available in the next couple of weeks

This part mentions only 5 locations. But a list of locations for NVMe deal includes other. Can I place an order for NVMe deal in Stockholm for example?

Updated the original post to make it less confusing. The promotion is available in all locations, just mentioning that we have some new locations that we are just introducing.

@cazrz said:
    Whats the network in Milan and Madrid?

Looking glasses are at hosthatch.com/features - we're going to add carrier information per location in the coming days. Need to figure out how to fit it and make it look beautiful on the website - but I can probably provide a text file with all the needed info in a few hours.

In your NVMe deals there's no 4GB plan.

There was, until I made it 8 GB. If you catch my drift :)

• The one everyone's been waiting for...

• How do we put in the funds in the account? I'd like to order one of the 3TB storage 84$/year.

• benj0xbenj0x Member
    edited November 2020

@yolo_me said:
    How do we put in the funds in the account? I'd like to order one of the 3TB storage 84$/year.

When signed in, just open this page:

https://manage.hosthatch.com/billing/credit/deposit