Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Siteground BF deal just ended -- want to move domains to another BF deal at same host. Can I?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Siteground BF deal just ended -- want to move domains to another BF deal at same host. Can I?

My Siteground 3 year Black Friday deal just expired. I had to buy a month at full price, which is too expensive obviously. I've noticed what others here have, which is that their support is less effective and harder to get to. I remember at the beginning you could grab a rep without even logging in, and people loved it when I showed it to them at WordCamps.

I'm considering grabbing another 3 year account. If I do that, do you think I'll be able to migrate domains right across from one to the other? Or do you think their systems will detect the presence of the domain on the other account and block me? I don't want to move sites twice. I'd rather just get another provider deal.

Thanks!

Comments

• Do yourself a favor and move away from SiteGround.

I suggest getting any good KVM SSD VPS with a couple vCPUs (depending on how heavy your sites are) and manage it using RunCloud referral link (gives you 15 days after upgrading). You just need the Basic plan to manage one server with unlimited sites/apps.

If you are mostly hosting WordPress sites (you mentioned WordCamps so I assume you are) and would rather not pay for RunCloud, you could use https://wordops.net/ or https://easyengine.io/ (Docker) to manage your server. Both free but not as nice as RunCloud.

• Gridpane also is pretty good, a bit expensive, but worth the expense if it's a serious project.

On the other hand, like Kassem mentioned RunCloud is also pretty good.

Been using WordOps for a year and 0 issues!

If you want shared hosting, also been using NameHero, support, uptime and speed is pretty nice!