Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
DataWagon downtime
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

DataWagon downtime

Have a server at DataWagon down since 6:30 PM MST. Been an hour now so far response is CJ is looking into it. Requested updates but have not received any.

So far regarding DataWagon, its nice to deal with the CEO CJ himself. The server is nice and powerful. However, faced several downtimes and once the entire night without the issue being fixed. Would be nice to have some good support for CJ so that base is covered otherwise its making the good service itself unusable.

Will update this thread as I hear back from DataWagon and provide cause of downtime when I find out about it.

Comments

  • Ok just heard back from CJ that it was a switch in the cabinet and they are working on replacing it. Relieved that this did not happen tomorrow during Thanksgiving!

  • amazing thank you for posting a thread without waiting an additional 2 minutes for a reply

    lurking in the shadows like a wombat or some shit

  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2020

    @SirFoxy said:
    amazing thank you for posting a thread without waiting an additional 2 minutes for a reply

    Every minute of downtime is millions of dollars lost

  • let at this point is only people complaining and racknerd spamming

  • @justaguy said:
    let at this point is only people complaining and racknerd spamming

    Sorry, I did not mean to come across as complaining. Just posting my experience as it unravels. Hardware can fail at anytime which in this case was the switch.

    Currently, waiting on the switch to be replaced which should bring the server back up.

  • FYI, the server is back up again. So about 3 hours of downtime due to malfunction switch which is reasonable. Also, glad to have received a reply as soon as the ticket was opened and received an update after asking for after about an hour later.

  • CJ is awesome & DataWagon is prem.
    You’re in great hands

  • DataWagonKamilDataWagonKamil Member, Host Rep

    The switch in one of our racks did indeed fail, we were able to replace it without too much fuss. We apologize for this downtime, we are working with the datacenter to understand why it occurred and what we can do to prevent it in the future.

    DataWagon - AS27176 - datawagon.net

  • @vyas11 said:

    @SirFoxy said:
    amazing thank you for posting a thread without waiting an additional 2 minutes for a reply

    Every minute of downtime is millions of dollars lost

    billions*

  • Were the Beta VPS affected? If so; I spent $0 for the beta and expect a refund!

    ****kidding!****

  • @cobydecock said:
    FYI, the server is back up again. So about 3 hours of downtime due to malfunction switch which is reasonable. Also, glad to have received a reply as soon as the ticket was opened and received an update after asking for after about an hour later.

    Don't do that. You're slowing the technician dealing with the issue for your benefit that won't speed things along. Furthermore, in some ticket systems, you'd lower your priority by requesting an update, causing more and more overhead.

    So, don't open needless threads and don't bother the technician for an update after only an hour.

    Thanked by 1MikePT
  • FYI, there were two more downtime since the one discussed here, each lasting more than an hour. However, both were IPv6 only. I got no reply to a ticket opened for the first downtime but the second one I got reply that it as an issue with He.net provider.

Sign In or Register to comment.