Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Rank Math a good enough SEO Plugin?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is Rank Math a good enough SEO Plugin?

So I started using Rank Math cause it allows me to add at least 5 keywords/phrases for SEO, whereas Yoast only lets me add one (on the free version that is)

I added my keywords and got my SEO score to 70+ but my pages still does not show up on google searches.

Am I doing something wrong? or is Rank Math just not that great..

Sorry if the question sounds stupid.. I'm just trying to understand how this works.

Comments

• RankMath is the best free seo plugin.

Your page shows on Google or not, that has actually nothing to do with your seo plugin. The plugins only HELP you with trying to bring up the ranks once the pages are indexed by Google.

Thanked by 1Zoe0420
  • RankMath just helps to suggest keywords/pillar content, etc. It does not guarantee/nor helps you show up on google.
    You'll need a sitemap.xml file (you can create it with rankmath), and submit that in your Google Search Console account. Google will crawl it and index pages on google searches.

You can also use any other xml sitemaps plugin to do so. Just use ONE. or else it will conflict.

Thanked by 1Zoe0420
  • I think people should focus on best practices: Good content, fast loading images, ALT descriptions, META descriptions, useful FAQ etc instead of SEO. Just my 2 c

Thanked by 1Shazan
  • As recommended above you should submit a sitemap to Google/Bing search consoles to get you're pages crawled and index.

Regarding Rank Math, well it's advertised as a full feature SEO plugin. But, you should check that it really does what you want it to do.
    I run a small e-commerce site, and I import products via CSV file (with external affiliated links). I need Rank Math to modify the metadata that get's pushed to search engines from %excerpt% to a different information. It should be simple, just by changing the settings. I've done that, no changes whatsoever. It should also add rel=nofollow and target =_blank to those external links.

It doesn't do that for the imported CSV products. I've changed themes, reinstalled woo, re-imported csv ... nothing.
    On a per product base, it does the change if done manually, but that defeats the purpose of a csv import.

Maybe it's something I'm missing with Rank Math, but all that is working out of the box in Yoast.

• @JasonM said:
    RankMath just helps to suggest keywords/pillar content, etc. It does not guarantee/nor helps you show up on google.
    You'll need a sitemap.xml file (you can create it with rankmath), and submit that in your Google Search Console account. Google will crawl it and index pages on google searches.

You can also use any other xml sitemaps plugin to do so. Just use ONE. or else it will conflict.

I see. I think i need to create a sitemap.xml like you said. I haven't done that yet, so i'm guessing it's not there lol.

Some of my pages did show up on Google though when I was using Yoast. But when I switched to Rank Math some of the pages didn't show up anymore.

• @tradeplanner said:
    I think people should focus on best practices: Good content, fast loading images, ALT descriptions, META descriptions, useful FAQ etc instead of SEO. Just my 2 c

Yeah, I have done these. Just thought an SEO plugin would help my pages to show up on searches..