Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help choose server like CPX41 but Dedicated [Hetzner]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help choose server like CPX41 but Dedicated [Hetzner]

adilolvadilolv Member
edited November 2020 in Requests

Hi,
I have a VPS from Hetzner CPX41, and use Windows 2019 server as OS, the price is €22.90/mo.
Also I see they have cheap dedicated servers, but don't know which one that will be good for me.
The specs on CPX41 its very good, but the DISK is small.

Can you please help choose one of their Auction server that are close to that VPS from specs and price ? and does the dedicated server will have or will be more powerful then the VPS ?.
Max budget : 25-30 €/mo.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hetzner Dedis start from just over your budget for any machines with SSD and ECC. If you don't mind a few antiquated billing practices, NetCup Root Servers should work well for you. The RS 2000 G9 is under 16 euros, and has the same RAM, 320GB of space, and a slightly weaker CPU (12% slower).

• If you just need a bigger disk then add block storage to CPX41. That will give you redundant storage AND still have the convenient of cloud (load balancer, flexibility, snapshot etc)

• WSCallumWSCallum Member
    edited November 2020

I'd agree most of the auction servers in your budget are older hardware with similar specs to what the CPX41 offers anyway - I'd just add in some extra block storage.

Cheapest auction server you'll find atm is 36.30 euro per month, old i7-920 CPU with 2 x 250GB SSD drives - So if you want redundancy you're no better off than the cloud server anyway, and it's more expensive.

• Thanks.