Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hourly Windows VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hourly Windows VPS

Hello all! Looking for recommendations for hourly Window VPS. Does Vultr have them?

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Most major cloud providers have them.

Oracle Cloud
    Google Cloud
    Microsoft Azure
    Amazon EC2

Configuration process and pricing model in these major clouds are very complicated.
    I like the simplicity of Scaleway but they don't do Windows.

• Vultr's windows VPS will regularly out of stock. Upcloud also have windows templates. I'm using it these days.

• Thanks all for those input! Really helpful!

@kend said:
    Vultr's windows VPS will regularly out of stock. Upcloud also have windows templates. I'm using it these days.

Are Windows license also on an hourly basis? I can see Vultr has one but with an additional $10/month. Do I have to pay the $10/mo as a whole or will it be billed per hour? Also same question for Upcloud.

• @dtoker said:
    Hello all! Looking for recommendations for hourly Window VPS. Does Vultr have them?

Hi, please can take a look on https://www.seflow.net/seflow-cloud/ . We support Windows 10, 2016 and 2019

Regards

• @matteob said:

@dtoker said:

Hi, please can take a look on https://www.seflow.net/seflow-cloud/ . We support Windows 10, 2016 and 2019

Regards

Thanks! Are the licenses also billed hourly? Just need one for a few days though and where are the servers located?

• @dtoker said:
    Thanks! Are the licenses also billed hourly? Just need one for a few days though and where are the servers located?

Hi,
    for the billing please read below (is a copy from our faq):

#

Servers have a price per hour, and you will be billed on an hourly rate. Every 24 hours our system will generate a receipt with a complete usage report. It’s important to have a balance in your account. For details press here. The system is fully automated. We will invoice you only for Add Funds requests.

Example:
    You have two CP10 HA servers, hourly price is 0,005€ each.

– You add funds for 10€

– You will receive an initial 10€ invoice

– Everyday system will generate a report and will take 0.24€ from your 10€

– Your balance is estimated to be used within 41 days

– You not need to do anything, until you receive a Low Balance notification and can add new funds.

#

During VM creation system will ask you if you want to use your own license or our. In case you choose our license you will be billed as reported above. Windows license is included on the receipt on an hourly basis.

For regions, at the moment we have Italy and France. You can choose between two storage modes, HA or NVMe. Please check this link https://www.domflow.it/knowledgebase/4709/HA-or-NVMe-StorageorPackage---which-one-to-choose.html for details.

During checkout system will ask you for 5€ that is the initial deposit. If you will create VM you start to be billed daily. When you cancel it system will stop billing you and the deposit will stile live for any purchase. It will never expire.

Kind Regards

• Just use hetzner cloud and run Windows trial if trist is not long term

• virtua_cloudvirtua_cloud Member, Patron Provider

Thank you @raknaz for the mention.

We are offering Windows VPS with hourly billing and Windows licence included.

You can take a look at our offers here:
    https://www.virtua.cloud/cloud-hosting/windows-vps

If you want to try our services, you can start with 10€ of free credit with the promo code "HELLO10".

Cheers - as always, let me know if you have any questions!

Thanked by 1raknaz
  • +1 for @virtua_cloud. Been using their windows vps for quite a few months and no downtime so far.

The only issue is if you go the prepaid route, the top-up amount expires in a year if not fully used. Like if you top up your account with 100 bucks you have to use it fully within a year.

• @dtoker said:
    Thanks all for those input! Really helpful!

@kend said:
    Vultr's windows VPS will regularly out of stock. Upcloud also have windows templates. I'm using it these days.

Are Windows license also on an hourly basis? I can see Vultr has one but with an additional $10/month. Do I have to pay the $10/mo as a whole or will it be billed per hour? Also same question for Upcloud.

Yes, you are right. The Win license fee is also billed hourly. So, it's really good for testing projects.

• virtua_cloudvirtua_cloud Member, Patron Provider

@rattlecattle said:
    +1 for @virtua_cloud. Been using their windows vps for quite a few months and no downtime so far.

Thank you for your feedback, glad to hear you're pleased with our services 💙.

The only issue is if you go the prepaid route, the top-up amount expires in a year if not fully used. Like if you top up your account with 100 bucks you have to use it fully within a year.

Small clarification: every time you top-up, your balance validity is fully extended for one year and we are sending notifications before it expire.

Thanked by 1coreflux