Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: How many non-idling VPS do you have?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Poll: How many non-idling VPS do you have?

A VPS is like a sugar baby: sexy and you make regular payments for them to remain idle. How many VPS do you have that are NOT idling?

How many VPS do you have that are NOT idling?
  1. None, because VPS only exist to idle30 votes
    1. 1-3
      66.67%
    2. 4-6
      16.67%
    3. 7-10
      10.00%
    4. >10
        6.67%

Comments

• I think this is the first time I've made a poll and I somehow made it so that the first answer (all are idling) is not selectable. I wonder how I did that :s

• @user123 said:
    I think this is the first time I've made a poll and I somehow made it so that the first answer (all are idling) is not selectable. I wonder how I did that :s

We've all got a shameful story about our first time throwing up the 'ol poll..

Thanked by 1user123
  • user123user123 Member
    edited November 2020

@dahartigan said:

@user123 said:
    I think this is the first time I've made a poll and I somehow made it so that the first answer (all are idling) is not selectable. I wonder how I did that :s

We've all got a shameful story about our first time throwing up the 'ol poll..

Did you mean to say "pole"? Regardless, I appreciate the kind words.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Buying vps will be addictive :D

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I'm proud to say, all six boxes I have are not idle, although some are underutilized.

Virmach 384MB New York
    Asterisk server for personal use, so that I can call my bedroom from my bathroom when bored.
    QUIC to UDP proxy server.
    Not much CPU left but there's still 14GB disk space. I should start to use them for backups.

SmartHost 2GB Los Angeles
    Main website.
    Monitoring probe of Named Data Networking testbed.
    Amazon Alexa skills (broken).

HostSlick 4GB Netherlands
    Wikipedia archive (kiwix) for my father.
    RIPE ATLAS probe.
    This box is very underutilized due to bad location choice, so it's being canceled next month. The Wikipedia archive will be moved to either Virmach or MaxKVM.

Gullo 128MB Germany
    Monitoring probe of Named Data Networking testbed.

Evolution Hosting 2GB Oregon
    Docker development.
    RIPE ATLAS probe.

MaxKVM 512MB Singapore
    RIPE ATLAS probe.

Thanked by 2raknaz user123