Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for storage VM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for storage VM

BogddanBogddan Member
edited November 2020 in Requests

Hey guys, I'm looking or a Storage VPS.
I need something like:

• 500GB HDD
  • 1GB RAM
  • 1Gbps uplink
  • EU location
    Budget something like 3-4€/mo.

Will use it with NextCloud / Seafile for personal encrypted backups.
I've seen cociu's offers in Romania but I saw that sometimes the up / down speeds are not that good.
Also seen NexusBytes but they have something like „NextCloud is not recommended”.
Thanks.
Also encrypting files using 7zip aes-256 is safe enough? (40 char encryption password).

Comments

• @Bogddan said: Also encrypting files using 7zip aes-256 is safe enough? (40 char encryption password).

For now, yes.

• @Bogddan said: 500GB HDD
    1GB RAM
    1Gbps uplink
    EU location

Premium storage VPS for just 3.75€ per month (aff)
    Don't forget to use the coupon

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited November 2020

@Bogddan said:
    Hey guys, I'm looking or a Storage VPS.
    I need something like:

• 500GB HDD
    • 1GB RAM
    • 1Gbps uplink
    • EU location

Will use it with NextCloud / Seafile for personal encrypted backups.
    I've seen cociu's offers in Romania but I saw that sometimes the up / down speeds are not that good.
    Also seen NexusBytes but they have something like „NextCloud is not recommended”.
    Thanks.
    Also encrypting files using 7zip aes-256 is safe enough? (40 char encryption password).

In my view, the "nextcloud not recommended" part is due to the fact that nextcloud can be set up with many apps and lots of IO-intensive activities (which is generally the case with people new to nextcloud - playing with all the features)

If you strip nextcloud down to the absolute bare minimum, it's quite speedy and from a performance perspective, no different to any other approach. To be honest, I'd recommend a bare nextcloud to anyone running it on a VPS from any provider regardless.

• https://oneprovider.com/onecloud/pricing - Storage Instances

You Get What You Pay For :)