Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best cheap cloud reverse proxy with origin server IP shield feature
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best cheap cloud reverse proxy with origin server IP shield feature

Need a cheap cloud reverse proxy with origin server IP shield. Integrated CDN would be a bonus but not necessary..

We are looking for alternatives to cloudflare.

So far we are looking at:

1. sucuri.net - "Website Firewall" $9.99/mo (integrates with "KeyCDN"..?)

2. x4b.net - "DDoS Protection" "Budget" $10.00/mo

We ran in to a lot of bad reviews for x4b.net in Google Results, reports of downtime etc.

Does anyone have any further feedback or know any better services?

Thanks

Comments

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Hi @p50,

Our standard and premium line is at 99.998%+ uptime (<10 minutes offline network level) so far this year. You really can't get much better than that (we are certainly happy with that aspect of our performance this year).

Our Budget line a little less than that (lack of redundancy). There we measure each individual PoP separately as unlike our Standard / Premium lines they are standalone locations. Since you mentioned "integrated CDN" you may want to consider the Standard / Premium lines where you can use the "HTTP Zones" to enable caching for any resources you desire.

We take uptime very seriously and generally achieve at-least 99.9% for any given year no matter what metric is used. I'm not saying we haven't had our incidents over the past 8 or so years but as we have grown our network (in particular our Anycast networks) to respond to every challenge faced.

If you exclude reviews from forums that refuse to allow us to interact with the thread opener (e.g WHT) I believe all verified issues I've ever located have been resolved and that the vast majority of reviews are positive. As the vast majority of experiences certainly are.

Thanked by 1p50
  • @p50 said:
    Need a cheap cloud reverse proxy with origin server IP shield. Integrated CDN would be a bonus but not necessary..

1. sucuri.net - "Website Firewall" $9.99/mo (integrates with "KeyCDN"..?)

2. x4b.net - "DDoS Protection" "Budget" $10.00/mo

We ran in to a lot of bad reviews for x4b.net in Google Results, reports of downtime etc.

Does anyone have any further feedback or know any better services?

Thanks

Maybe using Oracle Cloud LBaaS may help you!

• CF is free, hard to beat that. Any reason why CF is not satisfactory for you?

• @Tejy said: ud reverse proxy with origin server IP shield. Integrated CDN would be a bonus but not necessary..

sucuri.net - "Website Firewall" $9.99/mo (integrates with "KeyCDN"..?)

x4b.net - "DDoS Protection" "Budget" $10.00/mo

Does anyone have a

Thank you. I am impressed with your response and very much willing to consider that what ever issues may have existed in the past have improved by now. Going to give your site another look.

Thanked by 1laoban
  • Just use Cloudflare. Their network is bigger than what has been mentioned here, not to mention basic plan is free.

• Not to offend anyone -- and I'm sure this will -- it's always fascinating to me how an OP can start a thread, such as what was done here asking for "alternatives to ... [ ]" (in this case, cloudflare), and a bunch of people post in the thread telling the OP to "just use ... [ ] service" anyways. (?) Oh well.

• kdhkdh Member
    edited November 2020

I am also interested in this topic, since due to high price of Korea's traffic fee, Cloudflare decided to only provide their "Seoul - Korea" (ICN) edge only for Enterprise websites.
    But the problem is, even if the website's origin is located in Korea, Cloudflare somehow routes like this on sites not using their Enterprise plan.

Korea (ICN) <-> Seattle (SEA) / Los Angeles (LAX) / etc. <-> Korea (ICN)

Since the ping dramatically increases, I managed to use StackPath's WAF/CDN plans ($10/mo each). They are quite responsive, fast, and provided satisfying experience.

• @kdh said:
    I am also interested in this topic, since due to high price of Korea's traffic fee, Cloudflare decided to only provide their "Seoul - Korea" (ICN) edge only for Enterprise websites.
    But the problem is, even if the website's origin is located in Korea, Cloudflare somehow routes like this on sites not using their Enterprise plan.

Since the ping dramatically increases, I managed to use StackPath's WAF/CDN plans ($10/mo each). They are quite responsive, fast, and provided satisfying experience.

If you're going to use Cloudflare and your target audience is Korean, you should put your server in US-WEST locations. Note that SP's WAF also doesn't have a PoP in Seoul, so you will be routed via Tokyo.

@kdh we route South Korea via Japan directly if that helps you.

I've looked into South Korea myself and can certainly vouch for the high pricing... Quite an issue for anyone doing mitigiation.

Ironically KT is one of the big sources of attack traffic in Asia (IOT source).

• ive been with x4b for almost 6 months , faced an issue it was misconfiguration in our backend once and they assisted on it.

best udp game migration ive experienced so far (udp filltering is better than voxility), am using x4b to protect my gaming servers + applications and website.

attacks been 24/7 migrated even i didnt notice am being attacked !

there reporting and mailing system is dope you will be notified with pcap file of the attack once migration started , there is advance tabs to configure it your way ! .

overall very helpful Knowldgebase , Mathew is very responsive even you will think its auto reply system he answer tickets within minutes.

my rate is 9/10 and reason for missing 1 is the some area's not covered resulting in high ping for some backends and players communication , adding one more server and x4b unbeatable !

Thanked by 1SplitIce

@Mohad thank you for following through on your offer to review.

On the topic of UDP mitigation there is some big improvements comming over the next couple months. We have been actively working on an always on (as opposed the current manually activated rule) anti-spoof filter as well as new game optimized UDP modules (specifically coded to preserve existing sessions over new).

If you would like a free linkback to your community shoot me a PM with your site URL and a logo and I will add you to the testimonial rotation.

Thanked by 1kdh
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited November 2020

@p50 said:
    Not to offend anyone -- and I'm sure this will -- it's always fascinating to me how an OP can start a thread, such as what was done here asking for "alternatives to ... [ ]" (in this case, cloudflare), and a bunch of people post in the thread telling the OP to "just use ... [ ] service" anyways. (?) Oh well.

No, feel free to shame people (coughkh81cough :D ) who blatantly don't read the OP. It's not good enough to just read topics and comment without reading OP, that'll just be silly.

• @sanvit said:

@kdh said:

If you're going to use Cloudflare and your target audience is Korean, you should put your server in US-WEST locations. Note that SP's WAF also doesn't have a PoP in Seoul, so you will be routed via Tokyo.

Yes, but their CDN has a PoP in Seoul, so it's definitely faster than Cloudflare. Also, sometimes CF routes traffic from Korea to SEA/LAX, which makes the speed horribly slow.

• @SplitIce said:
    @kdh we route South Korea via Japan directly if that helps you.

I've looked into South Korea myself and can certainly vouch for the high pricing... Quite an issue for anyone doing mitigiation.

Ironically KT is one of the big sources of attack traffic in Asia (IOT source).

Thanks! I will check this out later.

• Try ddos-guard.net (Russia) as reverse proxy, you can disable their CDN.
    or try Bitmitigate, they're free and paid plan.
    You can also try Vanwatech (US) as reverse proxy.