Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ SSD ★ 384MB KVM - $7.50/YR ★ 16GB Dedicated - $25/MO ★ 2GB KVM - $3/MO ★ DDoS Protected - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ SSD ★ 384MB KVM - $7.50/YR ★ 16GB Dedicated - $25/MO ★ 2GB KVM - $3/MO ★ DDoS Protected

Comments

• @dTQzBen8 said:
    Oh no, 384 MB RAM, that reminds me the $1 deal and its 100MB RAM. It can barely install anything.
    Just waiting for flash sales.

Ram is not important since you have SWAP ram

Thanked by 2plumberg yoursunny
  • Hey @VirMach , you guys woken up yet to a Black Friday?

• Ive been using Virmach for years, and its a great company, will we get flash sales this year?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Jorbox said:

@dTQzBen8 said:
    Oh no, 384 MB RAM, that reminds me the $1 deal and its 100MB RAM. It can barely install anything.

SWAP isn't gonna work if your program depends on hugepages.

@Jorbox said:

@dTQzBen8 said:

• @WorkingDude said:
    Strongly recommend against virmach. Their owner is a nitwit, no common sense, absolutely abhorrent behavior. To give you an idea, he'll send you a picture of your prem idle box network graph with a tiny spike of your own backup traffic and say "that's port 25! I know for sure!". Then your service will be suspended without a refund, because his policies are made for that. And he'll happily spit them in your face too. Also what he thinks about all of you people investing in his shit business: "we've done everything we can for your $2". You're not a client, you're a pest he has to deal with to make some money on the side.

In case you didn't read the policy, here it is:
    _
    I understand that I waive my right to a refund for this
    special offer. I understand I will not receive a refund if my
    service is suspended. I understand special offers come with
    limited support: VirMach will only provide support to ensure
    my service functions._

If that doesn't smell like scam to you, you need to lose some money for some stupid, moronic, half-assed reason like "port 25 traffic", as clearly evidenced by the overall server traffic graph.

Also his fee fees get hurt easily, make sure you address him with Your highness, and Your excellence, and Lord.

Virmach sucks, but cheap.

My suggestion is that pay with Paypal, and don't purchased all offers in single account.

Thanked by 1WorkingDude
  • @yoursunny said:

@Jorbox said:

@dTQzBen8 said:

I tried it, Nvme disk is 8gbit speed, average ram is 12gbit
    so they are very close, In the next years we will have ram for storage or storage for ram :D

• ^ Joe Public calls phone/camera storage, memory, anyway :-|

• @WorkingDude said:
    Also his fee fees get hurt easily, make sure you address him with Your highness, and Your excellence, and Lord.

I was with you up until you said "fee fees" and now I know it was all your fault.

@Jorbox said:

@yoursunny said:

@Jorbox said:

@dTQzBen8 said:

I tried it, Nvme disk is 8gbit speed, average ram is 12gbit
    so they are very close, In the next years we will have ram for storage or storage for ram :D

I tried. RAM is more than twice faster than NVMe.

• RAM: Samsung M393A4K40CB2-CVF 2933MHz
    • NVMe: Intel SSD 7600p
    $ dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/shm/1.bin bs=1M count=32768
    32768+0 records in
    32768+0 records out
    34359738368 bytes (34 GB, 32 GiB) copied, 10.0738 s, 3.4 GB/s

$ dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/1.bin bs=1M count=32768
    32768+0 records in
    32768+0 records out
    34359738368 bytes (34 GB, 32 GiB) copied, 23.3599 s, 1.5 GB/s

• @yoursunny said:

32768+0 records in
    32768+0 records out

32768+0 records in
    32768+0 records out

Well NVMes are certainly catching up. Your older 7600p has a sequential write speed of 1.5GB/s.

Newer drives like the Sabrent Rocket 4.0 over PCI-E 4.0 can go up to 4.0GB/s and more.

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@CyberneticTitan said:

@yoursunny said:

32768+0 records in
    32768+0 records out

32768+0 records in
    32768+0 records out

Well NVMes are certainly catching up. Your older 7600p has a sequential write speed of 1.5GB/s.

Newer drives like the Sabrent Rocket 4.0 over PCI-E 4.0 can go up to 4.0GB/s and more.

This server was built in 2019. Intel Cascade Lake doesn't support PCIe 4.0.
    The main workload is transferring packets between 100Gbps Ethernet adapters, so that I selected the cheapest NVMe disk and no RAID.
    https://yoursunny.com/t/2020/NDN-DPDK-ICN2020/

I do not recommend Intel 7600p. One of five units had an electric failure after mostly-idling for a month (disappeared from BIOS and lspci), and I had to send it back.

Some workload may involve high speed storage, and I have some SAMSUNG 960GB but don't remember the model.

Now that EPYC 7002 came out, PCIe 4.0 is possible.
    However, I haven't found any server that has three or more PCIe 4.0 x16 slots plus additional slots for PCIe 4.0 NVMe.

• gdarkogdarko Member
    edited November 2020

I purchased this 384 deal and i have problems from the beginning, the experience was nothing but frustrating.

• The client area panel allows me to add ISO via url which normally should take few minutes but it never completes and eventually times out.
    • In their SolusVM panel the ISOs are outdated and i am still wondering how people use such an outdated list
    • The virtual server is not accessible at the moment even through it says "Online" in the SolusVM.
    • The VNC is also not accessible
    • And last but not least, there is no option to close my account and remove my card even without asking for refund.
    Thanked by 1kjl24
  • duckeeyuckduckeeyuck Member
    edited November 2020

I understand that this is unreasonable but I'm wondering:
    Is it possible to backorder E3-HDL on LA? I can wait xd

@gdarko said: And last but not least, there is no option to close my account and remove my card even without asking for refund.

You expect a button? Do you know of ANY HOST with a button/option just embedded on the site where you can "delete all info get refund now with no questions asked" just like that?
    Also don't you usually loose rights to refunds on specials as per ToS, and if so, didn't you agree to this?

• @VirMach said: @MohamadSY said: Take your time, this is the fourth day!!!!

You should most likely receive a reply today. I've been merging duplicate tickets regarding the same issue so it may have been merged, causing a delay but I'll try to remember your name and get to this sooner.

This is the ninth day while I'm waiting to just receive the Dedicated Server IPMI Username & Password...
    Ticket #976167 waiting for your action for 9 days...
    And the server already down for 10 days due to this problem...

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@liqimore said:
    NY dedicated server no stock?

E3-HDL has stock, the others have a few but we need to fix a script that keeps track of stock.

@otakism said: fine,i have been refunded,i cant wait and buy another ds

Dedicated servers are normally 48 hours delivery. I believe I answered your ticket, and correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like it's you, where you said you've been waiting 3 days after 40~ hours but these do sometimes take longer than 48 hours during sales.

@dTQzBen8 said: It's quiet. No flash sales this year?

@Yukinococo said: waiting for flash sales...

@ariq01 said: where are u, miss ya BF

@Murata_Chink_Best said: Dude, I'm still wating BF deals

@suricloud said: No bf deals???

@Murata_Chink_Best said: BF deal

@AlwaysSkint said: Hey @VirMach , you guys woken up yet to a Black Friday?

@rafanake said: Ive been using Virmach for years, and its a great company, will we get flash sales this year?

We post sales when the time is right. Even when the time may be considered wrong.

@WorkingDude said: Strongly recommend against virmach. Their owner is a nitwit, no common sense, absolutely abhorrent behavior. To give you an idea, he'll send you a picture of your prem idle box network graph with a tiny spike of your own backup traffic and say "that's port 25! I know for sure!".

I've never done that. We don't look at those graphs for port 25 traffic.

@WorkingDude said: Then your service will be suspended without a refund, because his policies are made for that. And he'll happily spit them in your face too.

We do not suspend people for port 25 traffic, we block port 25. What the datacenter does is nullroute the IP temporarily (which we're against, but we have no say here.)

As for suspensions, if they happen we usually do bring up our policies but 99% of the time the $25 fee that's described is waived, and most suspensions do result in an unsuspension and second chance.

@WorkingDude said: Also what he thinks about all of you people investing in his shit business: "we've done everything we can for your $2". You're not a client, you're a pest he has to deal with to make some money on the side.

We do bring up the economics of it if customers start arguing policies and asking for support throughout multiple messages when we already explained something or made a decision, or if they expect management with their limited support package, yes.

_
    my service functions._

If that doesn't smell like scam to you, you need to lose some money for some stupid, moronic, half-assed reason like "port 25 traffic", as clearly evidenced by the overall server traffic graph.

I'm not sure what you're rambling about at this point, I'd be happy to look over the ticket and share it here/provide a response if you want to provide the ticket ID, but contrary to your belief we do not have that policy there to scam people. The majority of our revenue is from recurring customers.

@WorkingDude said: Also his fee fees get hurt easily, make sure you address him with Your highness, and Your excellence, and Lord.

We're probably one of the only companies where you can fully cuss us out and we'll still provide you support. I've heard like 20 unique insults about my mother.

@Jorbox said: Ram is not important since you have SWAP ram

Just please don't try to run something that needs 4GB RAM on the 256MB package.

@Murata_Chink_Best said: Virmach sucks, but cheap.

My suggestion is that pay with Paypal, and don't purchased all offers in single account.

Maybe I'm biased here, but please do not follow these suggestions. This is one of the reasons we heavily decided against running flash sales this year on Black Friday. We have people purchasing single offers on single accounts, not finishing checkouts, selling accounts without properly transferring them after botting purchases on multiple accounts, and then opening a dispute when they realize they broke like 5 sections of our terms of service.

@CyberneticTitan said: Well NVMes are certainly catching up. Your older 7600p has a sequential write speed of 1.5GB/s.

@yoursunny said: This server was built in 2019. Intel Cascade Lake doesn't support PCIe 4.0.

The main workload is transferring packets between 100Gbps Ethernet adapters, so that I selected the cheapest NVMe disk and no RAID.
    https://yoursunny.com/t/2020/NDN-DPDK-ICN2020/

I do not recommend Intel 7600p. One of five units had an electric failure after mostly-idling for a month (disappeared from BIOS and lspci), and I had to send it back.

Some workload may involve high speed storage, and I have some SAMSUNG 960GB but don't remember the model.

Now that EPYC 7002 came out, PCIe 4.0 is possible.

However, I haven't found any server that has three or more PCIe 4.0 x16 slots plus additional slots for PCIe 4.0 NVMe.

We're trying to make PCIe 4.0 work in our builds but it ends up being much easier and cheaper to go with PCIe 3.0 so I'm wondering, would you guys say that in any of your use cases for budget virtual servers, would there be a huge edge for you and would you see yourself looking for Gen4 SSDs?

@gdarko said: I purchased this 384 deal and i have problems from the beginning, the experience was nothing but frustrating.

The client area panel allows me to add ISO via url which normally should take few minutes but it never completes and eventually times out.

In their SolusVM panel the ISOs are outdated and i am still wondering how people use such an outdated list
    The virtual server is not accessible at the moment even through it says "Online" in the SolusVM.
    The VNC is also not accessible
    And last but not least, there is no option to close my account and remove my card even without asking for refund.

We fixed the bug with the ISO mount, if you still have issues please create a ticket about it and let us now what browser you're using and any other helpful information.

VNC is accessible, but not through the web/online portal VNC button.

We do not have an option to cancel before the entire term, you're correct there. If you purchased a service it will remain active until the time you purchased it til, so if you'd like you can contact us for a self requested suspension if you wish to ensure your service is permanently offline until it's terminated.

@duckeeyuck said: Is it possible to backorder E3-HDL on LA? I can wait xd

Unfortunately, we haven't worked in this feature but we're actually looking into it. We get discouraged though because we already get people constantly contacting us for updates on their orders so it would have to basically be you checking several boxes saying you understand that it may theoretically take forever if space never opens up from cancellations.

I do believe, in terms of dedicated servers in Los Angeles though that we may be able to actually increase our capacity here by a great amount as we move into colocation.

Had to make this reply separately due to Cloudflare error:

@MohamadSY said: This is the ninth day while I'm waiting to just receive the Dedicated Server IPMI Username & Password...

Hi there, the server wouldn't just be delivered to you broken, at least not on purpose, so I don't think it's fair to say that the server is down due to that problem, but I'm guessing from some incorrect configuration change on your end after receiving the server. Please don't get offended by this, but it's just that it's usually the case when we get contacted. Probably 50 tickets about that, and then 1 about it actually being down.

We're catching up on tickets but I believe unfortunately because you created another ticket and/or replied to your ticket, it's further down in the queue now. I did try getting to it sooner as I mentioned but did not find it as we were performing tickets. It's definitely not in the priority queue anymore. I know I placed it there, but it may have been bumped out if you made other replies.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@VirMach said: We have people purchasing single offers on single accounts, not finishing checkouts, selling accounts without properly transferring them after botting purchases on multiple accounts, and then opening a dispute when they realize they broke like 5 sections of our terms of service.

...what?

And this, folks, is why we can't have nice things. :(

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @VirMach said:
    Had to make this reply separately due to Cloudflare error:

@MohamadSY said: This is the ninth day while I'm waiting to just receive the Dedicated Server IPMI Username & Password...

Hi there, the server wouldn't just be delivered to you broken, at least not on purpose, so I don't think it's fair to say that the server is down due to that problem, but I'm guessing from some incorrect configuration change on your end after receiving the server. Please don't get offended by this, but it's just that it's usually the case when we get contacted. Probably 50 tickets about that, and then 1 about it actually being down.

We're catching up on tickets but I believe unfortunately because you created another ticket and/or replied to your ticket, it's further down in the queue now. I did try getting to it sooner as I mentioned but did not find it as we were performing tickets. It's definitely not in the priority queue anymore. I know I placed it there, but it may have been bumped out if you made other replies.

That’s not an excuse... I aleady told you the ticket number many times !!!
    So what are waiting for?
    I was so patient, but that unbelievable..
    I want the IPMI INFO

• @VirMach said:

@rafanake said: Ive been using Virmach for years, and its a great company, will we get flash sales this year?

We post sales when the time is right. Even when the time may be considered wrong.

Any tips about that time? :wink:

edited November 2020

@MohamadSY said: That’s not an excuse... I aleady told you the ticket number many times !!!
    So what are waiting for?
    I want the IPMI INFO

Hi there, I'm not going to provide you with faster support just because you're mentioning it here more than others, sorry. I made an effort to remember your name and ensure it's completed should it come up in my queue and it didn't. It wasn't a guarantee.

@dTQzBen8 said:

@VirMach said:

Even if we knew the exact time, we would not make the mistake of announcing it again. We can't have tens of thousands of people loading the site at the exact second.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited November 2020

@VirMach said: Maybe I'm biased here, but please do not follow these suggestions. This is one of the reasons we heavily decided against running flash sales this year on Black Friday. We have people purchasing single offers on single accounts, not finishing checkouts, selling accounts without properly transferring them after botting purchases on multiple accounts, and then opening a dispute when they realize they broke like 5 sections of our terms of service.

Totally understandable. There are always the idiots who want to spoil the party! :(

Thanked by 3FrankZ ariq01 raynor

@VirMach said:
    We're trying to make PCIe 4.0 work in our builds but it ends up being much easier and cheaper to go with PCIe 3.0 so I'm wondering, would you guys say that in any of your use cases for budget virtual servers, would there be a huge edge for you and would you see yourself looking for Gen4 SSDs?

Sorry that @CyberneticTitan led me off topic. It's a different use case for high performance networking. The server costs $5000+ without the 100Gbps Ethernet adapters.

I do not need faster SSD. My programs cache content in RAM.
    As for the 384MB KVM Lite, I use that for QUIC-to-UDP protocol translator, no disk involved.

• Hello, I just paid for an order of your SSD256 Plus package, and now it shows pending, I want to know how long it will take to wait, thank you.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

The Chinese is gone on that Page, does that mean wallet rape inbound?

Thanked by 1alilet
  • Thanked by 1ariq01
  • @TimboJones said:

@WorkingDude said:

I was with you up until you said "fee fees" and now I know it was all your fault.

LOL. Use one wrong expression and your whole point is driven 6 feet deep. Oh well, can't win them all.

• WorkingDudeWorkingDude Member
    edited November 2020

@VirMach said:

@WorkingDude said: Strongly recommend against virmach. Their owner is a nitwit, no common sense, absolutely abhorrent behavior. To give you an idea, he'll send you a picture of your prem idle box network graph with a tiny spike of your own backup traffic and say "that's port 25! I know for sure!".

I've never done that. We don't look at those graphs for port 25 traffic.

Liar. You said I pushed over 1 mb/s for almost 10 minutes, referring to port 25 traffic. I asked you to back it up with logs and you sent me a picture of the overall server traffic from solusvm HAHAHA :smiley: Noob.

@WorkingDude said: Then your service will be suspended without a refund, because his policies are made for that. And he'll happily spit them in your face too.

We do not suspend people for port 25 traffic, we block port 25. What the datacenter does is nullroute the IP temporarily (which we're against, but we have no say here.)

You unblock port 25 upon request and acceptance of AUP. I had already qualified for the unblock before you again blocked it thinking somehow outgoing traffic for 10 minutes from solusVM graph MUST be all email traffic. Again, noob.

As for suspensions, if they happen we usually do bring up our policies but 99% of the time the $25 fee that's described is waived, and most suspensions do result in an unsuspension and second chance.

No, you didn't like me, and thought my $2 were too cheap for you to deal with pulling up some logs that show port 25 traffic originating from my VPS' IP. Issue was, I had 2 services, one was shut down because I didn't want an OpenVZ. So you were getting free money anyway, without any resource usage. We all know OpenVZ is resource pooling, which is why you can oversell.

@WorkingDude said: Also what he thinks about all of you people investing in his shit business: "we've done everything we can for your $2". You're not a client, you're a pest he has to deal with to make some money on the side.

We do bring up the economics of it if customers start arguing policies and asking for support throughout multiple messages when we already explained something or made a decision, or if they expect management with their limited support package, yes.

No, what you do is reproach the price paid as if I somehow forced your hand to offer the service at that price. Your own policy says your responsibility is to have the services up and running, which you breached by blocking port 25 after unblocking it, without any supporting evidence.

You do have the right to refuse customers, like any other business, but don't give me bullshit reasons, just say so. Noob tells me SolusVM traffic graph is evidence for port 25 abuse. Did you ever receive a spam report from someone about the IP I was using you noob? No, you're just a crooked business that is okay with stealing from people.

_
    my service functions._

I'm not sure what you're rambling about at this point, I'd be happy to look over the ticket and share it here/provide a response if you want to provide the ticket ID, but contrary to your belief we do not have that policy there to scam people. The majority of our revenue is from recurring customers.

Rambling is when someone is lengthy and digressive. This is to the point which is I strongly recommend against using VirMach because:

1. Owner is a nitwit - provides solusvm global graphic as evidence of port 25 abuse
    2. Owner does not value customers $2/mo are not enough for them to consider they owe you a working service
    3. Policies are worded for easy dismissal without refunds

I don't have beliefs, just facts of what happened.

@WorkingDude said: Also his fee fees get hurt easily, make sure you address him with Your highness, and Your excellence, and Lord.

We're probably one of the only companies where you can fully cuss us out and we'll still provide you support. I've heard like 20 unique insults about my mother.

You're more sensitive than C. Jenner when Ben Shapiro told him we should not promote delusional behavior as brave. No one can say anything to you because you get upset, take your toys, and go home. Don't pretend like you didn't get pissed and suspended the account just to demonstrate that you're the boss and your decision is final.

As I said above, and will repeat because it seems you're in need of that: You have the right to refuse service, but don't make up some stuff to support your decision. Be honest.

To be clear: I never used a cuss word in my tickets with your company. All I did is call your people incompetent (which they are), ignorant (which you are also), unreasonable (which you were in that whole interaction), and the argument of overall traffic graph representing port 25 bullshit (which is not personal enough to get pissed but hey, I'm not as sensitive as C. Jenner, and neither am I overly sensitive like you). I also said you should be ashamed, and called you dishonest. Your mother? Not interested. Using cuss words? Not needed, you provide enough entertainment already.

• @VirMach said:

@MohamadSY said: That’s not an excuse... I aleady told you the ticket number many times !!!
    So what are waiting for?
    I want the IPMI INFO

Hi there, I'm not going to provide you with faster support just because you're mentioning it here more than others, sorry. I made an effort to remember your name and ensure it's completed should it come up in my queue and it didn't. It wasn't a guarantee.

@dTQzBen8 said:

@VirMach said:

Even if we knew the exact time, we would not make the mistake of announcing it again. We can't have tens of thousands of people loading the site at the exact second.

Missing you Sir this year, looking forward some offers from you. Anyway time secret will help only first 2-3 offers and after that everyone will start hitting your website