Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ SSD ★ 384MB KVM - $7.50/YR ★ 16GB Dedicated - $25/MO ★ 2GB KVM - $3/MO ★ DDoS Protected - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ SSD ★ 384MB KVM - $7.50/YR ★ 16GB Dedicated - $25/MO ★ 2GB KVM - $3/MO ★ DDoS Protected

Comments

• @alilet said:
    Can I install my own OS without having to pay $20 setup fee?

Their vps support ipxe, you can install OS using netboot

• Hostname field is not valid, please do not use special characters.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@Kivson said: @VirMach, will you have E3-HDL back in stock any time soon?

These should be in stock, is there a particular location that's saying out of stock?

@alilet said: Can I install my own OS without having to pay $20 setup fee?

@webdev said: Their vps support ipxe, you can install OS using netboot

You can use IPMI and mount your own ISO, yes.

@Mxl said:

Hostname field is not valid, please do not use special characters.

We're looking into this actively.

@Mxl said:

Hostname field is not valid, please do not use special characters.

Can you confirm if this was resolved?

• MxlMxl Member
    edited November 2020

@VirMach
    resolved.

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • @VirMach said: Unmanaged. Delivered manually and may take 2 business days.

>
    Will it take more than two days?

@MohamadSY said:

@VirMach said: Unmanaged. Delivered manually and may take 2 business days.

>

We've received a lot of orders due to this offer so it might take longer but we're trying hard to clear them up today.

Thanked by 1MohamadSY
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@MohamadSY said:

1. Order KVM.
    2. Do 48 push-ups every hour.
    3. Box delivered after 2304 push-ups.
    Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @VirMach said: These should be in stock, is there a particular location that's saying out of stock?

I tried Buffalo and Atlanta, both show this message after checkout:
    Please correct the following errors before continuing:

The following locations are currently out of stock: Atlanta GA. Please try one of our other locations.

Thanked by 1dopespiti
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@Kivson said:

@VirMach said: These should be in stock, is there a particular location that's saying out of stock?

The following locations are currently out of stock: Atlanta GA. Please try one of our other locations.

Same for me. I tried all locations. They all say out of stock.

• im order it now Buffalo 7.5$/yr

• tomletomle Member, LIR

I have a machine that idles in Buffalo (small one, 384MB RAM, black friday promotion), it was suspended for using high amounts of I/O...

• NJ out of stock.

• The price are Recurring?

edited November 2020

@agoldenberg said:

@Kivson said:

@VirMach said: These should be in stock, is there a particular location that's saying out of stock?

So to confirm this is on the E3-HDL? I'm able to add that to the cart. Is this on the latest version of Chrome?

@tomle said: I have a machine that idles in Buffalo (small one, 384MB RAM, black friday promotion), it was suspended for using high amounts of I/O...

A lot of people are usually shocked at this, but unfortunately, this is usually when abuse occurs the most.

Idling VPS usually means it's not monitored/updated/taken care of, which means it could be sitting there for a very long time getting bruteforce attacked or it could just mean at some point in time there might be a memory leak, dipping into SWAP usage (high I/O) and/or the server even hanging in a state where it's constantly using I/O and CPU.

@nathassa said: The price are Recurring?

Yes, unless otherwise stated.

• @VirMach said: @agoldenberg said:

» show previous quotes

So to confirm this is on the E3-HDL? I'm able to add that to the cart. Is this on the latest version of Chrome?

Yes, E3-HDL. I can add to cart too. The problem is after you click in "Complete Order" on the checkout page.

• Virmach yes :D

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@VirMach yes I can add it to cart. Upon checkout it says out of stock no matter which location is selected.

• I am having the same issue, but I only tried Buffalo, NY. I'm guessing I'd have the same issue on the other locations like the others.

edited November 2020

@agoldenberg said:
    @VirMach yes I can add it to cart. Upon checkout it says out of stock no matter which location is selected.

@Kivson said: Yes, E3-HDL. I can add to cart too. The problem is after you click in "Complete Order" on the checkout page.

Okay, thanks, huge help clarifying that. I'll pass this on to our developer and try to fix it soon.

(edit) This should be resolved now and we're double checking.

• I'm using 192MB VPS and it runs without problem on Debian 9.

Use it for daily personal app gallery.

• @VirMach yes I can add it to cart. Upon checkout it says out of stock no matter which location is selected.

@Kivson said: Yes, E3-HDL. I can add to cart too. The problem is after you click in "Complete Order" on the checkout page.

Okay, thanks, huge help clarifying that. I'll pass this on to our developer and try to fix it soon.

(edit) This should be resolved now and we're double checking.

It worked. Thanks.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited November 2020

I think I'm gonna renew my 2x $3.99/yr bf deals afterall, too cheap to let go! (128mb/5gb hdd/seattle)

• low stock in Buffalo and Amsterdam, when I want to buy I get information "The location you selected is unavailable, please purchase a larger plan if you'd like to purchase that location."

• @VirMach I couldn't order last year's deals as your website were down (CF error), I hope you manage to fix it before deals start :)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@AmirGT said:
    @VirMach I couldn't order last year's deals as your website were down (CF error), I hope you manage to fix it before deals start :)

They took it down to stop people from ordering or else they wouldn't be able to keep up :joy:

Thanked by 2AmirGT dahartigan
  • @thedp said:

@AmirGT said:
    @VirMach I couldn't order last year's deals as your website were down (CF error), I hope you manage to fix it before deals start :)

They took it down to stop people from ordering or else they wouldn't be able to keep up :joy:

I thought it's only me who thought the same :joy:

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Just FYI: Debian 10 installs via netboot.xyz in text mode - it flags low memory.
    Makes for a good @Nyr openvpn. :)

Thanked by 2yoursunny dahartigan
  • @VirMach ,I have an open Ticket #976167 from 3 days ago...
    I just want the server's IPMI information "E3-HD New York"!!!
    For GOD Sake!!!!

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Just FYI: Debian 10 installs via netboot.xyz in text mode - it flags low memory.
    Makes for a good @Nyr openvpn. :)

Jesus even I don't go that far lol (netboot)

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint