Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is rayavpn.com legit?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is rayavpn.com legit?

Just found their website, they sell $1 vpn. Did someone tried them already?

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Never heard.

In this case, I'd rather run my own (OVPN/WG) than to pay and use services from an unknown provider.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@avxkim said:
    Just found their website, they sell $1 vpn. Did someone tried them already?

Why not to use Windscribe? as their services starts from $1 per month per location

• alwyzonalwyzon Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2020

1$ per month? If you don‘t want to trust an unknown VPN provider, maybe get a KVM-based virtual server instead and setup your own VPN server if you have at least some Linux knowledge. That way you would have full control over your VPN and there are quite a few automated setup scripts floating around that make the installation rather easy:

(If you don't have any preferences, I'd recommend Wireguard.)

• I run my own Wireguard on a $3-7/yr (can't remember) VPS from mrvm.

• vpnbook is for free.

• @alwyzon nothing against running your own VPN (I do it myself), but Windscribe is among the most known VPNs. Just below the most known PIA, NordVPN, and ExpressVPN.

• alwyzonalwyzon Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2020

"Unknown VPN provider" referred to the initial post asking for rayavpn.com reviews, not Windscribe. At the time of writing that comment, I didn't even notice WebProjects post yet.

Thanked by 1sgheghele
  • I am running my own VPN, and using VPN from providers. I would say running my own VPN is not good for many things. Websites and apps can detect I am on VPN and since I pay the servers individually, I can't just change them to another provider each time the server detected as a VPN. Even a VPN that was not recognized as a VPN would be recognized anytime soon.

Having a trusted VPN provider is better since I can changed between hundreds and thousands server at ease.

• @tommmy said: I am running my own VPN, and using VPN from providers.

is there any point in running your own VPN?, people can still track you by hosting company and the payments you made to it. The hosting company will also have logs of all your activity in the billing panel since your first sign up.

VPN doesn't buy you any privacy and security is mostly via SSL, I don't see the point of VPNs other than just browsing through videos/content not available in my location.

or am I missing something?

• @evnix said:

is there any point in running your own VPN?, people can still track you by hosting company and the payments you made to it. The hosting company will also have logs of all your activity in the billing panel since your first sign up.

VPN doesn't buy you any privacy and security is mostly via SSL, I don't see the point of VPNs other than just browsing through videos/content not available in my location.

Benefit manly comes from hiding from isp/government ie if trying to get by a government/company firewall. not really useful to run your own for more questionable content ie non linux iso torrents.

Thanked by 2evnix tommmy
  • @evnix said:

@tommmy said: I am running my own VPN, and using VPN from providers.

For me, mainly for ad blocking.

• It looks legit with several VPN servers listed in https://www.rayavpn.com/vpn-servers/

• @evnix said:

@tommmy said: I am running my own VPN, and using VPN from providers.

FBI is not searching for me, so I am not worry about that. I just use it to bypass contents and mobile data cap. It is not overkill because I got a few friends using it too.

• Never heard of it.

Btw, I'm using NordVPN and Windscribe for better protection, as for personal usage I'm using my own VPN server.

• @tommmy said: mobile data cap

Nice! did not know you could bypass the mobile data cap with VPNs