Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Which free panel do you use?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Which free panel do you use?

Hello,

which free (open-source) panel do you use to manage your web and email hosting?

Some of them are going in wrong direction, with every update they make more mess.

«1

Comments

  • Used Cyberpanel before, now I always use KeyHelp, fully brandable as well and easy to install.

    Thanked by 2Mister Ympker
  • @HyperK9 said:
    Used Cyberpanel before, now I always use KeyHelp, fully brandable as well and easy to install.

    Which distro do you use for it? Do you use own nameservers or external dns?

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Mister said:

    @HyperK9 said:
    Used Cyberpanel before, now I always use KeyHelp, fully brandable as well and easy to install.

    Which distro do you use for it? Do you use own nameservers or external dns?

    I am an Ubuntu guy, but I am looking at using Debian since it is much better for networking stuff, they are very similar anyway.

    For nameservers, I just use Vultr DNS since it is free, has DNSSEC support and is anycasted (multiple locations). I am moving to my own DNS, anycasted hosted on a few nodes around the world

    Thanked by 2Mister Ympker
  • MrHMrH Member

    myvesta

    Thanked by 2Mister dpeca
  • I've been testing Cyberpanel I like it so far

    Thanked by 1Mister

    lurking in the shadows like a wombat or some shit

  • aapanel / cloudpanel.io

    Thanked by 2Mister clarity_64

    <3

  • aapanel

    Thanked by 1Mister
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    Directadmin.

    Francisco

    Thanked by 2Mister wdmg
    BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • MisterMister Member
    edited November 12

    DirectAdmin is cool for larger servers and commercial projects. 1GB/2GB RAM VPS is not so for DA.

  • for managing two websites imo nobody needs a control panel. for mail hosting mailcow.

  • aapanel +1

  • aapanel +1

    Where words fail, music speaks. (Hans Christian Andersen)
    Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature's inexorable imperative. (HG Wells)

  • Command line doesn't bite. Really! Once you get over that, try Ansible. Your life won't ever be the same! :p :D

    Andrew Glodek | Special Projects Director | 香港國際商務中心 HONG KONG INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS CENTRE
  • TejyTejy Member

    KeyHelp is the best imho.

  • ISPconfig + nginx. I've been using it for years and it is rock-solid.

    Thanked by 2Ympker coolice
  • Currently using hestiacp

    Thanked by 1Falzo
  • webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited November 12

    Froxlor, easy install and all services can be customized natively without interfering with the panel.

  • Closed source freeware .. keyhelp
    Open source .. ispconfig/hestiacp

    Thanked by 2Ympker Falzo

    My list of reliable providers :
    Ramnode : HostHatch : Dediserve : Serverica : CloudCone : OnePoundWebHosting : AlphaVps : Lunanode : Few more under testing!

  • Does keyhelp support Centos 7?

  • For litespeed/openlitespeed i use Cyberpanel
    Nginx hestia CP

  • @Chalipa said:
    Does keyhelp support Centos 7?

    No, Keyhelp only runs on Debian or Ubuntu.

    Thanked by 2Ympker Chalipa
  • @Prime404 said:

    @Chalipa said:
    Does keyhelp support Centos 7?

    No, Keyhelp only runs on Debian or Ubuntu.

    One of the reasons I love it :) I understand many prefer CentOS but I have always been a Debian/Ubuntu user.

    Thanked by 1Chalipa
  • @Ympker said:
    One of the reasons I love it :) I understand many prefer CentOS but I have always been a Debian/Ubuntu user.

    I don't mind either of the two to be fair, but in all fairness it is a good thing that they are limiting the support to just a few different distributions to make it easier to maintain. Many panels have failed due to that the developers have been taking water over the head and been making the codebase hard to maintain, due to supporting too many different softwares/distributions.

    The only major concern I have is that a large portion of Keyhelp is encoded in Ioncube, so you don't really know what is actually running on the system or what their installation/upgrade scripts does.

    With that said, I have been running it on a VPS for 2 years and thus far no issues.

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • For wordpress, I use cyberpanel.
    For others, I use command.

    I came, I saw, I record the world burn.

  • @elliotc said:
    For wordpress, I use cyberpanel.
    For others, I use command.

    Any specific reasons for using cyber panel ? (Since rest is commandline, was wondering why not webinoly etc for WP)

  • seenuseenu Member
    edited November 12

    is keyhelp stable?

    @vyas11 said:

    @elliotc said:
    For wordpress, I use cyberpanel.
    For others, I use command.

    Any specific reasons for using cyber panel ? (Since rest is commandline, was wondering why not webinoly etc for WP)

    probably OLS + LSCache plugin

    My reason is same.

  • @vyas11 said:

    @elliotc said:
    For wordpress, I use cyberpanel.
    For others, I use command.

    Any specific reasons for using cyber panel ? (Since rest is commandline, was wondering why not webinoly etc for WP)

    No, just I installed it long time ago, and it kinda work. Willing to migrat to a shared hosting, but I don't want any extra work.

    Thanked by 1vyas11

    I came, I saw, I record the world burn.

  • @seenu said:
    is keyhelp stable?

    Absolutely! KeyHelp is very stable on my installation.
    One thing to keep in mind is that on small servers, you'll need to disable antivirus checks and ClamAV so that you don't run out of RAM.

    Thanked by 3seenu Ympker Falzo
  • @seenu said:
    is keyhelp stable?

    @vyas11 said:

    @elliotc said:
    For wordpress, I use cyberpanel.
    For others, I use command.

    Any specific reasons for using cyber panel ? (Since rest is commandline, was wondering why not webinoly etc for WP)

    probably OLS + LSCache plugin

    My reason is same.

    I am beginning to prefer for LS
    https://openlitespeed.org/kb/1-click-install/

  • @vyas11 said:

    @seenu said:
    is keyhelp stable?

    @vyas11 said:

    @elliotc said:
    For wordpress, I use cyberpanel.
    For others, I use command.

    Any specific reasons for using cyber panel ? (Since rest is commandline, was wondering why not webinoly etc for WP)

    probably OLS + LSCache plugin

    My reason is same.

    I am beginning to prefer for LS
    https://openlitespeed.org/kb/1-click-install/

    Agree, if you don't want DNS, mail etc then 1-click-install is much better.
    i had setup 2 small vpses with 1-click-install and they are running smooth for months.

  • KeyHelp - its free & premium :)

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 13

    @seenu said:

    @vyas11 said:

    @seenu said:
    is keyhelp stable?

    @vyas11 said:

    @elliotc said:
    For wordpress, I use cyberpanel.
    For others, I use command.

    Any specific reasons for using cyber panel ? (Since rest is commandline, was wondering why not webinoly etc for WP)

    probably OLS + LSCache plugin

    My reason is same.

    I am beginning to prefer for LS
    https://openlitespeed.org/kb/1-click-install/

    Agree, if you don't want DNS, mail etc then 1-click-install is much better.
    i had setup 2 small vpses with 1-click-install and they are running smooth for months.

    The first message posted by you only mentioned ls and ls cache. Second message added information that was not available at the time I responded.
    This is
    Information asymmetry :-)

    On that note,

    Merit of hosting dns and mail on same server that hosts wp site is not clear to me. What might they be?

  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Member, Provider
    edited November 13

    Which panels have OLS Support, if not then nginx at least ?? Apache is something I don't admire at all.

    I have found so far-

    cyberpanel - OLS
    aapanel - OLS
    KeyHelp - nginx

    AlphaSSL Revocation Issue is being investigated.

  • @seenu said:
    is keyhelp stable?

    Very stable, I have had no issues with it over the span of 2 years and it has been through a full distribution upgrade even.

    Thanked by 2Ympker seenu
  • @vyas11 said: Merit of hosting dns and mail on same server that hosts wp site is not clear to me. What might they be?

    simple, i don't need to run another instance for mail

    dns i mostly use DO and domain registrars and use CP's dns features when i create many sub-domains for a domain.

    Thanked by 1vyas11
  • aapanel, keyhelp and CWP

  • WiredBladeWiredBlade Member, Provider

    @Mister said:
    Hello,

    which free (open-source) panel do you use to manage your web and email hosting?

    Some of them are going in wrong direction, with every update they make more mess.

    DirectAdmin is very reliable and you can purchase a lifetime license.

    Wired Blade, Inc. [AS398019] - Dedicated Servers & VPS in Phoenix, AZ. Affordable Prices & Excellent Support!
    VPS SALE!! 4 cores 8 GB RAM 60 GB SSD $10 with coupon HALFOFF DDoS Protected, 10Gbps connectivity!

  • Cyberpanel +1

  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member

    @WiredBlade said:

    @Mister said:
    Hello,

    which free (open-source) panel do you use to manage your web and email hosting?

    Some of them are going in wrong direction, with every update they make more mess.

    DirectAdmin is very reliable and you can purchase a lifetime license.

    Which part of OPEN SOURCE were you unable to comprehend?

  • @G4SHI said:
    KeyHelp - its free & premium :)

    Free AND Open Source? Or is it a freeware license?

  • @vyas11 said:

    @G4SHI said:
    KeyHelp - its free & premium :)

    Free AND Open Source? Or is it a freeware license?

    Its just free. Not encrypted. Not for redistribution. So its hard to use for your clients. Good for personal server.

  • wdmgwdmg Member, Provider

    @Mister said:
    DirectAdmin is cool for larger servers and commercial projects. 1GB/2GB RAM VPS is not so for DA.

    I’d disagree, DA + LiteSpeed + CloudLinux runs smoothly on 1G and 2G VM’s.

    Geek Solutions - Canadian based IT Infrastructure, Transit and Hosting Provider | Shared, Reseller Hosting | VPS | Cloud | Dedicated Servers | IP Transit | Managed Services | LIR Services

  • Hestia CP

    Thanked by 1Falzo
  • LESLES Member

    Hestia, Centmin Mod

    VPS List ★ LowEndStock.com ★ | → Follow @ Twitter | → Best (limited) VPS Deals

  • I have been using Virtualmin Community Edition for some years now.

  • WiredBladeWiredBlade Member, Provider
    edited November 14

    @K4Y5 said:

    @WiredBlade said:

    @Mister said:
    Hello,

    which free (open-source) panel do you use to manage your web and email hosting?

    Some of them are going in wrong direction, with every update they make more mess.

    DirectAdmin is very reliable and you can purchase a lifetime license.

    Which part of OPEN SOURCE were you unable to comprehend?

    Sorry, completely did not notice open source for some reason.

    If end users are not provided access to the control panel, Webmin can be enough to manage the web and email hosting on the server as well as manage the server in general.

    Wired Blade, Inc. [AS398019] - Dedicated Servers & VPS in Phoenix, AZ. Affordable Prices & Excellent Support!
    VPS SALE!! 4 cores 8 GB RAM 60 GB SSD $10 with coupon HALFOFF DDoS Protected, 10Gbps connectivity!

  • @arifur said:
    I have been using Virtualmin Community Edition for some years now.

    I am wondering how well they are with nginx now. Many years ago, running nginx with it was not a good experience. But now I read that we can install Virtualmin directly with Nginx installed, not like before.

  • only webmin ;)

    don't forget to click Thanks

Sign In or Register to comment.