Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Better configure Email server or buy zohomail, gsuite etc?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Better configure Email server or buy zohomail, gsuite etc?

Hello

I'm value to build an email server. but my fears it's spam issue.

Actually I use zohomail and gsuite.. Zoho is more cheap and I use for many project..I dont hate but everytime I need to buy new account...

i'm not capable to manage an email server (my old experiments sucks)

How you manage email? What I can use? What I wrong?

Comments

• MXRoute?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

What I can use?

https://mxroute.blackfriday/

Do the right thing.

Thanked by 2chiccorosso CUTA
  • thanks for your advise!

• I also highly recommend @jar's MXRoute. Friendly owner, awesome service, and good prices.

• Yandex free

• I don't understand what kind of service you are looking for, but I add two more to look at and compare.
    Mailcheap
    Protonmail

• m4num4nu Member, Patron Provider

Self-hosting email is still possible, but a fair amount of work to get started and have good deliverability to all big providers.

It does get easier over time. Mailcow is a good starting point for configs. If email delivery isn't your main business, the effort may not be worth it. In that case go with MXRoute or something similar.

• I'm happy with Zoho mail (paid).

• I use gsuite for drive mainly but figured I should make the most of their email which has been great. When the day comes that I leave gsuite I'm switching to mxroute.

• Tried few providers. Mxroute is the most affordable. Gsuite has the best spam filter and deliverability.

Thanked by 1chiccorosso
  • Mailcow + Amazon SES is good, but need to maintain the server

• agroupagroup Member
    edited November 2020

I am running my own custom configured mail server from last couple of years for learning purpose and managing my personal email addreses.

Server is based on (Postfix, Dovecot, MySQL, PostfixAdmin, SpamAssasin, PostGrey) with all the required actions for the mail deliverability like DKIM, SPF, DMARC. To avoid the redundant tasks have written some bash scripts which generate these things for the new domains. It have not been easy to be honest as i don't have deep understanding of some protocols. I have also setup the pflogsum to generate the daily report from the logs.

To avoid spam I had to apply some checks and remove it later because there is a chance to miss some important email due to poor configured email servers.

iRedMail, MailCow can be a good and hassle free start if you quickly want to setup an email server of your own. gsuite might be the best option if you want to use for personal email but gets expensive in case you have alot of domains.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2020

We use Zoho and MxRoute. Some weeks ago I had put together a list of email providers . It includes some names mentioned in this discussion...btw Migadu is another service so is and Zimbra @Radi though we haven’t used either.

• @chiccorosso said: i'm not capable to manage an email server (my old experiments sucks)

Have you tried Mailcow? If not, I would highly recommend you to at least try it out.

• not sure how many will agree, but cyberpanel comes with mail feature which should suffice for your requirements. (probably many more panels provides dovecot etc)

• I use https://mailinabox.email/ with a 1 vCORE and 1GB RAM VPS (personal use).
    It works great and it's all in one solution (dovecot, spamassassin, greylist, DKIM, DMARC, DNS, nginx, etc). Backup solution is great too and I use S3 compliant solution.
    I have 10/10 in mail-tester.com
    And this solution got a daily check in case there is a software update, IP blacklist issue, etc

Thanked by 1seenu
  • +1 for Zoho

• Zoho. No headaches.

• +1 MXRoute. No issues, 5+ years' running :)

• Interesting mailcow I need to test it

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@dedipromo said: MXRoute?

+1

@jar

• jtdoankjtdoank Member
    edited November 2020

maybe can help

https://www.mailcheap.co/

anyone maybe already tried it can inform too
    i didn't try yet but it seems the rate is good 😁