Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Racknerd does not provide a refund, is a very bad thing, please resist this behavior!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Racknerd does not provide a refund, is a very bad thing, please resist this behavior!

Comments

• Why do you want a refund ?

Thanked by 1mikei
  • Lol.. need popcorn!

• There are many providers out there without refunds - it isn't their 'duty' to provide a refund, unless they implied about it on their ToS, etc.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited November 2020

Are you Trump by any chance? xD

That title lol.

"Racknerd does not provide a refund, is a very bad thing, please resist this behavior!"

Thanked by 1RIYAD
  • Dont have any issues with racknerd myself. Lets hear @dustinc side of this case.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Ahh, nvm.. I see what it is now..

OP got a free server and canceled his paid one. He didint get refund so he made a thread.

• @stefeman said:
    Ahh, nvm.. I see what it is now..

OP got a free server and canceled his paid one. He didint get refund so he made a thread.

Wtf if that's true!!

• What a dimwit

• @stefeman said: OP got a free server and canceled his paid one. He didint get refund so he made a thread.

If that is true, Go RackNerd!

I've had a reseller plan with them for some basic staging sites, absolutely perfect host, definitely worth prem moneys!

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • @stefeman said:

lmao :smile:

• @stefeman said:

I pay for a VPS with nexusbytes, and I didn't like claiming some of the free perks while I do have legit use for it. I have been doing this wrong all this time ?

• did you apply for a refund or refound?

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • @hellohost said:

They are in the business of making money, and not a charity giving out free money without a legit cause. :lol:

• @stefeman said:

If that’s true, as the provider I would cancel the free one as well, just for fun!

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

What does the contract say ?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@hellohost said:

It's bad behaviour to actually not read the TOS of the provider please resist this behaviour and it's even worse behaviour to expect a refund after receiving the service you paid for

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited November 2020

@Clouvider said:
    What does the contract say ?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
    Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
    Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!

🦊

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2020

@LeonDynamic said:

@stefeman said:

If that’s true, as the provider I would cancel the free one as well, just for fun!

And don't forget to add a FraudRecord for entry for such behaviour as others might not want to have such customers too :sunglasses:

• LeeLee Veteran

@HostSlick said: And don't forget to add a FraudRecord for entry for such behaviour as others might not want to have such customers too

You would add a fraudrecord entry just because someone was unhappy and opened a thread. Well you're a bit of dick then.

Thanked by 3HostSlick BlaZe vedran
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Lee said:

@HostSlick said: And don't forget to add a FraudRecord for entry for such behaviour as others might not want to have such customers too

You would add a fraudrecord entry just because someone was unhappy and opened a thread. Well you're a bit of dick then.

I bet you that the other side story tell you that customer signed up, violated T&C, account was suspended and customer asked for a refund and now not happy with provider. Unfortunately all the stories are 99.8% are the same!

Thanked by 1HostSlick
  • it’s hard to be a provider of 100% good reviews. according to most of the feedback, this host has no unreasonable problems, just your own problems, such as wanting to buy perfect services at a lower price.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@hellohost said:

Hello @hellohost -- thank you for commenting.

I can confirm per our terms of service, we do not promote/provide refunds. Are you just letting the public know this? Or are you an actual paying customer that has requested a refund, and the request has been denied?

I should mention that while our terms of services indicate we do not provide refunds, we do and have bent the rules to provide our valued customers' refunds on a case by case basis.

If you'd like for me to look into a refund request, please feel free to email [email protected] I'll do my best to help.

• LeeLee Veteran

@WebProject said: I bet you that the other side story tell you that customer signed up, violated T&C, account was suspended and customer asked for a refund and now not happy with provider. Unfortunately all the stories are 99.8% are the same!

Well if that is what really happened fair enough, but in the meantime, suggesting someone should be reported on FraudRecord for simply opening a thread because he/she didn't get a refund still makes any provider a dick.

• @Lee said:

@WebProject said: I bet you that the other side story tell you that customer signed up, violated T&C, account was suspended and customer asked for a refund and now not happy with provider. Unfortunately all the stories are 99.8% are the same!

Well if that is what really happened fair enough, but in the meantime, suggesting someone should be reported on FraudRecord for simply opening a thread because he/she didn't get a refund still makes any provider a dick.

Well, I'd agree if it was just starting a complaint thread (and to be honest, it's a shit post without details), but it's not "simply" what you stated. The piss off part was getting something for free and then demanding a refund for something previously purchased. Whether true or not, that was the information available at the time of the post you responded to.

Not a provider myself, but when one fucks with free giveaways that could mean less or no more giveaways in the future, that hurts everyone.

To other providers, they probably want others to report on shitty customers for the system to have value. As long as reports use true data and not a false claim, should be within their prerogative.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I wish people made topics about this for mxroute.

• @Lee said: Well if that is what really happened fair enough, but in the meantime, suggesting someone should be reported on FraudRecord for simply opening a thread because he/she didn't get a refund still makes any provider a dick.

FraudRecord actually promotes you leaving feedback on clients like this, "they opened too many support tickets and made a thread on a forum about us". I agree with your comment though, it's a shame that a provider who pays for FR is able to tarnish a user from getting a service with other paying FR users because of a reccomended fraudscore.

The impact of fraud however (actual fraud, not whiny customers) likely far outweighs the 'few' customers who are impacted by this.

I would hope that companies using the FR tool are more likely to refer customers for manual processing than outright rejection, however to actuall retain that order and customer turnaround needs to be fairly quick.

• OP is long time gone. Such 'reviews' should be closed as it brings 0 value and drama.

Thanked by 2dustinc MrH
  • I think @dustinc handled this professionally and given the likelihood the OP has done something to breach ToS, I think this is a 404 drama not found situation.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • LeeLee Veteran

@TimboJones said: Well, I'd agree if it was just starting a complaint thread (and to be honest, it's a shit post without details), but it's not "simply" what you stated. The piss off part was getting something for free and then demanding a refund for something previously purchased. Whether true or not, **that was the information available at the time of the post you responded to

Where I don't see that to be the case, not that I am in any way interested but still.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited November 2020

@Lee said:

@TimboJones said: Well, I'd agree if it was just starting a complaint thread (and to be honest, it's a shit post without details), but it's not "simply" what you stated. The piss off part was getting something for free and then demanding a refund for something previously purchased. Whether true or not, **that was the information available at the time of the post you responded to

Where I don't see that to be the case, not that I am in any way interested but still.

??? It's right in the quote thread you responded to Hostslick with. And original posts above that. The key thing here is, "If that's true..." about what stefeman inferred.