Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggest me a dedicated server / 350 € mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggest me a dedicated server / 350 € mo

MisterMister Member
edited November 2020 in Requests

Hello,

suggest me a dedicated server for 350 € per month. It must be located in Europe, with good connectivity (and please outside of Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary...)

CPU, RAM, NVMe SSD it's up on you what will you suggest in this price range.

2 ipv4 + 2 ipv6

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited November 2020

Hetzner, any day.

You have your budget stated, it would also be helpful for the community to chip in with suggestions if you could at least describe your use case.

• atomiatomi Member
    edited November 2020

Check @Clouvider since their connectivity is really good
    If you are looking only good connectivity within Europe, then Hetzner might have something for you

Thanked by 2Clouvider Mister
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@atomi said:
    Check @Clouvider since their connectivity is really good

Thank you very much for the recommendation!

@Mister, have a look at our current sales specials in London, Amsterdam and Frankfurt (as well as Los Angeles, Atlanta and New York if of any interest)

https://www.clouvider.co.uk/dedicated-servers-sale/

Thanked by 1Mister
  • @Mister said: good connectivity

Can recommend Leaseweb NL location for supreme connectivity.

• I highly recommend @LiteServer for NL

Good Network and prem support.

Thanked by 2LiteServer t0m

@kp93 said:
    I highly recommend @LiteServer for NL

For a VPS yes definitely, but when have they started offering dedicated severs? ☺️ Nevertheless, Callum’s a cool guy.

• definitely zare.com

• @thedp said:

@kp93 said:

For a VPS yes definitely, but when have they started offering dedicated severs? ☺️ Nevertheless, Callum’s a cool guy.

I contacted them, they already provide it though not listed on their new website.

Also they provide shared DA hosting.

I have Dedicated, VPS and Shared from them.

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

For 350 eur/mo, you can also look at datacenter operators like serverius or worldstream for colo and go with see what you can get from their hardware financing departments/services.

• MisterMister Member
    edited November 2020

It's for my ex boss, I think they will host Windows with RDP accounts for his stores. It's a Swiss company based in Swiss Alps, the company is renting ski equipment. They operate 15 stores in season and all of them are using Microsoft Office + booking/renting software and accounting things on the RDP (they call it cloud workspace).

@kp93 said:

@thedp said:

@kp93 said:

I contacted them, they already provide it though not listed on their new website.

Oh that’s interesting.

Care to chime in Callum? @LiteServer 😉

Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider

@thedp said:

@kp93 said:

@thedp said:

@kp93 said:

Oh that’s interesting.

Care to chime in Callum? @LiteServer 😉

Hi, please send us a email on [email protected] with your requirements so that we can see what we can do for you.

Thanked by 2kp93 DP
  • DMZHost.co(Novogara resell :) )
    OVH

• drunkendogdrunkendog Member
    edited November 2020

No reason not to go with OVH for that price.
    Edit: Something like this

Thanked by 1Mister
  • I'd look at this one, https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/dell/dx181 and add disks/ram to your needs. That CPU is a beast.

• Just use metadedi or serverhunter and sort from high to low

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited November 2020

@Mister

Normally I'd say to look at @Clouvider, Leaseweb, and Serverius (not Hetzner because it's about quality and not about cheap), but in your case, as the HQ are in Switzerland I recommend to look for a server in Luxemburg. They have a couple of decent colos, decent connectivity to AMS, LON, PAR, FRA and are maybe the best for you/your ex-boss.

Thanked by 1Mister
  • I would do AWS amazon Workspaces for front end and AWS Lightsail for Win Server 2019 for backend. Put all in the same zone (frankfurt or london) and really tighten security on the group. Low bandwidth charges because you are in same zone and robust AWS services to avoid low end drama. Depending on usage- workspaces can be hourly. Thus you have an agile flexible network of front end and back end that can grow as needed. You may also want to investigate MS Azure for their solutions. However AWS could come in close to budget I think.