Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner New prices for cPanel licenses for 1/2021
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner New prices for cPanel licenses for 1/2021

Hello All

Just received this sad email from Hetzner and seems to be another cpanel price increase.

"We are writing to you because you use one or more cPanel licenses for your servers.

We at Hetzner strive to offer you our products at the lowest possible price.

However, cPanel has recently changed the pricing structure for its licenses. Therefore, we will also need to adjust to cPanel's new prices, which will come into effect on 1 January 2021.

You can find the new prices for all the cPanel licenses we have on offer here: https://docs.hetzner.com/robot/dedicated-server/operating-systems/cpanel/#cpanelwhm-licenses

If you are unhappy with the new prices, you can cancel your cPanel license(s) via the Robot administration interface: https://robot.your-server.de"

Thanks

Comments

• CPanel already announced a few months ago.
    so better to increase your customer prices also.

• @Hetzner_OL Any plan on including DirectAdmin and/or Interworx licenses?

• Yeah, cPanel will just keep increasing the price :/

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Are you gonna blame Hetzner for the price increase?

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • @mhosting_in said:
    CPanel already announced a few months ago.

My prices are already high because I provide web designing but I'm thinking of migrating to vestacp or hestiacp because most of my clients are not using the panel.

• @Ympker said:
    Yeah, cPanel will just keep increasing the price :/

for the same old designed slow panel

• @deank said:
    Are you gonna blame Hetzner for the price increase?

I will not for sure, Hetzner has nothing to do with this, and they can't handle this increase.

• Ditch cPanel entirely. This increase is massive:

Up to 2500 accounts old price: €269.50 new price: €450.10.

50.1946% difference.

• @LTniger said:
    Ditch cPanel entirely. This increase is massive:

50.1946% difference.

Um, sorry, but how? It's a 67% increase according to me.

Thanked by 2Levi Clouvider
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Doesn't matter how much of an increase, what matters is that the price increase is large enough.

Thus, the end is nigh.

• @deank said:
    Doesn't matter how much of an increase, what matters is that the price increase is large enough.

Thus, the end is nigh.

Yeah, doubt anybody is sticking with cPanel when DA exists, was just curious about the math.

• @AC_Fan said: Um, sorry, but how?

You are correct. Wrong formula. It is 67.013% increase.

• @Jorbox said:

@mhosting_in said:

My prices are already high because I provide web designing but I'm thinking of migrating to vestacp or hestiacp because most of my clients are not using the panel.

go for cyberpanel or apiscp.

• @seenu said

Cyberpanel is paid if full htaccess support is required.

Better if he goes with hestiacp or ispconfig.

• @seenu said:

@Jorbox said:

@mhosting_in said:

I have servers running cyberpanel but its not stable, they sometime fail and I have to restart the server manually.

• @niceboy said:

@seenu said

I have tried Ispconfig and it seems to be very secure but its hard to use for clients, Hestiacp introduced a new file manager and its easier since its based on Vestacp and its already made to be easy.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Jorbox said:

@seenu said:

@Jorbox said:

@mhosting_in said:

I have servers running cyberpanel but its not stable, they sometime fail and I have to restart the server manually.

Do you have watchdog running?

• @niceboy said:

@seenu said

I don't think so, i am using it for wordpress and laravel sites and don't have such issues.
    IIRC, some 1+years back i had such problem with laravel site but after that, they are parsing htaccess rules properly.

@Jorbox said:

@seenu said:

@Jorbox said:

@mhosting_in said:

i never had such problem.

cyberpanel has issues and i found many small small issues too but overall, if you are the only person using panel then you can use it without any issues.

• @Jorbox said:

@niceboy said:

@seenu said

I have tried Ispconfig and it seems to be very secure but its hard to use for clients, Hestiacp introduced a new file manager and its easier since its based on Vestacp and its already made to be easy.

ISPConfig is very stable, mate. I just wish someone did a more modern theme for it and maybe re-arrange the Dashboard. Hestiacp is good though :)

• @Jorbox said:

@mhosting_in said:

for single panel, webuzo is good or multiple direct admin is cheap affordable but they also chasing with Cpanel.

• @LTniger said:
    Ditch cPanel entirely. This increase is massive:

50.1946% difference.

The web hosting industry needs to trend #boycott_cpanel to stop price hike.

• Remember, ones the talk use to be like, get a Dedi, use proxmox or something, and get a cPanel VPS license

Then, cPanel, new owners decided to play a game >:) , and I don't think they are loosing....

• niceboyniceboy Veteran
    edited November 2020

@seenu said:

@niceboy said:

@seenu said

I don't think so, i am using it for wordpress and laravel sites and don't have such issues.
    IIRC, some 1+years back i had such problem with laravel site but after that, they are parsing htaccess rules properly.

The free version of cyber panel uses open litespeed. Open litespeed partially support the use of htaccess(probably, if you dont change your htaccess rules often, should work for you.)

Here is more info : https://help.poralix.com/articles/does-openlitespeed-support-htaccess-and-rewrite-rules-directadmin

Does OpenLiteSpeed support .htaccess and rewrite rules?

Yes, OpenLiteSpeed (OLS) supports mod_rewrite rules in .htaccess file, but currently it is done with some restrictions. The mod_rewrite rules from .htaccess are loaded by OLS at a start time only.

Practically it means, every time you modify rewrite rules in .htaccess file via FTP/SSH/sFTP you need to reload OpenLiteSpeed. The web server won't either read your changes or find new .htaccess file until you reload/restart it.

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

Virtualmin.

It’s beautiful, it’s easy to use, and it’s FOSS

• Hetzner pretty much resells the licenses and don't make much on them, same as OVH.

It can be a bit annoying buying licenses from the provider anyway, though the upgrade/downgrade is never easy to the point where many get them from cPanel store or signup as a cPanel Partner to save the hassle.

• JorboxJorbox Member
    edited November 2020

@seenu said:

@niceboy said:

@seenu said

@Jorbox said:

@seenu said:

@Jorbox said:

@mhosting_in said:

cyberpanel has issues and i found many small small issues too but overall, if you are the only person using panel then you can use it without any issues.

The server is 32gb ram but it reaches 98% ram after a day or two of running then start showing 404 error on all websites pages after searching on Google there are a lot of related problems in their forum and the panel still in beta from years

• @Ympker said:

@Jorbox said:

@niceboy said:

@seenu said

ISPConfig is very stable, mate. I just wish someone did a more modern theme for it and maybe re-arrange the Dashboard. Hestiacp is good though :)

Yes bro me too, ispconfig only needs a simple theme

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Jorbox said:

@seenu said:

@niceboy said:

@seenu said

@Jorbox said:

@seenu said:

@Jorbox said:

@mhosting_in said:

The server is 32gb ram but it reaches 98% ram after a day or two of running then start showing 404 error on all websites pages after searching on Google there are a lot of related problems in their forum and the panel still in beta from years

by any chance is that vps from ssdnodes? and i never faced such issue so can't speak.