Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] Black Friday 2020! A little early? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] Black Friday 2020! A little early?

Comments

• @levnode said:
    Hi @jar, do you support API for your email service?

MXroute API supported by DirectAdmin. You could use its API.

Thanked by 1levnode
  • Purchased. Looking forward to reseller deal. Don’t mind paying more than previous years deals

I know jar said no plan but still making a wish

Thanked by 2dominame user123
  • I'll share the wish, @kyaky - do you think it's worth slowing my site buildi - oh, of course not, it's only 4 days to BF!

• Can I ask when do the current offers end, is it when stock is exhausted, or end of Black Friday, end of cyber Monday etc

Basically I want to order and not miss out, but if a 50GB package came along at say $10 more I'd be very tempted

• hey jar.. i just payed my yearly fee for my bf 2017 deal. is it possible to just upgrade?

• @nobizzle perhaps the absolute first FAQ in the post explains things clearly

Q: Can I switch my plan to this promo?
    A: You can purchase a new promo and migrate your own data to it freely, but no action will be taken on our part to assist with the billing or migration when moving to a promo. It's nothing personal, it's just how we sustain promotions by relying on our automated systems, and promos are often entirely based on newly provisioned servers.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@misterm said: Can I ask when do the current offers end, is it when stock is exhausted, or end of Black Friday, end of cyber Monday etc

Variables are too dynamic to offer anything resembling a clear answer. I have no intention of allowing a black friday sale to go out of stock prior to the end of black friday, for what that's worth. Intention can be changed by results.

Thanked by 1user123
  • damn, I already have the BF 2019 deal but I was somehow under the impression I needed to diversify my mxroute portfolio :D
    Thanks @jar for the awesome service, everything just works out of the box and I did not have any problems in the last year.
    Also just looked into crossbox - looks good :)

100% recommend mxroute!

• @jar said: anyone who has to send hundreds of emails at a time to qq.com (I don't even know)

@qq.com Email account, Very popular in China.

QQ mail usernames are numbers, like this [email protected]

Therefore, numbers are generated in batches and can be sent to a valid mailbox.

• Waiting for 5$ plan

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited November 2020

@jar said:

@azeem said:

@jar said:

@azeem said: Ahh! I know this might be very low priority but any temporary workaround for this?

Using a shorter password has been reported as working.

Went as low as 4 characters but still shows as ' Wrong username or password'

If it works at mail.mxlogin.com it should work. Any chance you discovered a password character that might not be passing? The pieces weren't made to work together :(

Better nextcloud integration coming very soon.

Hi @jar, just curious: would a legacy (cPanel) account on eagle also have an associated Nextcloud account? My password (8 characters) doesn't work at cloud.mxroute.com, and nor does the password reset function there appear to work.

(My account is a special package called "FIVE" from BF 2017.)

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I'm eyeing the $5 plan. Google canceled so many products. I would need a backup email when Gmail goes deadpool.

I wonder whether this service is suitable for programmatically send and receive emails?
    Is there a webhook to receive incoming email (i.e. the service would trigger an HTTP request to my backend server), or do I have to maintain an IMAP session?

What does "300 outbound per hour (per email)" mean?
    I suppose every inbox listed in To, Cc, or Bcc would count as "1".
    Then what does "per email" mean?

• @angstrom said:

@jar said:

@azeem said:

@jar said:

@azeem said: Ahh! I know this might be very low priority but any temporary workaround for this?

If it works at mail.mxlogin.com it should work. Any chance you discovered a password character that might not be passing? The pieces weren't made to work together :(

Hi @jar, just curious: would a legacy (cPanel) account on eagle also have an associated Nextcloud account? My password (8 characters) doesn't work at cloud.mxroute.com, and nor does the password reset function there appear to work.

@jar, it works after all! :smile:

To be honest, I wasn't really aware that there was a Nextcloud account bundled with an email account until now! All is good now.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @angstrom said:

@angstrom said:

@jar said:

@azeem said:

@jar said:

@jar, it works after all! :smile:

To be honest, I wasn't really aware that there was a Nextcloud account bundled with an email account until now! All is good now.

Congratulations on your latest post
    (And Happy Thxgiving if you celebrate!)

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @yoursunny said: What does "300 outbound per hour (per email)" mean?

I think that "per email" means "per email account": so 300 outbound per hour per email account.

Thanked by 1adly

@angstrom said:

@yoursunny said: What does "300 outbound per hour (per email)" mean?

I think that "per email" means "per email account": so 300 outbound per hour per email account.

The $5 plan allows 25 email accounts, so I can send 7500 outbound messages total?
    (my expected volume is nowhere near that but it's good to understand)

• @yoursunny said:

@angstrom said:

The $5 plan allows 25 email accounts, so I can send 7500 outbound messages total?

Yes, this is my understanding of the matter, but perhaps @jar can confirm

• @yoursunny I believe you are correct. But how many users on let have companies with 7500 customers that they absolutely must email within an hour? Plus remember the other thing- if its a mailing list, it must be opt in. Again, how many people on here have a true opt in list of 7500 that must get a mailing within an hour

Thanked by 1jar
    edited November 2020

@yoursunny said:

@angstrom said:

Why people so obsessed with testing boundaries just to figure out where they are I'll never know. But sure if you have 25 different use cases (rather than you created each email account for the purpose of going over 300 per hour with one use case), you're not sending bulk marketing or spam, then your math is solid. You'd be the first, thus why checking the boundaries for the sole purpose of finding out where they are Is a big red flag to me.

If you find a way to cost me far too much money within the boundaries of the policy I'll refund and give notice of cancellation, then add to the policy. I won't watch the ship sink just because someone found a new use case I wasn't aware of.

Thanked by 2adly Chronic

@appcomq said:

@jar said: anyone who has to send hundreds of emails at a time to qq.com (I don't even know)

@qq.com Email account, Very popular in China.

QQ mail usernames are numbers, like this [email protected]

Therefore, numbers are generated in batches and can be sent to a valid mailbox.

I understand. If you send too many emails to qq.com in a short period of time there's a penalty and it impacts delivery of our customer's emails to them. I no longer let that happen, thus the policy.

@yoursunny said:
    I wonder whether this service is suitable for programmatically send and receive emails?

Sure. That's what my WHMCS does.

Is there a webhook to receive incoming email (i.e. the service would trigger an HTTP request to my backend server), or do I have to maintain an IMAP session?

Not on our end but you're welcome to make any connectors you need to sit between you and our mail servers.

@angstrom said:

@jar said:

@azeem said:

@jar said:

Anything that works with Crossbox should work.

• @jar said:

@yoursunny said:

@angstrom said:

Why people so obsessed with testing boundaries just to figure out where they are I'll never know. But sure if you have 25 different use cases (rather than you created each email account for the purpose of going over 300 per hour with one use case), you're not sending bulk marketing or spam, then your math is solid. You'd be the first, thus why checking the boundaries for the sole purpose of finding out where they are Is a big red flag to me.

If you find a way to cost me far too much money within the boundaries of the policy I'll refund and give notice of cancellation, then add to the policy. I won't watch the ship sink just because someone found a new use case I wasn't aware of.

I think that @yoursunny, who's a well-known guy from the other forum, just wanted to understand what "per email" meant (and I was just trying to clarify this to him). I don't think that he's inclined to test boundaries. :smile:

Thanked by 2jar adly
    edited November 2020

@angstrom said:
    I think that @yoursunny, who's a well-known guy from the other forum, just wanted to understand what "per email" meant (and I was just trying to clarify this to him). I don't think that he's inclined to test boundaries. :smile:

Ah I'm well-known now.

@jar said:

@yoursunny said:

@angstrom said:

Thanks for explanation. "300/hour per use case" sounds reasonable.
    I thought it's "300/hour" for the whole plan, which would be problematic.

There's absolutely no spam or marketing involved. Possible use cases include:

• In a continuous integration system, inform the developer the result of test case execution. The email address is in their git commit.
    • In a website that accepts user registration, confirm the email address of the user. The email address is entered on the form.

Right now my buddy is sending these through a Gmail account. It's not hitting rate limits, but half of the messages are landing in spam, causing confusion on the recipient side.

Te biggest question is: when would the $5 plan open?

Thanked by 2jar kalimov622
  • Hello @jar is the $5 plan open at midnight EST today?

@ashcraye said:
    Hello @jar is the $5 plan open at midnight EST today?

I haven't planned it as being at a specific hour to be honest.

Thanked by 2uzaysan ashcraye
  • uzaysanuzaysan Member
    edited November 2020

@jar said:

@ashcraye said:

When do you planning to open it? I'm also interested in that plan

@uzaysan said:

@jar said:

@ashcraye said:

When do you planning to open it? I'm also interested in that plan

When it feels right. I don't plan out my days, we like to let the days play out dynamically here in East Texas :)

• @jar I've sent you a PM, once you get a moment could you please check it :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • Me: Eh. I know it will take me forever to get around to setting this up, just like last time.

Also Me: Oh, there's also a lifetime offer? So I can take forever? Well, alright then.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Thanks @jar, Fantastic email provider. I have been buying plans every BF and using it for a few clients.

But this year, I will also wait for your larger disk plans, you seem to mention end of the month ? Clients always seem to want more email space even if they never use even 25% of it :-)

Thanked by 2jar user123