Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] Black Friday 2020! A little early? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] Black Friday 2020! A little early?

Comments

• One of a few provider that I forgot that I even had until someone mentioned them. Really solid service. Never had a problem, that is why I forgot I even using them LOL.

Thanked by 2jar webmaster24
  • eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited November 2020

@jar said: So let's get down to the package we're making available today from our https://mxroute.blackfriday website:

Nice deal, shared the offer/link on my Centmin Mod forums for my members as well as they're always looking at alternative @domain email providers.

One question is alias domain/parking supported ?

i.e. [email protected] and [email protected] sharing same email account inbox allowing custom sending of emails from either domain ?

Thanked by 1jar
  • edited November 2020

@eva2000 said:

@jar said: So let's get down to the package we're making available today from our https://mxroute.blackfriday website:

Nice deal, shared the offer/link on my Centmin Mod forums for my members as well as they're always looking at alternative @domain email providers.

One question is alias domain/parking supported ?

i.e. [email protected] and [email protected] sharing same email account inbox allowing custom sending of emails from either domain ?

I believe it is supported, using domain pointer feature on DirectAdmin.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @tommmy said:
    One of a few provider that I forgot that I even had until someone mentioned them. Really solid service. Never had a problem, that is why I forgot I even using them LOL.

I have a BF deal from last year which I forgot I have also.. just logged in to have a peek around.

@jar I know this is primarily an email service, but I couldn't help but notice there's a file manager if you search for it. Is hosting a simple static site allowed on this? Did I find something I shouldn't have?

Thanked by 1jar
  • @dahartigan said:

@tommmy said:
    One of a few provider that I forgot that I even had until someone mentioned them. Really solid service. Never had a problem, that is why I forgot I even using them LOL.

I have a BF deal from last year which I forgot I have also.. just logged in to have a peek around.

@jar I know this is primarily an email service, but I couldn't help but notice there's a file manager if you search for it. Is hosting a simple static site allowed on this? Did I find something I shouldn't have?

I would guess that it's related to the NextCloud account every email account gets (that I just learned about this week). :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2020

@dahartigan said: @jar I know this is primarily an email service, but I couldn't help but notice there's a file manager if you search for it. Is hosting a simple static site allowed on this? Did I find something I shouldn't have?

It's there just a "best effort" to hide it from view. If you host any files on it they may get removed. I need the web server working solely on webmail.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @jar said:

@dahartigan said: @jar I know this is primarily an email service, but I couldn't help but notice there's a file manager if you search for it. Is hosting a simple static site allowed on this? Did I find something I shouldn't have?

It's there just a "best effort" to hide it from view. If you host any files on it they may get removed. I need the web server working solely on webmail.

Gotcha! Makes sense, I don't intend to use it, was just curious.

• @jar does MX Route has Catch-All email features? for example someone emails to nonexisting email ([email protected]) and its automatically forwarded to some email. Like what Zoho have

@DianTama said:
    @jar does MX Route has Catch-All email features? for example someone emails to nonexisting email ([email protected]) and its automatically forwarded to some email. Like what Zoho have

Yeah. I generally don't recommend it as spammers will sometimes pick a domain and start testing randomly generated usernames on it, then they'll pass the successful ones on to a list that gets used by more spammers, often increasing exponentially over time. Doesn't happen to everyone but when it does, good way to trash a domain.

• @jar just signed up. Very nice initial experience so far :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • Do you backup our email? How often? :)

You say you offer SMTP - does that mean I can point postfix at MXroute to handle mail delivery for my VPSs within the delivery rate limits?

• @riot said:
    Do you backup our email? How often? :)

You say you offer SMTP - does that mean I can point postfix at MXroute to handle mail delivery for my VPSs within the delivery rate limits?

You could set it up on postfix as an email relay..

• I'm looking into MXroute for my emails and noticed there an iOS app ?

What I'm looking for is an email provider that let me set the criteria for the email app to send push messages (eg: mail from email X or where the subject contains Y should should send me a push message, the other should not).

Is this possible ?

Thanks

@riot said: Do you backup our email? How often?

Currently daily backups to these: https://www.hetzner.com/storage/storage-box

@riot said: You say you offer SMTP - does that mean I can point postfix at MXroute to handle mail delivery for my VPSs within the delivery rate limits?

Yes but be careful. A lot of times people do this and don't look at what they're sending. So they'll start flooding cron notifications from "root@localhost" or their client's wordpress starts sending spoofed spam emails from abuse of contact forms, stuff like that. Just make sure you're on top of it.

@wlambrechts said: What I'm looking for is an email provider that let me set the criteria for the email app to send push messages (eg: mail from email X or where the subject contains Y should should send me a push message, the other should not).

I am not aware of how you might achieve that, if I'm honest.

Thanked by 2eva2000 riot
  • @wlambrechts said:
    I'm looking into MXroute for my emails and noticed there an iOS app ?

What I'm looking for is an email provider that let me set the criteria for the email app to send push messages (eg: mail from email X or where the subject contains Y should should send me a push message, the other should not).

Is this possible ?

Thanks

Microsoft Power Automate (previously Flows)

Thanked by 1jar
  • This year’s Black Friday price benchmark is not cost-effective in 2018. It is difficult for me to convince myself, is there any advantage to this year’s package?

• @mirrce said:
    This year’s Black Friday price benchmark is not cost-effective in 2018. It is difficult for me to convince myself, is there any advantage to this year’s package?

Do you need a proper email hosting or do you want a proper email hosting?

If you have a need for it, this is absolutely a steal.

Any good and growing business out here will have hard time matching their early days promos. As those are usually lose leader to gain visibility and market share.

@mirrce said:
    This year’s Black Friday price benchmark is not cost-effective in 2018. It is difficult for me to convince myself, is there any advantage to this year’s package?

Well for what it's worth, it's not Black Friday yet :)

• dominamedominame Member
    edited November 2020

No reseller deals for this BF so got myself a $15 deal for a few personal mailboxes in the interim as my site and billing system for hosting and all that stuff is not set up yet.

Gobsmacked. So easy to transfer everything over. No more incoming blocked, so I'm getting all the mails that were previously not arriving for my domain aftermarket business among other things. It all just works. Fantastic.

To add icing on the cake, in this thread @Jar tells us Blesta can be used to provision via DA. I'm in the process of signing up for another deal (not mail) which gives me DA and Blesta for the hosting platform.

As an atheist who doesn't believe in Christmas I must be 6 years old again! B)

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jar just realised from this thread that there is a NextCloud instance https://cloud.mxroute.com/ which is like awesome! But I was unable to login with my existing MxRoute credentials. Am I missing something? I am on the legacy 'Ocean' server

@azeem said:
    @jar just realised from this thread that there is a NextCloud instance https://cloud.mxroute.com/ which is like awesome! But I was unable to login with my existing MxRoute credentials. Am I missing something? I am on the legacy 'Ocean' server

There's an issue where long passwords aren't passing through it.

Thanked by 1azeem
  • @jar said:

@azeem said:
    @jar just realised from this thread that there is a NextCloud instance https://cloud.mxroute.com/ which is like awesome! But I was unable to login with my existing MxRoute credentials. Am I missing something? I am on the legacy 'Ocean' server

There's an issue where long passwords aren't passing through it.

Ahh! I know this might be very low priority but any temporary workaround for this?

@azeem said: Ahh! I know this might be very low priority but any temporary workaround for this?

Using a shorter password has been reported as working.

• Only If the Liftime plan had more storage say 100 GB . That would be a dream come true BF!

Thanked by 1user123
  • @jar said:

@azeem said: Ahh! I know this might be very low priority but any temporary workaround for this?

Went as low as 4 characters but still shows as ' Wrong username or password'

• @dominame said:
    As an atheist who doesn't believe in Christmas I must be 6 years old again! B)

Well, as an atheist myself, feel free not celebrating Christmas, but if you don't believe Christmas happens every year, you're in denial. There's documented evidence on lots of calendars.

Thanked by 1dominame
    edited November 2020

@azeem said:

@jar said:

If it works at mail.mxlogin.com it should work. Any chance you discovered a password character that might not be passing? The pieces weren't made to work together :(

Better nextcloud integration coming very soon.

• @jar said:

@azeem said:

@jar said:

If it works at mail.mxlogin.com it should work. Any chance you discovered a password character that might not be passing? The pieces weren't made to work together :(

Better nextcloud integration coming very soon.

I'm such a fool :| I was trying to login using my billing dashboard credentials! Used one of my configured email accounts and it worked like a charm B) Apologies for wasting your time :|

Thanked by 1jar
  • So @jar, should I grab this offer or wait for BF?
    I don't know why I still don't have a MXroute account, I've been recommending it to all my friends and on reddit, yet I haven't bought one myself, lol.
    It'll most likely idle anyway, as I barely use few hundreds MBs of storage and send no more than 20 or 30 emails per month.

Thanked by 2jar Hotmarer
  • Hi @jar, do you support API for your email service?