Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Co-Lo Space in DC74/CLT2?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Co-Lo Space in DC74/CLT2?

I'm looking for a few U of co-lo space in Charlotte, specifically at DC74/CLT2 so I can cross-connect to HE. CLT1, CLT3, and CLT4 won't work for me.

I can't seem to find anyone, so I'm here looking for help!

Comments

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

I think that facility is completely sold out last time I heard.

Maybe reach out to Segra. When I talked to them a few years back (when it was still DC74) they told me that they would sell lit capacity over their network between the data centers for only marginally more than a regular cross connect. I don't know if Segra will still do that or not.

• Thanks. I have space in CLT4 and to cross-connect it's $1500. Ouch.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

You can reach out to https://www.tier.net/colocation
    They are offering colocation in DC74/Segra.

Thanked by 1x86txt
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@x86txt said: Thanks. I have space in CLT4 and to cross-connect it's $1500. Ouch.

Have you asked HE directly? They may have a solution for you.

Zayo or Conterra may be an option if they have capacity. Potentially either lit or dark fiber options. Fiber in Charlotte isn't cheap... so $1500 may be pretty much in line with what you will find at other fiber providers.

Thanked by 1x86txt
  • x86txtx86txt Member
    edited November 2020

I am with Tier.net in CLT4. They are the ones who told me a cross-connect to CLT2 is $1500 because it's a 1.5 mile run. And yeah, I've reached out to HE. CLT2 or nothing, they said. Same in Atlanta where I have equipment at 250 Williams. Have to pay for a x-connect to 56 Marietta to connect to them.

Tier.net offers a 1Gbps unlimited BGP blend I'll probably wind up going with for the same price as HE.