Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any better alternative of Centos Web Panel for VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any better alternative of Centos Web Panel for VPS?

azeosoftazeosoft Member
edited October 2020 in General

Hello,
My clients has been using CWP from past many years but due to their continuous development phases there are several bugs we get reported each day.

Although CWP is free but is there any better alternative than CWP is available?

Please share your views about CWP.

Thanks

Comments

• Not exactly a panel but centminmod does a great job.

• Is this panel or any mod?

• direct admin

• ApisCP
    You will know more if you join their Discord

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider

AApanel
    CyberPanel

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Buy (a) VM with a company that includes free Directadmin ;)

Francisco

Thanked by 2nyamenk HostXNow
  • try Apiscp

• KeyHelp.

• Hestiacp , Myvestacp

• OP is gone but others might like my (admin, not end user) perspective.
    HestiaCP is the only one getting close to CWP, when you consider GUI, functionality, resources used, immediacy and cost. If only the CWP devs would wake up and take a better approach to the software, it really would be great, IMHO.
    I put up with CWP for some of my VPS but it sure is a pain at times and I stick with mostly the basics.
    I find DA quirky though usable and only use it where supplied with a VPS. Not that I don't appreciate it but I don't find it as intuitive as WHM/cPanel.
    I have other VPSes, not in 'production' use: keyhelp, fastpanel, ispconfig, cyberpanel just seem unfinished when it comes to daily admin tasks, such a server logs, email queues etc.
    Any panel that doesn't integrate CSF leaves me feeling it's a bit lacking; purely a personal preference. Where a panel NEEDS 2GB RAM and more than say, 8GB storage, I question its' coding efficiency. I guess that comes from running lowend (specified) servers and remembering the "good old days" of MB resources.

Thanked by 2lokuzard themew
  • I have been testing Interworx and I have been surprised, their roadmap look surprising as well, their UI is quite intuitive

• Currently, HestiaCP and ISPConfig seems to be the actively developed and best opensource alternatives with security fixes. ( MyVestacp seems to be vestacp+security fixes. As it is tied to Vesta development, you can only see new features when they are added to Vesta. )

For end user interface, I like HestiaCP more but it dont support Centos. ISPConfig supports most linux flavours but feel that the end user interface is not as fine tuned.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited October 2020

@desfire said: Interworx

$7.50 USD Monthly - pass (though cheaper than cPanel).

• +1 AAPanel

• DirectAdmin is best option

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited October 2020

A 3 year account (joined but never visited until now could just be forgotten password and not logging in) was banned. Can mods start posting when/why people get instant banned without obvious infraction? Sometimes they do, but not always.

I'm guessing it's the advertising in his profile? We won't know if it's because of duplicate account or ban evasion, etc.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • hzrhzr Member
    edited October 2020

@TimboJones said: I'm guessing it's the advertising in his profile? We won't know if it's because of duplicate account or ban evasion, etc.

This is a 6th or 7th ban evasion account. Usually there is a reason, but not so much for mass applied ones. It's the $0.89/m no-IPv4 shill that made more accounts to like their own post.

• papadockpapadock Member
    edited November 2020

@Francisco I do have a reseller account from buyshared and I try BS reseller with DA and I can't explain how I amaze how DA improvement. I have already cPanel reseller from BS and I would like to know if it possible to migrate all my clients/users from cPanel to DA without losing email accounts and messages? Thanks and have a great day to all.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@papadock said: @Francisco I do have a reseller account from buyshared and I try BS reseller with DA and I can't explain how I amaze how DA improvement. I have already cPanel reseller from BS and I would like to know if it possible to migrate all my clients/users from cPanel to DA without losing email accounts and messages? Thanks and have a great day to all.

Of course :) not a problem at all.

We do conversions all the time, basically every day.

Thanks for the business. I appreciate it.

Francisco

• @azeosoft said:
    Hello,
    My clients has been using CWP from past many years but due to their continuous development phases there are several bugs we get reported each day.

Although CWP is free but is there any better alternative than CWP is available?

Please share your views about CWP.

Thanks

Webmin/Virtualmin

• HostXNowHostXNow Member
    edited November 2020

@Francisco said:
    Buy (a) VM with a company that includes free Directadmin ;)

Francisco

See what you did there. Even that wouldn't work at WHT, lol. ;)

I'd go with DirectAdmin or InterWorx.