Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hestiacp 1.3.0 released
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hestiacp 1.3.0 released

A few days back hestiacp 1.3.0 released with security fixes found by @rack911.

If you are new, its an open source control panel very actively developed and derived from vestacp( supports ubuntu/debian and un fortunately no support for centos in near future).

github page : https://github.com/hestiacp/hestiacp

Here is change log : https://github.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/releases/tag/1.3.0

@Falzo seems to be involved in dev work.

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I've tried it a few times, surprisingly good for what it is.

• It is really great. For some reason I always end up with ISPConfig or Keyhelp for self-hosted but Hestiacp doesn't need to hide behind the competition. Good old snappy vestacp feeling with added security.

Thanked by 2webcraft RedSox
  • @niceboy said: @Falzo seems to be involved in dev work.

yeah, I consider myself part of the team ;-)

however I sadly don't have much time lately to help much ... luckily the group of people working on it shows a lot of engagement (and are probably much more experienced anyway)

@Ympker said: For some reason I always end up with ISPConfig or Keyhelp for self-hosted but Hestiacp doesn't need to hide behind the competition.

HestiaCP does not aim to be a competition at all ;-) so it's perfectly fine, if everyone picks whatever works best for their use case!

it's important to us, to point out, that HestiaCP rather wants to be a tool for experienced admins to help make some of the daily tasks easier but it is not intended to be a replacement for server management knowledge :smiley:

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2020

@Falzo said:

@niceboy said: @Falzo seems to be involved in dev work.

yeah, I consider myself part of the team ;-)

however I sadly don't have much time lately to help much ... luckily the group of people working on it shows a lot of engagement (and are probably much more experienced anyway)

@Ympker said: For some reason I always end up with ISPConfig or Keyhelp for self-hosted but Hestiacp doesn't need to hide behind the competition.

HestiaCP does not aim to be a competition at all ;-) so it's perfectly fine, if everyone picks whatever works best for their use case!

it's important to us, to point out, that HestiaCP rather wants to be a tool for experienced admins to help make some of the daily tasks easier but it is not intended to be a replacement for server management knowledge :smiley:

Nicely said :) Ever considered a job in PR? ;D

Keep up the good work!

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Ympker said: Ever considered a job in PR?

haha, you know I work in marketing (partially) for quite some time now. even got it certified by IHK last year :-P

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Falzo said:

@Ympker said: Ever considered a job in PR?

haha, you know I work in marketing (partially) for quite some time now. even got it certified by IHK last year :-P

Nice :P IHK, good stuff :D