Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the best protection for game server hosting ( voxility or DDoS-Guard )
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is the best protection for game server hosting ( voxility or DDoS-Guard )

Hello,
I will start my hosting startup and i'am looking for best solution for ddos protection

Colocation with serverius and Getting DDoS guard ip transit to my Network or colocation with hetzner and Getting Voxility ip transit to my Network

Both are great for me i tried them but which one better than other ??!

Make sure all in-house solutions have problems with me for protection :neutral:

Comments

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

What game are you specifically trying to host?
    Is it personal use or offering public hosting?

• @Ian_Dot_Tech said:
    What game are you specifically trying to host?
    Is it personal use or offering public hosting?

I will offer public hosting focused to provide best ddos protection solution also my target will be to gamers so i don't have specific game i tried too many many many of ddos solutions here, voxility and ddos guard are the best.

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

I would steer clear of Voxility. You can try us (if you have a >$2k/mo budget to spend on it), or others like Path Networks.

Thanked by 1blaze_n
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

If you are starting out, stick to OVH if you care about somewhat decent protection.

Thanked by 1blaze_n
  • If you had only those two choices, I'd say Voxility, but if you wanted to look around on the internet I'd not say the same.

Thanked by 1blaze_n
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

If you need quality it typically costs a little more. If you need something with a bit more attention to detail and mitigation quality feel free to open a suppor ticket with us.

Thanked by 1blaze_n
  • zane_zane_ Member, LIR

Have you had a look at Cloudflare Magic-Transit?

Thanked by 1blaze_n
  • There are bottlenecks everywhere, someone filters one better, someone else

Thanked by 1blaze_n
  • oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

We use Corero. Its 100 Gbps protection inline/local. Have you used any providers who use Corero? We can def have Corero add custom rules if our default ones dont stop whatever attack your getting.

Thanked by 1blaze_n
  • BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

Are you getting hit now with what you have? If so how big are the attacks?

Thanked by 1blaze_n
  • @zane_ said:

Need some improvement with udp filters i tried frantech with CloudFlare MT

Thanked by 1zane_
  • @oplink said:
    We use Corero. Its 100 Gbps protection inline/local. Have you used any providers who use Corero? We can def have Corero add custom rules if our default ones dont stop whatever attack your getting.

Yeah i tried providers with corero,
    Corero is good but in Layer4 also it always takes around 15-30 seconds to mitigate the attacks also after mitigation i see leaks not big and not small with it

• @BradyH said:
    Are you getting hit now with what you have? If so how big are the attacks?

Most of attacks i getting from shitty stressers so it's not big as you expect but it's very effective

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

@blaze_n said:

@zane_ said:

Need some improvement with udp filters i tried frantech with CloudFlare MT

Cloudflare MT leaks a lot of UDP, it has some protection against older and more known floods... but, with most newer attacks or anything custom, it’ll just hit a predefined global rate limit. Keeping your flood under that ratelimit generally will let the flood leak through MT.